They really are a special bunch

1.jpg

• Haha 1

Wenger to leave arsenal at end of the season.

XL87c7R.thumb.png.66ae12e47566fc135d0a4632ec1f3458.png

On 08/04/2018 at 12:01, charon said:

For no other reason than a discussion about dodgy ages, I remembered the Scots getting done out of the u16 WC Final in 89 by the Saudis.

The Scots....

240689-under-16-jvc-world-cup-final-saudi-arabia-u16-v-scotland-u16-BJJCJ9.thumb.jpg.7ce29b51f940733f678db9eb4bc8bcb6.jpg

The Saudis....

Bl2dVDfCUAAam2v.jpg.85f18c86f56f7409e58000a26db4378b.jpg

Bottom row, second in from the left, 35 if a day.....

How the fuck did they get away with that?

Anyway FA Cup semi-final today. 

Tottenham v Man Utd. Managing to squeeze it in between snooker sessions.

Recently a mod who will remain nameless asked me if I'd looked up the Pie n Bovril forums lately.

So, given Cove Rangers won 4-0 earlier in a promotion playoff, and the Beeb were giving it fuck all coverage (insert "cuntos here) I thought I'd go check out the non-league forums there. Find out Threave won the South of Scotland league (6th tier) but also see a reference to the "junior football shake up". Me being a curious sod, I go to the junior football section. (My first game was a trip with the Auld Yin to see Arthurlie nearly 30 years ago - and they were shite...) What's that? A thread with 302 pages, covering a month? Let's have a wee glance at the gist.

That was 6 hours ago! I'm on Page 178, it's nearly 2 in the bloody morning, and I'm going to have come back to it in the morning to find out what happened to Bonnyrigg fucking Rose and their league application so far.

• Haha 1

Just so I could get a better understanding of what’s going on, who’s Bonnyrigg and who’s Rose? 

Roey, he has entered the junior part of that forum.

We may never see him again.

* junior has nothing to do with age....

Stevie G getting tipped up as next hun manager.

Perfect timing for Season ticket renewals are 'slow', but I love this gif of him +++under Brendan, who is NOT a fucking manager+++

vTteVX0.gif

Huns are being all poetic about it tho.

syIxpUs.thumb.png.9bf3a490409010291fa53e204ed86b60.png

I hate Rangers and I hate Steven Gerrard so I am quite hopeful about this appointment.:D

Joey, Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic are one of the top non-league sides in Scotland. The juniors (a league structure entirely independent from the Scottish league, due to... reasons and pride) refused to be involved in the league system, but last year Kelty decided to jump to the East of Scotland league and pissed it easily. So that, combined with the SJA apparently having a Chief Executive shite even by football exec standards, meant a survey was done of club chairmen in the junior system. "Do you want to join the league system and leave the Juniors?" And like Brexit, they didn't get the answer they expected. Something like 66% of junior clubs went "Aye, sounds a plan to me", and now 17 of the eastern (ie  Edinburgh/Lothian) sides have applied to join the East of Scotland league, and a bunch of the top Clyde valley sides (like aforementioned Arthurlie) want in on the act if they can sort out a West of Scotland league within the pyramid. So yeah, big if it happens.

And yeah, if Bonnyrigg fucking Rose (sorry its not a juicy scandal you expected! :P) and Pollok want in the league structure, the junior system is long term fucked.

Right, kept that succinct, but my favourite bit so far is this bit at the end of the BBC statement from Auchinleck Talbot opposed to the merger:

"The likelihood is that junior football will move into the pyramid system, and we will move to achieve that entry level and possibly higher.

"Because if we're in there we want to do as well as we possibly can. Although we've no ambitions to do it, if we're going to be going in there we'll be doing as best as we can, and that means our facilities as well.

Translation: we don't want to join up, but since we're going to, we're going to fuck up the rest of the league, get it right up yas...

• Haha 1

He Lives to telt the tale.

Dangerous thread to go on msc, sanity wise.

• Haha 1

By fuck it must be awful being a hun.

((((( U OK, hun? )))))

• Haha 1

I'm fine ta toastie, 2nd goal went in and it a couple of weeks wages.

Huns, on the other hand. ....lol.

Having Rory up and watching this.

Its. Such. A ... Perfect Day....

Never, go, Full Rangers....

I went back to that Junior thread and it had sort of spiraled into some guy who apparently runs Twitter for Lochee threatening some other guy on the forum not to come to Lochee or else.

I think Joey thinking Bonnyrigg was a guy was one of the best bits of this experience tbh.

26 minutes ago, msc said:

I went back to that Junior thread and it had sort of spiraled into some guy who apparently runs Twitter for Lochee threatening some other guy on the forum not to come to Lochee or else.

I think Joey thinking Bonnyrigg was a guy was one of the best bits of this experience tbh.

Roey isn't a yank.....

Factor that in and he knows the Juniors.

If you check p+bs 'head gone' thread in Gen Nonsense, half the posts are re Juniors.

Or Clyde fans. Lol

Great times a year or two ago with two Clyde fans arranging a square go and one not turning up, tho listing he was there 'live'.

• Like 1

Clyde fans, plural? That's a shock. *looks innocently at the admin team*

Lol. It was a shame shawfieldshedboy got banned the other week. His rant at me over him getting done by buying trainers online was great. Think it in Gold threads.

All he did for ban was using the phrase 'half caste'.....

Ludicrous.

I'm really hoping Klopp (and Liverpool by extension) is going to win it. Somehow I have a feeling he would be losing to Bayern again, but will defeat Real.

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'm really hoping Klopp (and Liverpool by extension) is going to win it. Somehow I have a feeling he would be losing to Bayern again, but will defeat Real.

Bunch of Bin dippers.

The ConIFA World Cup gets underway in London on 31st May.  The tournament is made up of teams not affiliated with FIFA.  

Northern Cyprus vs Tibet at Enfield's ground looks like the pick of the ties.  However I'm rooting for Tuvalu, a nation made up of such narrow atolls that there is only room in the country for one, not entirely flat, football pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Koreans who bide in Japan gotta be worth following.

Lolololololol Stevie G has gone full hun. Nobody should go full hun.

Brogues in time for marching season :D

DcXJ3P-XUAUzqTh.thumb.jpg.8d0d5641fe4a0c

DcXKusuXkAAlbU-.thumb.jpg.7ab6fa2cd9a5e1