randomranter

The Dutch

Dutch comedian Youp van 't Hek underwent coronary artery bypass surgery last week and cancels shows till March.
Link in Dutch.

Not particularly life-threatening, it seems, but he may be worth a punt on my Theme Team.

• Like 1

On January 1 Dutch singer Annie de Reuver died, aged 98. She was quite famous in the 1940s and 50s.

320px-Annie_de_Reuver_%281946%29.jpg

Apparently she wasn't that famous abroad: no English language obit.

Dutch model Yfke Sturm had an accident with a motorized surfboard and is now "fighting for her life":

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/09/dutch-model-yfke-sturm-seriously-injured-in-sea-accident/

According to news site nu.nl she's much better and back to work, whatever that is: Boyfriend thought Yfke Sturm wouldn't survive water sport accident. (24 December 2015)

Dutch model Yfke Sturm had an accident with a motorized surfboard and is now "fighting for her life":

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/09/dutch-model-yfke-sturm-seriously-injured-in-sea-accident/

According to news site nu.nl she's much better and back to work, whatever that is: Boyfriend thought Yfke Sturm wouldn't survive water sport accident. (24 December 2015)

Yfke?

Short for I Fucked Ye?

Yfke?

Short for I Fucked Ye?

In some circles, 'water sports' has a second meaning...

• Like 5

Yfke?

Short for I Fucked Ye?

In some circles, 'water sports' has a second meaning...

Say no more!

Aaahh... even in intensive care.

Edit: He suffered a fall. So not necessarily fatal, but let's see...

Aaahh... even in intensive care.

Aha!

Edit: He suffered a fall. So not necessarily fatal, but let's see...

Bummer. He took a fall in the bathroom, it says, and he received a skull injury, but the report adds: "He was admitted to the intesive care unit, but according to a spokeswoman his injuries aren't serious an Zorreguieta was in no danger. He'll return to his holiday address in Villa La Angostura wednesday, where king Willem-Alexander and queen Máxima have a holiday every other year." I sacked him from my DDP team, so I hope he´ll live another year.

"This week", according to Dutch news site nu.nl, Dutch writer Richard Klinkhamer died, aged 78. He achieved notoriety in 2000 when the remains of his wife were found buried in the garden of the house in which Klinkhamer had brained her with a crowbar in 1991. He was sentenced to 7 years, of which he served 3. He wrote a book about the murder; several book shops refused to sell it.

5o9xziwauo0i_wd640.jpg

"This week", according to Dutch news site nu.nl, Dutch writer Richard Klinkhamer died, aged 78. He achieved notoriety in 2000 when the remains of his wife were found buried in the garden of the house in which Klinkhamer had brained her with a crowbar in 1991. He was sentenced to 7 years, of which he served 3. He wrote a book about the murder; several book shops refused to sell it.

5o9xziwauo0i_wd640.jpg

Was the book titled "How I did it"?

• Like 1

5o9xziwauo0i_wd640.jpg

He lived up to his name, didn't he.

• Like 3

He wrote a book about the murder; several book shops refused to sell it.

No, it's Woensdag Gehaktdag, (Wednedsday Ground Meat Day, on Wednesdays Dutch butchers used to sell ground meat cheap).
  • Like 1

5o9xziwauo0i_wd640.jpg

He lived up to his name, didn't he.

Would be irony if he had clubbed his wife with a rivet hammer, which is the English translation of his name.

5o9xziwauo0i_wd640.jpg

murdered his wife and only got 7 years? Exactly why the dutch need a tougher Justice system.

murdered his wife and only got 7 years? Exactly why the dutch need a tougher Justice system.

He was convicted of manslaughter, for which the "standard" penalty is 8 years, but the maximum is 15. First offender, one year off: seems ordinary. What's the rate where you live?

He was convicted of manslaughter, for which the "standard" penalty is 8 years, but the maximum is 15. First offender, one year off: seems ordinary. What's the rate where you live?
20 years but he clearly killed his wife her body was found in the house for crying out loud.

20 years but he clearly killed his wife her body was found in the house for crying out loud.

Yes, he admitted killing her. For murder the law requires premetidated killing. Apparently the court held that premetidation as not proven, so could not convict for murder and had to settle for manslaughter. If you don't like the law, propose to change it. If you care enough: immigrate and vote to change it.

Possibly a knee capping from the Real IRA.

• Like 3

The maximum penalty for manslaughter in England & Wales is life imprisonment. The sentence is usually less, but not always, as in this case.

The maximum penalty for manslaughter in England & Wales is life imprisonment. The sentence is usually less, but not always, as in this case.

FIRST OFFENDER for Manslaughter?!???? What in all of fuck? You dumb asses treat it like wreckless driving!

Would you were that woman's sibling and hand me that 'first offense' manslaughter 'seems ordinary' nonsense.

SC

FIRST OFFENDER for Manslaughter?!???? What in all of fuck? You dumb asses treat it like wreckless driving!

Would you were that woman's sibling and hand me that 'first offense' manslaughter 'seems ordinary' nonsense.

We may well be dumb asses, but it's standing practice in Dutch criminal justice. If you don't like it, propose to change it. If you care enough: immigrate and vote to change it.

• Like 1

We may well be dumb asses, but it's standing practice in Dutch criminal justice. If you don't like it, propose to change it. If you care enough: immigrate and vote to change it.

Are you SURE you would want him in Holland land Hein? :lol:

If people need ideas for entries the Dutch forum now has their own DL-like top 50 list.

27. Tanja Nijmeijer, FARC-rebel

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

There are rumours in Colombian and Dutch media that she's been killed in action, in the same raid in which Mono Jojoy, a top Farc rebel leader, is reported to be killed.

Could be a massive points bonanza for Vaagheid if:

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

1. according to some Columbian sources it seems likely that she died

2. I fear she won't get the right obit, DDP-points or not i am still very proud that i predicted her death.

Prepare yourself for a disappointment: the Colombian Defense Ministry reports a woman killed in the raid is not Ms Nijmeijer. I haven't found an English news source for that, but I'll keep my eyes open.

regards,

Hein

FARC-apologist Tanja Nijmeijer was being interviewed on Dutch tv (via a video link from Havana) about the peace deal between the FARC and Columbia. She was mostly defending "the ideals" of the FARC and the current peace deal. She was also saying that if the peace deal went through she would stay in Colombia and "make the country better in some other way" but if the deal wouldn't go through then she and the other FARC members will "have to" go back into the jungle.

http://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/2137794-tanja-nijmeijer-als-de-deuren-gesloten-worden-gaan-we-terug-naar-de-jungle.html