mattd007

Dick Clark

Dick Clark

Dick Clark suffers stroke. Possible he may drop the ball on new years for the last time this year.

Guest P

HOPE DICK CLARK GETS WELL FAST.hE IS OUR ICON.

Dick Clark suffers stroke. Possible he may drop the ball on new years for the last time

Oh, no. What a shame it would be if Americans had their balls drop without any Dick there.

• Haha 1

Here's an article on the subject which DOESN'T require you to log in to AOL!:

Stroke Dick

Dick Clark suffers stroke. Possible he may drop the ball on new years for the last time

Oh, no. What a shame it would be if Americans had their balls drop without any Dick there.

Looks like Dick Clark will not be in Times Square, New York City to drop the ball on New Years Eve this year. They have decided to use talk show host "Regis Philbin" as a substitute.

Ailing Clark Pulls Out Of New Years Eve Show

Regis to host 'New Year's Rockin' Eve

So Dick Clark didn't make the list for 2005? hummmm

Just because a person has a stroke, doesnt mean they're doomed, a person dick's age can have a good 10 years left after a stroke. However, he also has another risk factor - diabetes. So, my guess is that Dick Clark will make it to 78 or 79, give or take a year or two.

You are correct! A stroke doesn't doom a person... Dick's diabetes and age are serious factors... the red flag is raised because Dick spent 3-4 weeks in intensive care for a "mild" stroke. I stand by my unoffical pre-dick-ion that Dick and his balls will hit six feet under in 2005! :shoot2:

The way I look at it, the 3-4 weeks in the hospital, if anything, they probably increased his chances of surviving a few more years. Think about it, they were obviously doing some heavy duty testing while he was there, and he is probably now taking alot of extra measures to prevent another stroke from occuring. People who just spend a few days in the hospital after a stroke probably arent doing much to prevent another stroke. For all you know, he could have had brain surgery done in there to prevent any further strokes.

Are you Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine or Dr. Howard???? :o

Doogie Howser.... that was a good show, I can't seem to find any reruns airing though. Anyway, I'm no doctor, just trying to prove a point.

Guest skip

hahahahah "American Icon"? Sweatshop-like conditions at his restaurants don't really add up to "American Icon" in my eyes.

Just heard on the television set over there (watch me pointing at it) that Mr.Clark has been released from the hospital. Hard to say how he really is especially considering that the folks say it was a "minor" stroke but he was hospitalized for 7 weeks. That's a long time for minor.

Round here people get several years for stroking a minor (as opposed to a miner, where you may get money)

Just heard on the television set over there (watch me pointing at it) that Mr.Clark has been released from the hospital.  Hard to say how he really is especially considering that the folks say it was a "minor" stroke but he was hospitalized for 7 weeks.  That's a long time for minor.

Michael Jackson may well do more than 7 weeks for minors.

edit: bum-holes. Josco beat me to it.

Guest berkiebaby

He is in much worst condition than his pr guy is admitting. He can hardly make sense when speaking. Dickie boy's career is finished.

He can hardly make sense when speaking.  Dickie boy's career is finished.

Doesn't seem to have done Dubya's career any harm :dead:

I love how this thread is so full of Dick jokes it almost seems setup, it's amazing.

I love how this thread is so full of Dick jokes it almost seems setup, it's amazing.

I must have posted the Dick Cheney picture in the wrong thread :dead:

I must have posted the Dick Cheney picture in the wrong thread :dead:

It's too bad Dick is so sick right now...

But thankfully Dick won't be up in our asses on eight hundred different television shows and a million other infomercials that no one notices.

Good thing Dick's become gimp now.

:lol:

He is in much worst condition than his pr guy is admitting. He can hardly make sense when speaking. Dickie boy's career is finished.

I haven't heard anything on Clark's condition recently. I assume he is about the same?

Guest Guest
He is in much worst condition than his pr guy is admitting.  He can hardly make sense when speaking.  Dickie boy's career is finished.

I haven't heard anything on Clark's condition recently. I assume he is about the same?

Actually Clark said in a statement today that he will return this year as host of New Year's Rockin Eve w/ Ryan Seacrest as co-host. His spokesperson has declined to eleaborate on his health, but says he is "now walking and talking normally and living a normal life".

Guest Marty

I saw Dick Clark on TV last night (New Years Eve) He looked terrible! He sounded terrible!

Wake up Dick! You have had a stroke, you have made many enimies in Hollywood by your arogance! And Did I mention YOU LOOK TERRIBLE!

Time for a big change on New Years Eve.

Dick.....IT IS OVER DUMMY!

Why don't you and Kirk Douglas make a movie about stroke victims and play your selves?

;)<_<;):dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Retire Dick! I will change the channel if you ever come on again in the shape you are in!