Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Im really surprised that Betty Ford beat Lady Bird to the list, She's my pick for 2006 for sure if she's not gone by then.

HCW - I agree, it is very early for this thread, but the problem was that the 2005 thread was still being used, so, what to do?

Perhaps everyone can ignore this thread until after the summer?

DWB :lol:

Point taken, How about starting up a near miss thread for 2005?

Point taken, How about starting up a near miss thread for 2005?

I agree with that one. We need a near miss thread for 2005. So far we have had two notable deaths this year. Former Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm and science fiction illustrator Kelly Freas

Point taken,  How about starting up a near miss thread for 2005?

I agree with that one. We need a near miss thread for 2005. So far we have had two notable deaths this year. Former Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm and science fiction illustrator Kelly Freas

Dont Forget Cyril Fletcher :lol:

Saddam Hussein has got to be a good bet for next year. The Iraqi elections will be at the end of Jan, a long trial later in the year followed by execution in 2006. Does that timeframe sound plausible?

If fate is going to hand them on a plate to you, you gotta grab 'em.

Don't think its against the rules though ...

Probably because it's never occured before, I think a rule reguarding that should be added.

It would only be cheating if on the 31st of december 2005 the trial had already taken place and Saddam had been sentenced to death but the execution had not actually taken place.

If at the end of the year the trial had not taken place or was still in progress then choosing Saddam could not be considered cheating as there is no guarantee that he will definitely be executed or that it would definitely happen in 2006. You have to take into account the likelyhood of lengthy appeals etc.

Does that sound right?

Probably because it's never occured before, I think a rule reguarding that should be added.

I definitely agree with that. We need some clarification on this issue. GR, can someone on deathrow be included in the deathlist?

In the words of Mrs. Merton "Let's have a heated debate!"

He could also, of course, end up being cleared of all charges.

:shoot2:

After the groans from the DL forum for not predicting Harold Shipman topping himself, my I put forward another murdering doctor (allegedly) for consideration. Although Dr Howard Martin is not as prolific as Shippers (it would seem), if convicted I could see this 70 year old trying to buy a one-way ticket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4145231.stm

The trial and jailing could take over a year, so I think we should see how this pans-out.

DWB :shoot2:

If he intends going for cold, he may likely do so before he gets into the clink, since he is currently out on bail, and as a doctor probably still has better access to pharmaceuticals than he would have behind bars. Assuming he would choose the same method for himself as for his alleged victims.

Reminds me of Dr Jack Kavorkian, but at least he was honest about what he was doing :shoot2::P

Guest dimpeepers

i had a dream last night.... i was a fox and i was being chased by hounds and a shadowy figure on horseback around the grounds of sandringham house. They cornered me against a black over claret stretched bentley where i promptly jumped upon the bonnet to escape the slavering chops of the hounds :o , (i happened to notice the tax disc which had an expiry date of jan 2007)

i whipped around like a whirling dervish brandishing my ak47, no self respecting fox leaves home without one!, and let fly!!! RATTTTAAAATTTTAAAATTTAT!!!

(Needless to say i didnt aim for the dogs, wouldnt want to upset the animal rights lobby.)

The shadowy figure slumped to the ground in a shower of blood and the hounds scarpered.

I went over to investigate and lo and behold if it isnt His Royal Highness Prince Phillip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg-Mountbatten-Windsor of Greece and Denmark, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Grenwich and Prince consort to Her most excellent majesty Elizabeth the Second by the grace of god of the united kingdom of grrrrreat britain and northern ireland and her other realms and territories(Australia, New Zealand Canada) Queen, Head of the commonwealth of nations (54) and defender of the faith.

Oops! :P I woke up then with the dog licking my face. yuk! I think thats an omen for 2006, or maybe the just the cheese on toast i had for tea?

Thatchers - Kill One Get One Free!!!

How about Mark Thatcher, executed in Equatorial Guinea for his part in the coup attempt....

Come to think of it, the wicked witch of Westminster goes out to plead his case. Fails and throws herself on his funeral pyre and finally reaches the realm of the dead, rather than that shadowy undead world of the Tory Party?

:o (looks a bit like the dear lady herself I think....)

:P (and don't ask why Mark's head is banging against a wall on his last night in the cells)

Having just checked CNN I suggest we keep an eye on:

Edgar Ray Killen

Who's just been arrested for the 'Mississippi Burning' civil rights murders in 1964. (nothing like swift justice eh?)...

Nothing like the prospective execution of an evil white supremacist to warm the cockles of your heart.

If you want to check out the delightful gentleman have a gander at:

Ku F**ked Klansman

Mind you with his love of diversity sharing a cell with Black and Hispanic fellow inmates may be even better justice - perhaps we can lend the US the prison officers that were manning Fred West's and Dr Harold Shipmans' suicide watch...

Having just checked CNN I suggest we keep an eye on:

Edgar Ray Killen

Who's just been arrested for the 'Mississippi Burning' civil rights murders in 1964. (nothing like swift justice eh?)...

Nothing like the prospective execution of an evil white supremacist to warm the cockles of your heart.

Edgar Ray Killen is already 80 years old, and it will probably take a year or two for his trial process to be completed. Now if he is convicted and given the death penalty, it will probably be another 10 years before he would have exhausted all of his appeals.

So if he were to be executed, it would be at the ripe old age of 92, if he does not die in prison before then. :blink: