millwall32

Alex Higgins (And Snooker)

I know that last time there was an Alex Higgins thread it turned into a rant fest.
So this is more general question, which I suspect will get very few answers-Aren't there a ton of sick and dying snooker players Joe O'Boye, the Francisco's, etc .
Suspect this will prove to be a thread to nothing but.......?

• Like 1

Alex Higgins is not in particularly good health, maybe he could be a candidate.

Higgins will outlive us all. He's 'beaten' throat cancer (probably no tumour could live long in that body) and is still smoking away. His booze intake is legendarily still the same as ever. And that's only the legal substances...

He OD'd on headache pills sometime in the 1980s, and somehow his liver managed to process them all and he recovered in days. Someone should get his DNA sequenced so we can see if immortality lies in his genes.

Guest the who

see joe the other day he is fine form dont worry about that!!!!!

Joe davis?

Joe Delaney?

Joe Perry?

Joe Su Lum?

Joe Johnson?

Joe Jogia?

Joe Swail?

(I'm bored now!)

Should this be merged into the "Snooker NOT Alex Higgins" thread? (Or should I mind my own business? ;) )

[Done - Teddy]

Anyone up the current state of Kirk Stevens - golden boy turned coke sniffing has-been - of a couple of decades ago.

see joe the other day he is fine form  dont worry about that!!!!!

Joe davis?

Joe Delaney?

Joe Perry?

Joe Su Lum?

Joe Johnson?

Joe Jogia?

Joe Swail?

(I'm bored now!)

I think he may have been talking about Joe Longthorne.

Anyone up the current state of Kirk Stevens - golden boy turned coke sniffing has-been - of a couple of decades ago.

As far as I can remember he is back in Canada, off cocaine, and doing the snooker exhibition circuit.

Higgins will outlive us all. He's 'beaten' throat cancer (probably no tumour could live long in that body) and is still smoking away. His booze intake is legendarily still the same as ever. And that's only the legal substances...

He OD'd on headache pills sometime in the 1980s, and somehow his liver managed to process them all and he recovered in days. Someone should get his DNA sequenced so we can see if immortality lies in his genes.

You can bet on that, Hurricane is no loser. He'll be around for many a year to torment all those who wrongly tormented him. Many of those will be long gone before him.

You can never put a good man or a real fighter down.

Who wants to put him on your sick list can dream on. Alex is here to stay for decades to come, snooker pro or not

You can bet on that, Hurricane is no loser. He'll be around for many a year to torment all those who wrongly tormented him. Many of those will be long gone before him.

Who wants to put him on your sick list can dream on. Alex is here to stay for decades to come, snooker pro or not

Thank you Mrs Higgins.

Thank you Mrs Higgins.

Lets see now, you sit there and criticise my wit and humour and then post something like that?

Alex is here to stay for decades to come, snooker pro or not

- That's twaddle, I'd give him 3 years maximum and that's been generous.

3 Years? That's the same as Gary Glitter got.

3 Years? That's the same as Gary Glitter got.

Although Mr Higgins will probably get time off for bad behaviour! :D

Who wrongly tormented him?

Mr Higgins is 57 today, by the way.

I'm sure that many here at deathlist would like to acknwowledge the anniversary but hope he doesn't have too many more.

57! I met him about 5 weeks ago, looks rough as anything, thought he was about 70! :)

57! I met him about 5 weeks ago, looks rough as anything, thought he was about 70! :D

A good candidate for DL 2007 then.

57! I met him about 5 weeks ago, looks rough as anything, thought he was about 70! :D

A good candidate for DL 2007 then.

If I remember correctly, I heard one news report back in the 90's that Higgins used to drink vodka during his tournaments.

Well, now that's he's made it to 57, he's outlived Bill Werbeniuk who sadly only made it to be 56 before he passed away

RE: Jo O'Boye

Saw him in Leicester just the other day and he looke like a serious alcoholic who had just sh*t hias trousers. Would be a solid bet for 2007 but I suspect that only you, me and those who have been in his mini-cab have heard of him.

didn't your mum tell you about drinking with the funny smelling people on park benches?

higgins is one of those burroughs/lemmy types whose body chemistry has somehow been strangely perverted by his excesses. research on these guys would not only reveal much about longevity, but would also prevent a few scientists cutting up cuddly bunnies for as long as their grants lasted. never mind which snooker player of that older generations LOOKS ill, it's going to be the bugger with the most cholesterol in their concrete arteries. the seventies and eighties guys drank a lot, smoked a lot, and probably ate too many cheap kebabs and refried chips. make a list and throw a dart (but that's another matter entirely...)

although, on looks alone you'd bet on steve davies to die of acute ennui

Guest SAFE SHOT

Thank you Mrs Higgins.

HIGGINS IS ALIVE AND UNWELL LAST I HEARD LIVING IN A HOSTEL IN THE EMERALD ISLE,STILL HUSTLING FOR A 10ER AND NOT ALWAYS WINNING TSK TSK .... THERE GO I BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD