Estuarian Float

Reality TV

I think almost all network reality shows have on set medical people but they usually don't provide psychiatric help once the show is over.Given the circumstances of this season and some of the questionable casting they have to take all precautions even for self serving PR reasons to try and prevent certain people offing themselves.

• Like 1

Valerie Harper Despite being given 3 months to live in March she will now be on the upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars in September.

F F S...

And to think I moved out Annette Funicello from my Rotten.com team for cancer dancer...

Makes ME sick...

In some ways Dancing With The Stars/Strictly Come Dancing have a lot in common with the Deathlist. A group of celebrities from all walks of life are selected, we make judgements on their performance and they are eliminated one by one.

Can we now get Len Goodmen to make predictions on their destination in the afterlife.............

......... HEAVEN !

Guest Lonnie

Reality tv is worse then pond scum.  Nuke em all if you ask good ole Lonnie.

Andy Herren has become the fourth BB US 15 contestant to lose their job over their behavior on the show's live 24/7 Internet feeds.

http://touch.towleroad.com/tlrd/#!/entry/gay-houseguest-andy-herren-removed-from-college-teaching-job-over,52372ed22ce9351e049e4517/3

All four of these contestants are still sequestered from the outside world and are still unaware they've been fired from their real-life jobs. That is, until tomorrow night after the live final episode airs and the winner is crowned. 3 of the 4 firees are actually the 3 that are still left in the game. It will be interesting to see how they react... I certainly hope none of them go and kill themselves over it.

"Come Dine with Me's greatest-ever contestant" kills herself aged 38. And no, CDWM isn't "better" than other reality shows just because it focuses on a middle-class activity.

Apparently the girl had also appeared on Club Reps and Blind Date. The wonders of the fame-hungry.

"Come Dine with Me's greatest-ever contestant" kills herself aged 38. And no, CDWM isn't "better" than other reality shows just because it focuses on a middle-class activity.

Apparently the girl had also appeared on Club Reps and Blind Date. The wonders of the fame-hungry.

Well, it takes all sorts because I'd rather kill myself than appear on reality TV.

• Like 1

Well, it takes all sorts because I'd rather kill myself than appear on reality TV.

I kinda like CDWM purely because of the commentary by Dave Lamb, a style that has been copied to death in a piss poor fashion.

Reality TV is the refuge for the wannabes who want fame without having to work for it, ya know, circumvent due process or summat.

Anybody watch that "Embarrassing Bodies" cobblers?

Fucking shocking stuff, there was a woman on it who had breasts the size of prized marrows, I had to watch it several times to believe what i was seeing.

I was off for a week afterwards with a broken fuggin wrist!

I love Embarrassing Bodies. I'm not allowed to watch it though, unless I go upstairs, because it makes Himself vomit. I especially love the fat ones, and the cheesy cock/smeggy fanny ones. I think Dr Christian is quite cool, at the same time as being a bit of a twat. I love how people have these conditions for years and years, but are too embarrassed to see their GP, but then are quite OK with flopping their flaps out on national telly. Bizarre.

Whilst on the subject of Reality TV I had the misfortune to see about 1/2 hour of Geordie Shore (I was at my sister-in-laws). Is this a real reflection of the denizens of Newcastle?

If it is then I would suggest "We take off and nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

Guest Kel

Does this count as  near death news?  According to the reputable newspaper Daily Mail,  DJ Pauly D of Jersey Shore fame urged his baby momma to have an abortion while she was pregnant.

Very surprised to learn this... Vh1 reality star Ahmad Givens has stage IV colon cancer. He first appeared alongside his brother Kamal in the comedic Bachelor-style dating show 'I Love New York'. Vh1 then gave Ahmad and Kamal two seasons of their own spin-off dating show called 'Real Chance of Love'. (This is the same chain of half-reality dating shows that spawned 'Megan wants a Millionaire' featuring apparent killer Ryan Jenkins.)

http://www.tmz.com/2...cer-stage-four/

ahmad-e2809creale2809d-givens-chemotherapy-cancer.jpg

Stage IV cancer no excuse for not hitting the weights.

UPDATE: Jen Arnold's cancer is stage 3 uterine. Shes having a hysterectomy.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/11/dr-jennifer-arnold-uterine-cancer-choriocarcinoma-hysterectomy-adopting-daughter/

So... Captain Chorizo! What does the reality tv thread have to offer to this year's DDP?

-Jen Arnold (Stage 3 Uterine Cancer)*

-Ahmad Givens (Stage 4 Colon Cancer, though he seems to be taking good care of himself)*

-Joanne Borgella (Cancer)**

-GinaMarie Zimmerman (Embarrassment? Seems to be resilient though)+

-Andy Herren (Word is he's become a chronic drinker since winning BB. Which brings up...)+

-Todd Herzog (Is currently in rehab for severe alcoholism)+

-Uncle Poodle (HIV)**

-Puck Rainey (Still getting into trouble)+

-Jerry MacDonald from Big Brother (long rumored to be ill)**

-Rudy Boesch (Is now 85, seems he can go longer but you never know)+

+ = obit guaranteed

* = obit questionable

** = obit very questionable

I have no idea how likely or not her chances are of dying next year,but Jen Arnold would almost certainly get a Daily Mail Obit. Uncle Poodle probably would also scrape a Daily Mail obit but I think he could live many years now cause of the advancements in fighting HIV. The Big Brother people seem to be doing ok but it's usually years later once the support system and friendships from the show fade that they might be viable options for a deathpool. The best bet's for 2014 for reality show people who most likely will die and get the requisite obit imo are Rudy Boesch just cause of his age,Jael Strauss from Americas Next Top Model who is now a huge meth addict and Celebrity Rehab cast members like Shifty Shellshock,Chyna,Leif Garrett and Steven Adler . Jerry,Joanna and Ahmad seem like good bets to die next year but I would be shocked if any would yield points.

Not familiar with any UK reality shows but I know Jackie Stallone who is in her 90s had a heart attack early in the year and was on Celeb BB UK so I think that's another decent prospect for DDP.

Ahmad's kind of a toss up. He seems to have good health habits and a strong will to live which makes me think he'll beat it, though he may have already reached the point of no return having waited this long. He does look pretty healthy up in that picture, but I guess looks can deceive when youre young with cancer. Here's how Jenn Lyon looked a week before she died of cancer...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/zigmeisterxiv/P7290059_73.jpg

Ps... Something unrelated. Survivor: Australia's Michael Skupin has fallen over into a pot of hot water....

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24199216/survivor-star-mike-skupin-lands-in-the-hall-of-shame

Givens is going in for some kind of operation around December 19th or so, so he's still at the point where they think it's worth trying to operate. Annoyingly, confirmation of success/fail won't come through until our teams are sent off.

I believe she had some kind of problems with bulimia in the past. Starting to think I should have put her on my 45 and under team.