Davey Jones' Locker

Which 2014 Dl Candidate Would You Like To Meet?

Copied over from the Terry Pratchett thread. If you could meet one candidate from this year's DL, who would it be?

Terry Pratchett is the only person on the 2014 Deathlist that I have actually met. I went to a couple of signing sessions he did in the late eighties, early nineties he always tried to interact with his fans and was very patient, came across as a nice guy. Most of the Discworld books my wife has are signed but now you can only get signed copies through a particular website.

This is one hit for the list I don't want.

well the way things are going you're probably going to have many more years to meet them all ..

For a guest post that was quite funny.

If I had to pick one I would want to meet it would be Christopher Lee.

This could be a good thread all of its own. Out of this year's lot, I wouldn't mind meeting ol' Charlie Aznavour.

"Which 2014 DL Candidate Would You Like To Meet?" :banghead:

Edited by Magere Hein
Fixed
  • Like 1

Christopher Lee with Kirk Douglas coming a close second. Conversely Brady is the one I would least like to meet! naturally

• Like 1

OH that's a tough one...for me it would be either Castro or the Duke of Edinburgh, simply because I think they are the most interesting. If I met Steven Hawking I don't think I'd understand anything he'd say. The one I'd least like to meet is Graham as I believe he to be the most boring. Brady, the most evil, would be another I could not meet.

• Like 1

I've been in the general vicinity of Randi (when he was doing a debunking presentation/show) and actually met Wilko Johnson a couple of times (top bloke). Of the others, just for the sheer morbid fascination, I'd say Brady, through I'd probably feel tainted for days afterwards.

I've been in the general vicinity of Randi (when he was doing a debunking presentation/show) and actually met Wilko Johnson a couple of times (top bloke). Of the others, just for the sheer morbid fascination, I'd say Brady, through I'd probably feel tainted for days afterwards.

While we're in that vicinity, although he's not on the list (yet........) there's a part of me that would love to meet Sutcliffe. I reckon the roly-poly old bastard would be a barrel of laughs even if most of them were only unintentional. I get this feeling he's one of those people who takes a while to realise you're laughing at him not with him.

And yeah you would probably feel gross on your way out, and for a good while afterwards.

Probably Helmut Schmidt, then Stephen Hawking.

• Like 1

Chris Woodhead, ex school inspector, definitely the biggest celebrity on this list!

• Like 2

Billy G

With a pillow in my cold, grey hands :)

Patrick McKnee because John Steed was one of my first crushes.

• Like 1

Patrick McKnee because John Steed was one of my first crushes.

He might finally have found his nude tennis partner in you!
  • Like 2

Either of the Lee's, Stan or Christopher. I'll be getting a chance to meet one, next year, at the Seattle comicon.

I would love to go out on the piss with Prince Philip that would be a laugh.Maybe we should do a Deathlist reunion and invite all the candidates from previous years back?That would be interesting.

Hmmm probably Sid Caesar. But if you want one that's still alive, probably Kirk Douglas. Also, going in a bit of a different direction, but I have written letters to George Bush, Sr., Charles Aznavour, Dick Van Dyke, and Ed Asner. I have received autographed pictures from all of them.

• Like 1