Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

This weekend I want to see my team up.

or you'll do what?

Have some bleeding patience man.

These guys not only have to put all the teams up, with links and everything, but also keep updated with who's dead, and remove all the dead people from those idiots who don't know what they're doing AND have to do the work they're actually paid for as well.

There's 11 and a half months for you to preen at your team selection. A week or two isn't going to hurt. :dead:

Just post it as your sig, Banshees.

Unless you would rather just post 20 random names as your sig like our good friend SC.

It's the 13th tomorrow - isn't it? :dead:

I won't be best pleased if they do it tomorrow - infact I will be so enraged I may have to bite myself just to calm down.

the 13th of course is the day to keep an eye on, as it means extra points.... :dead:

Just post it as your sig, Banshees.

Unless you would rather just post 20 random names as your sig like our good friend SC.

That would be unoriginal, besides it's been done. Moods swing of course, so god knows what the future holds. But I seriously doubt it. I'm still undecided whome Deathlists first hit of the year will be.

This weekend I want to see my team up.

or you'll do what?

Have some bleeding patience man.

These guys not only have to put all the teams up, with links and everything, but also keep updated with who's dead, and remove all the dead people from those idiots who don't know what they're doing AND have to do the work they're actually paid for as well.

There's 11 and a half months for you to preen at your team selection. A week or two isn't going to hurt. :dead:

Aye, well spoken Mr Eight Legs; this is an awesome undertaking and - despite the wait - the sheer tonnage of candidates and information will probably have a benificial impact on DL posts. Worth the wait to improve the quality of our lives.

Guest Vyrdolak
Interesting to note that had Keizo Miura got a UK obit then We Spin Terror would have won the 2006 DDP.

Any relation to Aika Miura? <fap fap fap>

That would be unoriginal, besides it's been done.

Great logic there, Banshees.

Who cares if it's unoriginal - it would solve the problem of us not being able to see your team.

Do get over yourself.

Aye, well spoken Mr Eight Legs; this is an awesome undertaking and - despite the wait - the sheer tonnage of candidates and information will probably have a benificial impact on DL posts. Worth the wait to improve the quality of our lives.

Attempting to summit Everest, dressed in shorts and a T-shirt would be an awesome undertaking. Doing repetitive code (rather slowly) on a website hardly qualifies as awesome, boresome, yes.

Yeah, but you climb mountains a step at a time. For all the fuss people make Everest these days is an endurance more than a climbing challenge. The DDP will become a massive resource of potted information on potential death. Repetitive code or not, I wouldn't want to be giving over so many hours to the work but I'm glad someone is.

Attempting to summit Everest, dressed in shorts and a T-shirt would be an awesome undertaking. Doing repetitive code (rather slowly) on a website hardly qualifies as awesome, boresome, yes.

Yeah, but you climb mountains a step at a time. For all the fuss people make Everest these days is an endurance more than a climbing challenge. The DDP will become a massive resource of potted information on potential death. Repetitive code or not, I wouldn't want to be giving over so many hours to the work but I'm glad someone is.

I don't envy those buggers. I hope there are plenty of them working on it. I'm down to the last 20 names on the HDP and am pretty much burned out.

Perhaps I'll offer some bonus points for the best short biogs of Bush and Blair from HDP participants.

Great logic there, Banshees.

Who cares if it's unoriginal - it would solve the problem of us not being able to see your team.

Do get over yourself.

Of course I will not add the list in my signiture since i'm to high class for that. Instead i'll share my 2007 selections in open arms.

Ariel Sharon

Tammy Fay Messner

Luciano Paverotti (Joker)

Albert Hofmann

Ernest Gallo

Brooke Astor

Michael Foot

Harold Pinter

Maurice Papon

Ronnie Biggs

Oscar Neimeyer

Lady Bird Johnson

Mark Felt

Claude Levi Strauss

Sargent Shriver

Yitzhak Shamir

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Fidel Castro

Jane Wyman

Meinhardt Rabbe

Kudos to the great Baboon & Kid. All the stiffs are removed, the Greg Page & Jack Ramsay stuff cleared up before we'd even blinked to check twice.

and still nothing for Bezzerides, Smyth, Betty & Hamilton thus far.

It's only a matter of a couple of days before Bezzerides gets an obit. I think the press agencies are just picking up on the fact that he's died as I just saw it mentioned on the CNN crawler.

It's only a matter of a couple of days before Bezzerides gets an obit. I think the press agencies are just picking up on the fact that he's died as I just saw it mentioned on the CNN crawler.

He's got one - courtesy of you know who...

Guardian Obit

You have a point, but I'll accept it either way as Messner will more than likely fall under the same bracket.

Either way, Ruth Bernhard has been removed so all is tickety-boo except none of my team have died yet. <_<

You have a point, but I'll accept it either way as Messner will more than likely fall under the same bracket.

Either way, Ruth Bernhard has been removed so all is tickety-boo except none of my team have died yet. <_<

You may accept it I won't. If AP feeds count then I'll consider the DDP a lost cause. :D

What's got into you Tempus? I thought that was the way it was counted. It was in the Film section, under 'news'. The rules say that it doesn't have to be a proper write up obit, just a notice of death.

Besides, most news is made up of cobbled together agency crap anyway...

Unless of course there is a definite rule, that a hit has to counted when there is a proper obit write up in the main (usually) broadsheet papers....

I was going though some old disks a couple of nights back and on one was my proposed 2006 DDP.

Turns out had I not fiddled with it I would have had 8 hits and 39 points.

So that was a rather disappointing find. (Could have been 40 points - I'm not sure if Tom Weir would have been a unique pick.)

Just looking through the whole thing so far:

No Noose is Good Noose HAS chosen a team full of executions. But I wonder how many will get obits? Only the Iraqis?

Depends, of course, if the Guardian continues to keep up <_<

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...6334546,00.html

Two for two so far, it would seem.

Congratulations to all over at the executiondeadpool for managing to predict... guess er... congratulations on the points...

I see there was a fear that Barzan al-Tikriti had "escaped the noose". Some escape.