harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

I don't think his will see 2017 but he should be deathlist on next year.

Wrong. DL isn't the least bit interested in American sports figures. There are those here (LMAO) who would suggest the UK media 'might not publish an obit' for Starr, or Jim Kelly for instance. As if.

​I can't say Gordie Howe was a miss, he had experimental injections with an unknown shelf life. Now we know. Bart Starr is a lock to die inside of 18 months. So yes, he should be in the top 15 of DL next year if he makes it. But you'll not see him. Or Jim Kelly. Or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Or Stan Mikita. Or.....

​(Before I hear it let's nip this shit in the bud: Ali transcended sports.)

​SC

Thought Jim Kelly had been cancer free since 2014?

• Like 1

Starr is certainly in line for a theme team I have in mind for 2017, if we are still allowed theme teams under the new rules, of course.

• Like 1

According to his son, Starr started getting injections in early Spring of 2015. If we add 18 months to that he will be lucky to see 2017. 2018 is out of the question. He's as much a shoe in as Glen Campbell, for instance, for 2017 should he/they make it.

SC

The NFL is overwhelming the number 1 sport in America and Bart Starr is an Icon of one of it's most popular teams.If Kirk Kekorian and Fergie Frederiksen met the threshold for Us name inclusion in the past, I don't see why Starr couldn't get a spot in the top 50 should he be alive Jan 1.

True but its about the 86th most popular sport here, just behind tiddlywinks but in front of Hamsters playing Lacrosse.

Might be a good idea, on the basis that this place is more UK centric, to tell the rest of us what the f uck these people actually do to give us a Scooby.

• Like 2

Surely there's already a thread for people who do whatever this bloke does.

I would think that American Football should be able to handle all the discussion about Bart.

• Like 4

I would think that American Football should be able to handle all the discussion about Bart.

Just me, obviously, but the thought of American Football holding a discussion conjures up the image of a bunch of big athletes gone to seed and suffering the early onset of dementia; all trying to follow the thread of a conversation.

Just me, obviously, but the thought of American Football holding a discussion conjures up the image of a bunch of big athletes gone to seed and suffering the early onset of dementia; all trying to follow the thread of a conversation.

I'm not following you.

Former Eagles coach Marion Campbell, who played on Philadelphia's last NFL championship team in 1960, has died. He was 87.

The team announced late Sunday that Campbell died Wednesday in Plano, Texas. Campbell, a two-way player and two-time Pro Bowl pick, played for the Eagles from 1956-61. He spent his first two NFL seasons with San Francisco.

Campbell, nicknamed ''Swamp Fox,'' served as defensive coordinator under Dick Vermeil from 1977-82. He was head coach from 1983-85, winning 17 games. Campbell later coached the Falcons from 1987-89. He was 34-80-1 overall.

SC

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-eagles-coach-marion-campbell-dies-at-87-071816

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Washington Redskins' superfan who attended games for decades in full Native American dress has died. Zema Williams was better known as Chief Zee. The team announced Williams' death on Twitter on Tuesday, calling him one of the team's greatest fans of all time.

SC

http://www.kswo.com/story/32486255/redskins-superfan-known-as-chief-zee-dies

Didn't see that one coming

Neither did Denny

Chris Mortensen

The ESPN Analyst is taking time off due to a Throat Cancer diagnosis

I hope he lives a long life but I also hope that his voice damage is permanent.

SC

Still battling away, but it appears he takes the Sir Creep attitude to cancer.

There is one myth, in my opinion, I would share. The mantra of “kick cancer’s ass” may be well-intended but it’s misplaced. Based on what I have experienced and having seen and heard others, you don’t kick cancer’s butt. It kicks your rear end. You just take the punches, get back up and let it hit you again and again.

• Like 1

Bill Dooley, a three-time coach of the year in the Atlantic Coast Conference who piled up 162 wins at North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest, died Tuesday. He was 82.

His wife, Marie, said Dooley died of natural causes at their home in Wilmington.

Dooley went a combined 162-125-5 in 26 seasons as a head coach with the Tar Heels, Hokies and Demon Deacons and took them to a combined 10 bowl games. He was the first North Carolina coach to win 11 games, leading the 1972 Tar Heels to an 11-1 finish. He is the only coach to lead the school to multiple ACC championships in football.

SC

http://m.oaoa.com/sports/article_01a17c54-25c6-5421-937d-d63108418956.html?mode=jqm

ESPN college football analyst Rod Gilmore has multiple myeloma.

Seriously, what the hell is going on at the ESPN studios? It's like the Kansas City Royals dugout in the late 70s, some cancer molecules floating around infesting everyone. Two dead already, Sagar and Mortenson and this Gilmore guy and a couple I'm sure I'm forgetting.... all have cancer.

​SC

• Like 1

Seriously, what the hell is going on at the ESPN studios? It's like the Kansas City Royals dugout in the late 70s, some cancer molecules floating around infesting everyone. Two dead already, Sagar and Mortenson and this Gilmore guy and a couple I'm sure I'm forgetting.... all have cancer.

​SC

Hmm, something in the walls? I could believe it.

​SC

And Stuart Scott... and John Saunders...

Maybe they should put one of those smoking bans on their premises... but their in Tennessee, so that ain't happening.

Former NFL offensive lineman Leon Donohue has died at age 77.

San Jose State announced Wednesday that Donohue died on Aug. 11 in Redding. The school did not release a cause of death.

After starring at San Jose State, Donohue spent six seasons in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys. He played 84 regular season games and the final contest of his career came in the 1967 NFL championship game in Green Bay known as the ''Ice Bowl.''

SC

A little CFL love today, and a boy from Hamtramck Michigan to boot!

Calgary Stampeders announced on Thursday that former running back Lovell Coleman has died. He was 78.

Coleman, who joined the Stampeders in 1960, died on Aug. 10 in Kamloops, B.C.

Coleman, originally from Hamtramck, Mich., played for Calgary until 1967 and won a pair of CFL rushing titles. He also played for Ottawa and finished his career with the B.C. Lions in 1970.

SirC

http://lethbridgeherald.com/sports/local-sports/2016/08/19/former-stampeder-dies/