Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest Guest

Kimuras death means that there are no more men alive who were born in the 19th century or Victorian era.The world's oldest man is now the ridiculously youthful James McCoubrey (from t he USA) who's only 111 .He's the 32nd oldest person in the world so it's going to be a long time before the worlds oldest person is a man again!

Fascinating. I am still cheering on Grace Jones to be the last 19th Century person standing, since, as an Englishwoman, she was an actual subject of Queen Vic's. Given she was born right on the cusp of the twentieth century (7 Dec 1899), making her the youngest of the survivors, she stands as good a chance as any of them anyway.

some people think the 19th century didn't start till 1901.I'm one of t hose people like you who thinks it started in 1900

some people think the 19th century didn't start till 1901.I'm one of t hose people like you who thinks it started in 1900

I don't even know why i'm replying to this, but the 19th century started in 1801 :banghead:

I did not edit this :/

• Like 1

Say hello to your new world's oldest person, Misao Okawa:

worlds-oldest-woman-misao-okawa.jpg

She only needs to last another 26 days to become one of the 20 oldest people ever.

Say hello to your new world's oldest person, Misao Okawa:

worlds-oldest-woman-misao-okawa.jpg

She only needs to last another 26 days to become one of the 20 oldest people ever.

Stop Press: British Govt have just declared her fit to work!

I don't even know why i'm replying to this, but the 19th century started in 18001 :banghead:

This is why we should refer to them as the last Victorians...born before 22 January 1901.

• Like 1

Grand 116.

So the last person from the nineteenth century, eh? That's it?

The last person from the nineteenth that we will believe to have been born in that period

Guest Guest

I don't even know why i'm replying to this, but the 19th century started in 1801 :banghead:

I did not edit this :/

was just trying to test you all.well spotted!

Guest Guest

Grand 116.

The last person from the nineteenth that we will believe to have been born in that period

no he was the last man we know of who was born in the 19th century.,Assuming the 19th century ended in 1900 there are 19 women left alive.If you assume the 19th century ended in 1899 (like I do) there are 9 left,and the last one born in it would be Maggie Jones from the UK. http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTMj

Grand 116.

no he was the last man we know of who was born in the 19th century.,Assuming the 19th century ended in 1900 there are 19 women left alive.If you assume the 19th century ended in 1899 (like I do) there are 9 left,and the last one born in it would be Maggie Jones from the UK. http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTMj

There's also a user-friendly guide on the DDP: A theme team called "The Pussy Perishes Last." A fairly blatant attempt to see if I can pull off a DDP first and deliver twenty deaths on one team inside a year. Points-wise they're a disaster; practically worthless and compiounded by the lack of obit-worthiness in the line up. Then again; if some helpful newspaper wrote up a name-checking article about the last 19th century survivors...

Guest Guest

Down to just 8 people born in the 19th century then.Down from 11 in just a week! They'll all be dead in 3 weeks at this rate!

Japan's second oldest person Mitsue Nagasaki has passed away (1899-2013).

http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/News/Tn201306180001.html

That takes Grace Jones up to 8th in the World's Oldest and now only 19 'Victorians' left.

My money is on Ethel Lang to be the very last Victorian, the youngest Brit in the race,

although Opal Thompson of the US is the youngest on the list, so she could be the one to watch.

But what am I rambling on about.................?

This is Death List of course..... your watching out for anyone with a slim chance of keeling.......right?....

Guest Guest

Actually I think I got him mixed up with Manuel D'Oliviera who is the oldest film director still active.Morayta was the oldest living former film director though

Guest Adrian Stanley

The first validated supercentenarian case on record is generally accepted to be Geert Adriaans Boomgaard http://en.wikipedia....iaans_Boomgaard who lived from 21st September 1788 to 3rd February 1899. The current world's oldest person, Misao Okawa (born 5th March 1898), is the last remaining person who overlapped with him. So, for a short while at least, we can say that there is someone living who was alive at the same time as someone who was a veteran of the Napoleonic Wars and who was born before the French Revolution or, if you prefer, who was born before George Washington became US president. That's a span of 225 years!

Hey Adrian

I love trivia like that. Why don't you consider joining Death List as a member?

• Like 5

Guest Adrian Stanley

Davey Jones' Locker, Thanks for the encouragement. I doubt if I would post enough here to make it worthwhile but I'll think about it. In the meantime I will just point out that Misao Okawa could say (in Japanese, of course), "When I was born there was a man living who could have met Mozart!" (died 1791).