Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2012

Goodness, 11 unique picks? That leaves more chance of one in the DDP.

Some tough opposition though - deadsoxs team looks inspired on paper for example - but all of them look like they could spring several hits. Lots of low hanging fruit in terms of severe illness.

Should be a cracker - good luck to all involved!

Then Lardy said: "I'll have 360 points please Bob!"

*cough* Captain Chorizo *cough* joker *cough*

SHUT UP! :D

Good grief. Or rather: bloody hell.

"It's a long way to Paris" Joop Zoetemelk remarked when he lost something like 20 minutes to the Yellow Jersey in the first week of a Tour de France. I suspect he'd rather have used words like mine. He was right though, he made up most of the deficit and finished second. Again.

regards,

Hein

Aye, we're on it. LA Times obit now sourced online and points duly awarded. Well over a third of the way there brave captain. Good work.

Aye, we're on it. Nine days in, quarter of the teams scored already and Etta James has gone home to die! She is, by far, the Deathrace's most popular joker.

Sanha was the last man cut from my DDP (and by extension, Deathrace) team as I was unsure of his obit chances. Sagor Maas isn't getting a UK obit by looks of it, and I put too little faith in the severity of Holness's illness - in fairness, if a man survives 80 odd strokes, you assume they'll be more of a fighter. Ahem.

Nine days in and hindsight is already killing me. Joy.

Sanha was the last man cut from my DDP (and by extension, Deathrace) team as I was unsure of his obit chances. Sagor Maas isn't getting a UK obit by looks of it, and I put too little faith in the severity of Holness's illness - in fairness, if a man survives 80 odd strokes, you assume they'll be more of a fighter. Ahem.

Nine days in and hindsight is already killing me. Joy.

I think Sagor Maas will, but it's gonna be one of those "six weeks after the actual death, obit writer at The Telegraph has half a page they need to fill" jobbies.

Aye, but Deathrace rules sez - more or less - credible obit from news source in English, everyone dead on here has qualified for points. GAME ON and dirty dozen line up in a clear lead.

Mind, Chorizo didn't see the need to put Etta James in his league of low hangers, her demise'd soon shake things up a bit.

Getting tight at the top now Strathie's snuffed it!

There was a kid in my class at Primary. Fastest runner in our year, boasted a lot. Come Sports Day he was the favourite for the 100m and he let everyone know it.

Seconds into the race, he tripped on his shoelace and fell flat on his face. Finished dead last.

Minus the boasting, I'm suddenly feeling a lot like that kid.

A tonnage of impressive low hangers in your twenty MSC and I think Coase such an inspired pick he's on a DDP theme team and my current Rotten Dead Pool line up. It's over, when it's over, or summat. Don't count yourself out yet. A joker this week still pays around 700 points.

A tonnage of impressive low hangers in your twenty MSC and I think Coase such an inspired pick he's on a DDP theme team and my current Rotten Dead Pool line up. It's over, when it's over, or summat. Don't count yourself out yet. A joker this week still pays around 700 points.

Oh, I wont: a race isn't over till its over, and an Etta/Clerides/Wilson triple header this week would turn it all. ^_^

Coase was someone I thought was long gone, then was reminded he was alive in the build up to his birthday last month. On recent form, as soon as I realise someone is alive I thought dead, they swiftly die anyway. So his omens aren't too hot! (Plus, you know, the whole being 102 in 2012)

A bit annoyed four people I crossed OFF my DDP/Deathrace list as being too tricky for obits/expecting them to live have all popped their clogs and all look to be getting obits! :banghead:

I think DDT (who else?) just went in the lead there.

Chorizo not picking Etta James though, with 8 others by the looks of it having her as a joker, DOES put the cat amongst the pigeons as MPFC predicted!

I think DDT (who else?) just went in the lead there.

Hey...

Oh yeah. Nice joker. :D

James points duly added.

:shock2: Her families money grub squabbles had me sure she would be propped up until the fall.

I know it might be a bit late, but there are a few of us looking to enter a theme team. Can we?

I know it might be a bit late, but there are a few of us looking to enter a theme team. Can we?

Sorry, and all that, but it is a bit late. I mean, we're two thirds of the way to having a winner. Close of business on 31 December is the deadline and I always aim to get things up and running inside a couple of days after that.

Sorry, and all that, but it is a bit late. I mean, we're two thirds of the way to having a winner. Close of business on 31 December is the deadline and I always aim to get things up and running inside a couple of days after that.

Fair enough. There was a number of us on chat last night and we got to thinking about entering a theme team on a deadpool that wasn't 'official' if you see what I mean.

See it perfectly. Just a suggestion, like, somebody starts a "Themes for Dreams" thread, or summat, and opens it up for theme teams of all kinds. The HPDP will trundle on over the year and - with any luck - Deathrace will declare a winner by Easter, so summat else entertaining would be welcome.