time

Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi

Guest Guest

Said Al-Islam Gaffafi's lawyer has claimed that his client has been beaten by his jailers

I sincerely hope so :)

He will be tried in Libya..., not The Hague...

Fair and balanced trial then so. I wonder will they construct the gallows before or after they find him guilty?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

To be honest, I think

Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi

is a poor choice of candidate for the DeathList.

http://www.guardian....afi-trial-libya

The decision has been made to defy ICC demands and hold his trial in Libya.

Bet they're building the gallows already.

I put saif forward for this years deathlist but forgot to include him on my DDP d'oh . Still i think there is a more than 50% chance of him being executed next year rather than this year . But i don't think you can include people on death row on your DDP , though im not 100% sure on that.

I put saif forward for this years deathlist but forgot to include him on my DDP d'oh . Still i think there is a more than 50% chance of him being executed next year rather than this year . But i don't think you can include people on death row on your DDP , though im not 100% sure on that.

With the trial starting next month I'd put money on him being found guilty and executed before Hallowe'en. I doubt they want a long drawn out affair leading to appeal after appeal. They want vengeance, swift and simple.

If I remember the DDP policy on death-row inmates correctly:

-If you put the person on your team before the trial starts, and they are executed in the same day, you get points but no unnatural bonus points.

-If the person is already sentenced to death, you can still put them on your team, but if they die by execution you get no points. Full points will be rewarded if they die of a disease/natural causes/suicide/murdered by other inmates.

I forget the rules for if they're imprisoned, but not yet sentenced which is Gaddafi's case.

Gallows are armed and ready. According to this article, if Gaddafi is found guilty, he will face execution by hanging. Personally, I don't think this man is going to be exonerated by the same men who sodomised his father with a knife and then killed him. But, I could be wrong. Let's hope for a speedy trial before the clock strikes 2013.

Gallows are armed and ready. According to this article, if Gaddafi is found guilty, he will face execution by hanging. Personally, I don't think this man is going to be exonerated by the same men who sodomised his father with a knife and then killed him. But, I could be wrong. Let's hope for a speedy trial before the clock strikes 2013.

I put a €20 bet on with a workmate this morning that he'll be dead by hanging before November. It's just my opinion but i'd say he will be a definite hit for DL 2012.

I put a €20 bet on with a workmate this morning that he'll be dead by hanging before November. It's just my opinion but i'd say he will be a definite hit for DL 2012.

According to the article I read in the Independent today his trial begins in September and is expected to last up to 6 months. Think we can safely rule him out for 2012

-If you put the person on your team before the trial starts, and they are executed in the same day, you get points but no unnatural bonus points.

-If the person is already sentenced to death, you can still put them on your team, but if they die by execution you get no points. Full points will be rewarded if they die of a disease/natural causes/suicide/murdered by other inmates.

I forget the rules for if they're imprisoned, but not yet sentenced which is Gaddafi's case.

Hopefully paul bearer can answer the last part about being imprisoned but not yet sentenced, before i put him on my list .

Hopefully paul bearer can answer the last part about being imprisoned but not yet sentenced, before i put him on my list .

Best person to check with would be The Man in Black as its his rules. Strictly speaking, IMO, Saif is in detention awaiting trial, so he can go on to any death list, (Hell, he may eventually be found innocent and freed). So, bearing that in mind, there should be no point deduction if he does go to trial and is excetuted.

I hope all that made sense, but, as I said, TMiB would be the person to ask.

This is the rule:

• Prisoners on "Death Row" i.e. awaiting state execution can only score points if they die of other causes.
  • Picks that are on trial or are put on trial and are found guilty and executed are not disqualified but will not claim the unnatural points bonus.

If said pick has already been sentenced to death and is picked for DDP 2013, the only way he/she can score points for the team picking him is that that they die of other causes (suicide, accident, illness etc). If they are executed, no points will be awarded.

However, should a pick be sentenced to death and is duly executed after they are picked for 2013 (i.e. after 01/01/2013), then points will be awarded but not the unnatural points bonus, as in the eyes of the law, it is a legitimate death...

Best person to check with would be The Man in Black as its his rules. Strictly speaking, IMO, Saif is in detention awaiting trial, so he can go on to any death list, (Hell, he may eventually be found innocent and freed). So, bearing that in mind, there should be no point deduction if he does go to trial and is excetuted.

I hope all that made sense, but, as I said, TMiB would be the person to ask.

'Found innocent and freed', that's a good one :)

Should he get the death penalty as predicted, it could well be years before its actually carried out. Tariq Aziz has been awaiting execution for almost 2 years now

'Found innocent and freed', that's a good one :)

Of course, I WAS thinking innocent and freed only to be assassinated by a disgruntled Libian. In which case full points should be awarded.

Hmm, my fingers are crossed for an early death. He wishes he could still cross his fingers!

Lawyers appointed for Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.

When asked whether he was in good health, Mr Gaddafi said that he was and gave a thumbs-up sign, the BBC's foreign editor, John Simpson, reports from Zintan.

regards,

Hein

What, he still has thumbs! FFS, those revolutionaries have been neglecting their duties!

Libya not ready to try Saif al-Islam Gaddafi

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-22733375

I haven't a clue what this means for his eventual trial.

regards,

Hein

It means he's Saif, for now!

• Like 1

Libya not ready to try Saif al-Islam Gaddafi

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-22733375

I haven't a clue what this means for his eventual trial.

regards,

Hein

The Libyan government have refused to hand him over and he is due in court in august . After two of gaddafi's former ministers were sentenced to death saif could be next . Chance he could be executed around eid al-adha in October if not probably a dead cert for next year.

The rebel group holding him in the Zintan province have adjourned his trial to December 12th, although he was also due in court in Tripoli for a pre-trail hearing for other charges. Big headache, basically.