Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Doesn't everybody? It helps in case aliens come to abduct me. Yes it most certainly does.

You mean it helps the aliens? (They don't have to break into your house)

• Like 1

Actually it's a group of bricks formed in the shape of a house (if I call it a house there may be taxes levied against it)

I am hoping Chewbaca is on the ship.

Actually it's a group of bricks formed in the shape of a house (if I call it a house there may be taxes levied against it)

I am hoping Chewbaca is on the ship.

They might be unfriendly aliens who want to conduct all kinds of experiments on you.

Will there be probes of the more pleasurable kind and more importantly will I be allowed to probe or would that be a probe-lem?

Will there be probes of the more pleasurable kind and more importantly will I be allowed to probe or would that be a probe-lem?

Probe & be probed to your heart's content :)

How to I stop annoying messages from appearing on my computer screen?

How to I stop annoying messages from appearing on my computer screen?

Switch your computer off?

There's an idear.

Do you mean pop ups? If you do, you should be able to get a pop up blocker. I don't know why, but I have 2. I downloaded the google taskbar, (how I did it remains a mystery to me) and there it was.

What about when a pop up blocker doesnt work? For example I go to on site ((not related to death so I won't list it even though it is family safe and in no way vulgar) and even with my po up blocking on they shoot up left and right.

any way that wasnt really waht I meant. I meant any post titles which do not appeal to me. and for that the swithc off method might be best for me.

Thanking you ever so much in advance.

I was wondering if this is up to date with the new fangled technology in the forums?

I was wondering if this is up to date with the new fangled technology in the forums?

The short answer is: no. When I have time, I'll review the HOWTO and adapt it to the new software. This may take a while.

regards,

Hein

Accessing Dead Chat

If you find that you are unable to access “Dead Chat”, there is a good chance that the pop-up blocking feature on your browser is enabled. To disable it, do the following:

Internet explorer browsers:

1. From the “Tools” menu, select “Pop-up Blocker”
  2. Then select “Turn Off Pop-up Blocker”

Alternatively

1. From the “Tools” menu, select “Pop-up Blocker”
  2. Select “Pop-up Blocker settings”
  3. In the “Address of websites to allow” enter www.deathlist.net
  4. Click the “add” option to add deathlist to the list of sites where pop-ups are allowed.

Netscape 7 and above browsers:

1. From the “Edit” menu, select “Preferences”
  2. Expand “Privacy & Security” from the left menu bar
  3. Select “Popup windows”
  4. Under Popup Windows, ensure that the item, “Block Unrequested Popup Window” is unckecked
  5. Alternatively, leave this option on, but select the “Allowed sites” button and enter deathlist.net in the Allowed Sites list.

Firefox 1 and above browsers:

1. From the “Tools” menu, select “options”
  2. Select the “Content” tab
  3. Ensure that “Block Popup Windows” is unchecked.
  4. Alternatively, leave this option on, but select the “Allowed sites” button and enter deathlist.net in the Allowed Sites list.

Safari 2 and above browsers:

1. Launch safari
  2. From the Safari menu, ensure Block Pop-up Windows is unchecked.

To disable popup blocking using Google's toolbar:

1. Click the Options button on the Google toolbar.
  2. Within the Navigation section of the Browsing tab, ensure Popup Blocker is unchecked.
  3. Alternatively, you can allow popups for the active site by clicking the toolbar button indicating the number of blocked popups.

If you do have third party blocking software:

1. Open the program
  2. Look at the options on the menu
  3. Check for a button to disable (some programs allows you to disable or pause them by right clicking on the program icon)
  4. Close the program

Like the recent updates but could someone tell me what the "warn 0%" followed by four blue squares is next to my name?

Like the recent updates but could someone tell me what the "warn 0%" followed by four blue squares is next to my name?

We've all got them, it just tells you what your warning status is, the Moderators have increased powers these days. All kinds of punishments can now be inflicted upon an errant member.

We've all got them, it just tells you what your warning status is, the Moderators have increased powers these days. All kinds of punishments can now be inflicted upon an errant member.

With great power comes great responsibility... Has the corruption increased to reflect the new software? :P

I had imagined it was something like that, perhaps I phrased my original post badly. Whatt does 0% followe by four blue squares mean sepcifiacally. I notice you have no such tag and can't seem to find anyone else with one. Have I been a good or a bad boy?

I had imagined it was something like that, perhaps I phrased my original post badly. Whatt does 0% followe by four blue squares mean sepcifiacally. I notice you have no such tag and can't seem to find anyone else with one. Have I been a good or a bad boy?

You can only see your own warning level, only Moderators and Admins can see everybodys.

0% means you have no warnings against you.

You can only see your own warning level, only Moderators and Admins can see everybodys.

0% means you have no warnings against you.

Thank you TF. Trust your warning rating is similar.

Hope you are having a pleasant Sunday.

Just seen OoO's collection of Kommunist's postings. How can you do that? I assume there is a feature on the site to allow us to look at an indivual's collective postings.

Just seen OoO's collection of Kommunist's postings. How can you do that? I assume there is a feature on the site to allow us to look at an indivual's collective postings.

Godot,

go to members at the top and find their profile (either by search or just click on the profile on the left if they posted in a thread recently.

<-----------------------

At the top right of the profile it will give you some options, which includes view member's posts. After that, you may do what you wish with their collective wit & wisdom. :)

Wow, I've only ever started one thread! (You can check that too...)

Many thanks OoO. Lots of reading in store.

Whilst strictly off topic, I was hoping someone with a bit of IT know-how reads this before it's deleted. As some of you may be aware I'm not very good with computers, which might be an understatement.

Anyway, whilst at work I seem to have accidentally downloaded this thing called Google Earth on to my work profile. This most definitely not allowed and I didn't know I was downloading anything, I was just trying to find out what the countryside outside Genoa looked like. How the Hell do I delete it? I've tried moving the icon thingy to the recycling bin , I've clicked on the uninstall option, but every morning when I start work, lo and behold it's still on my desktop. I'm getting worried now and I really don't want to speak to our IT dept as they really, really hate me. Any ideas anyone? Otherwise I'm in big trouble! :unsure:

Whilst strictly off topic, I was hoping someone with a bit of IT know-how reads this before it's deleted. As some of you may be aware I'm not very good with computers, which might be an understatement.

Anyway, whilst at work I seem to have accidentally downloaded this thing called Google Earth on to my work profile. This most definitely not allowed and I didn't know I was downloading anything, I was just trying to find out what the countryside outside Genoa looked like. How the Hell do I delete it? I've tried moving the icon thingy to the recycling bin , I've clicked on the uninstall option, but every morning when I start work, lo and behold it's still on my desktop. I'm getting worried now and I really don't want to speak to our IT dept as they really, really hate me. Any ideas anyone? Otherwise I'm in big trouble! :unsure:

I may be telling you what you already know, but I would right-click the icon and select 'delete' then go to my control panel and in the Add/Remove programs and try getting rid of it from there.

My hubby tells me that it's probably installed on the firms server and needs to be deleted from there. :rip:

Sorry I can't help. :(:electr2:

• Like 1