Jump to content


- - - - -

Missing Persons Bureau Long Time No See


41 replies to this topic

#1 zebedee

    Hatchet man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

Being a fan of "The Doors" for a long time i have always wondered whether lead singer Jim Morrison really did expire in a bath in a Paris apartment in 1971.
With conspiracy theories abound did he really fake his own death? Is he living a quiet life on a Kibbutz or the only white man amongst natives deep in the Amazonian jungle?
As ive pondered such hugely important issues ive also considered whether Lord Lucan really did escape justice or became part of the foundations to a housing estate in the South of England ( according to rumour).
Is Shergar alive and well and pulling a rag and bone cart around Dublin?
Did Hitler escape the bunker and flee to Paraguay?
Any thoughts?
If Typhoo put the tea into Britain who put the C*** into Scunthorpe?

#2 Phantom

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

Jim Morrison was always a fan of the poet Arthur Rimbaud and had often suggested that he would just vanish. Rimbaud faked his own death then turned up years later in Africa.

Hitler could have quite possibly escaped, there were no remains found so maybe he did escape. Although he's most likely to be dead by now

Lucan I'm pretty sure is still alive somewhere if he didn't commit suicide.

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes


DDP 2014 4/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th


#3 Canadian Paul

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

The only two that intruige me much are Alois Brunner and Aribert Heim, listed here as possible living Nazis. Most people generally acknowledge that Heim is still around, but Brunner is a subject of contention. I'm not sure what to think honestly, though I believe there was a thread to discuss the possibility that he was still alive somewhere though.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#4 M Busby Airlines

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:27 AM

View PostPhantom, on Feb 28 2006, 10:11 PM, said:

Jim Morrison was always a fan of the poet Arthur Rimbaud and had often suggested that he would just vanish. Rimbaud faked his own death then turned up years later in Africa.

Hitler could have quite possibly escaped, there were no remains found so maybe he did escape. Although he's most likely to be dead by now

Lucan I'm pretty sure is still alive somewhere if he didn't commit suicide.

Was chief bridesmaid at Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presleys wedding in 1994, - lie !

But he was there 10 years earlier, in Puerta Plata so they say.

#5 TLC

    Assassin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

I'm still waiting for Robert Maxwell to make his return 15 years post burial. He'd have done it by now if he wasn't still so universally hated all this time later.

And just because a body was found it doesn't mean anything; after 7 hours in the sea, most people would look like him to some extent...

:)
'I know a man named Hank,
he has more rhymes than a serious bank'

#6 Lady Die

    I have no life

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

View PostTLC, on Mar 1 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for Robert Maxwell to make his return 15 years post burial. He'd have done it by now if he wasn't still so universally hated all this time later.

And just because a body was found it doesn't mean anything; after 7 hours in the sea, most people would look like him to some extent...

:)
The "body" was probably a dead whale.
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#7 Anubis the Jackal

    Twunt Master

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

View PostCanadian Paul, on Feb 28 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

The only two that intruige me much are Alois Brunner and Aribert Heim, listed here as possible living Nazis. Most people generally acknowledge that Heim is still around, but Brunner is a subject of contention. I'm not sure what to think honestly, though I believe there was a thread to discuss the possibility that he was still alive somewhere though.


The thread is here.
I'm suprised you didn't exhume it days ago.
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#8 Canadian Paul

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Mar 2 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

View PostCanadian Paul, on Feb 28 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

The only two that intruige me much are Alois Brunner and Aribert Heim, listed here as possible living Nazis. Most people generally acknowledge that Heim is still around, but Brunner is a subject of contention. I'm not sure what to think honestly, though I believe there was a thread to discuss the possibility that he was still alive somewhere though.


The thread is here.
I'm suprised you didn't exhume it days ago.

I've had three full meals today for the first time since probably summer. You can't angry up my blood today! :angry:
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#9 BrunoBrimley

    I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

How about today?

#10 Canadian Paul

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

View PostBrunoBrimley, on Mar 14 2006, 02:31 AM, said:

How about today?

Actually, I'm fasting for bloodwork, so it's quite possible today. Though act quick, since I'll have eaten by the next time I'm on these forums! :lol:
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#11 Harvester Of Souls

    Assassin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

View PostTLC, on Mar 1 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for Robert Maxwell to make his return 15 years post burial. He'd have done it by now if he wasn't still so universally hated all this time later.

Posted Image

Necrophilia. The Unrivaled Feeling Of Cracking Open A Cold One.

#12 M Busby Airlines

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

View PostPhantom, on Mar 14 2006, 09:07 PM, said:

ermmm I don't know much about Patrick McDermott

Cant find anything at all about him but I mailed this site to see if he did.

Olivia Newton-John.

#13 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

Patrick McDermott is still alive, but he won't live much longer if ONJ gets her hands on him.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#14 Cerberus

    Executioner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

Harold Holt, Australian PM in the sixties, went for a swim one day and was never seen again. He could have done a Stonehouse, though I think we'd have heard about it by now.
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#15 Dr Hackenslash

    Assassin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:43 AM

Andy Kaufman should be reappearing soon...

Would anyone pull such a stunt, I wonder - I half expect to see Eddie Guerrero turn up at his (posthumous) Hall of Fame induction in the WWE at Wrestlemania.

#16 DevonDeathTrip

    Tractor Eater

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

View PostCerberus, on Mar 15 2006, 12:48 AM, said:

Harold Holt, Australian PM in the sixties, went for a swim one day and was never seen again. He could have done a Stonehouse, though I think we'd have heard about it by now.


Yes - there were a few far fetched theories at the time that he might have swum out to be collected by a Chinese submarine. Rather unlikely I would have thought.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#17 Phantom

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

I can think of a few reasons to fake your own death in order to avoid Olivia Newton John LOL :P

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes


DDP 2014 4/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th


#18 Banshees Scream

    Dwarf tosser

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

View PostDr Hackenslash, on Mar 15 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

Andy Kaufman should be reappearing soon...

Would anyone pull such a stunt, I wonder - I half expect to see Eddie Guerrero turn up at his (posthumous) Hall of Fame induction in the WWE at Wrestlemania.

A stunt such as this would really hit the big time if it actually were a stunt. Although for him to keep an act like this on for nearly 22 years, It just looses it's comedy especialy if he were to reappear.

With the odds - Eddie Guerrero has a better chance to appear but after watching Chavo Guerrero's interview
regarding Eddie's death as well as Dean Malinko's interview i'd have to say if they were lying they are
dreadfully good actors. :P

#19 DevonDeathTrip

    Tractor Eater

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

I have a friend who swears blind they say the missing Manic Street Preacher Ritchie Edwards in Nepal in 1996. He had grown a large beard.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#20 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

We should have a thread dedicated to those who really are missing. Are they still breathing?

I'll start off with a couple

Richie Edwards

Licorice McKechnie (hippie chick, member of the Incredible String Band for a while)

Lord Lucan

I'd guess the first two dead and the oldster still breathing.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users