Following Norwich's sacking of Chris Hughton there are no black managers in the football league. There are also no women so maybe Man United should lead the way and appoint Hope Powell to replace David Moyes.

Apologies for the delay I am having difficulty lighting the blue touch paper.

Well at least then they would actually have a hope.

• Like 2

Bl0ESbCCUAESTvI.jpg
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27180793

Suarez named player of the year... even though the season's not even fucking over yet. How does that work? Dummies.....

What if some other guy on the last day of the season scores 3 hat-tricks, including 3 goals that were free-kicks from the half-way line, and saves the life of a fan who's choking on his/her hot dog without even asking the ref to stop the match, and gets back on the pitch in time to make a goal-saving interception, and also gives a motivational speech at the end of the game which causes world peace to break out? They'd feel pretty stupid prematurely giving it to Mike Tyson Jr. then, wouldn't they?

To be fair he has been the best footballer in the Premier League this season, even though he's starting to run out of steam.

The Football Writer's Association are holding their vote out as long as possible so as to find any excuse not to give it to him...

• Like 1

I wouldn't know. The only thing that separates me from womanhood when it comes to football is I understand the offside rule. In case you couldn't tell I don't in fact give a flying fuck whether he's player of the year or not. I just wanted to bash them for awarding "player of the season" before the season ends, because that kind of pedantic (although surely, in this case, not without merit) whine is what the internet is all about!

Seriously it's only because I enjoy conversing with DL-types that I even post in this thread - I seem to remember a few of my posts have been about nostalgia-type things (the kind of thing that interests me is stuff like that hilarious own goal you posted in the other thread couple of weeks ago). Or my mentioning of Hyde FC (I like the lower leagues and underdogs and all that). Really I just find the whole atmosphere, Sky Sports hype, brown-nose presenters/commentators, and the players too odious to watch the Premier League regularly enough to analyse it/know who's best.

Although it has to be said, in the last couple of seasons though I have probably watched more Premier League matches than I had in almost the entirety of the 2000s. I think it was probably giving up on watching F1 that led to that - guess I had to fill up that sporting gap somehow. However now when even the fucking managers are joining in the violence (even if it was a weak headbutt) I've had a serious rethink and largely ignoring footy and going back to being all snobby again.

I wouldn't know. The only thing that separates me from womanhood when it comes to football is I understand the offside rule. In case you couldn't tell I don't in fact give a flying fuck whether he's player of the year or not. I just wanted to bash them for awarding "player of the season" before the season ends, because that kind of pedantic (although surely, in this case, not without merit) whine is what the internet is all about!

Seriously it's only because I enjoy conversing with DL-types that I even post in this thread - I seem to remember a few of my posts have been about nostalgia-type things (the kind of thing that interests me is stuff like that hilarious own goal you posted in the other thread couple of weeks ago). Or my mentioning of Hyde FC (I like the lower leagues and underdogs and all that). Really I just find the whole atmosphere, Sky Sports hype, brown-nose presenters/commentators, and the players too odious to watch the Premier League regularly enough to analyse it/know who's best.

Although it has to be said, in the last couple of seasons though I have probably watched more Premier League matches than I had in almost the entirety of the 2000s. I think it was probably giving up on watching F1 that led to that - guess I had to fill up that sporting gap somehow. However now when even the fucking managers are joining in the violence (even if it was a weak headbutt) I've had a serious rethink and largely ignoring footy and going back to being all snobby again.

You use the term 'snobby' as though it is a bad thing.

Hah..... some forms of snobbery I'm definitely all for, as you might well have noticed by now.

I was just trying to be a bit self-effacing by referring to my attitude as snobby - so as not to come off as too snobby. That's all. But you had to point it out didn't ya? And I couldn't bring myself to say it is a bad thing. So now I admit how I enjoy being snobby the cat's really out of the bag and I look snobbier than ever. Cheers. :glare::D

Seriously though, that Pardew headbutt thing came at the right time to shock me out of my habits. In the weeks before I was having vague words with myself like "come on you're watching a game where these full grown "men" sob into their XXXL replica shirts just because their favourite billionaire divers didn't win, get a grip", but I wasn't actually stopping watching. I did watch the first 30 minutes of Liverpool v. Chelsea yesterday though before I got bored. Did you notice how they don't show as many lower league games on Sky as they used to? Cos the secret is they're often more fun to watch than the Prem.

Bring on the play-offs I say.

suarezokxta.gif

Sorry tmib ;)

Is he biting someone under there?

suarezokxta.gif

Sorry tmib ;)

What we need now is an Albert Kidd...

suarezokxta.gif

Sorry tmib ;)

What we need now is an Albert Kidd...

Is this Oscar Pisporstorius' drama coach?

I just had to post this.

BnG1wK1IUAAwKsw.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone who's got Sky Sports stick the Leyton Orient vs. Peterborough game on now, second leg of the League One play-off semi between these two. Should be a great match, these teams do not play boring footy especially Peterborough.

You have no idea how many times I have seen that photo with the dog getting infected with rabies :D, lol every time.

I know the final day of the Prem was a week ago but hey I just suddenly remembered this..

When I was watching I was really hoping Touré would score an own goal during the City match that would lead them to losing the title so the papers could run the headline "NO NO, Touré!"

Now it's top 10 goals of the 1982 World Cup, some really good ones here. Mostly from the Brazilians....

Also, some bloke called David Narey of Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25187862

Rememberances are always good, though I think it was during the 2002 WC I was in pig heaven (apart from getting a very very large bet up) as Eurosport showed all the matches from the 78 WC in entirety.

I was on holiday for the first fortnight of it and my local opened at 6am (shut at 4am) and spent a large chunk of time in there just watching the games.

Archie MacPherson going ''Wooooooooooooof'' being the main attraction, but it made me long for the days of a single commentator, with no brain dead explayer summerising. I hate that every fucking form of tv sport now has to have these failed coaches (for that is what they are, can no longer earn a living within the game) giving their tactical insight.

Cunts.