Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

Well that would make sense, but even with it being 5-4 in favour of judges appointed by Republican Presidents. It was 6-3 in favour of Obama for the Affordable Health Care act, The only ones opposing were Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.

And Anthony Kennedy favouring the liberal side of passing same-sex marriage, despite Kennedy being nominated and appointed by George W. Bush.

Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Roberts being those opposing.

So with Kennedy being one that's more liberal, even though on paper it's 4-4 in reality it is 5-3 in favour of Obama.

US Supreme Court Justices are an fascinating bunch. As soon as you think you are 100% sure you know them, you don't. Lifetime appointments to direct tge ship of state. A fairly broad Constitutional directive. Perfect job.

Well that would make sense, but even with it being 5-4 in favour of judges appointed by Republican Presidents. It was 6-3 in favour of Obama for the Affordable Health Care act, The only ones opposing were Scalia, Thomas, and Alito.

And Anthony Kennedy favouring the liberal side of passing same-sex marriage, despite Kennedy being nominated and appointed by George W. Bush.

So with Kennedy being one that's more liberal, even though on paper it's 4-4 in reality it is 5-3 in favour of Obama.

US Supreme Court Justices are an fascinating bunch. As soon as you think you are 100% sure you know them, you don't. Lifetime appointments to direct tge ship of state. A fairly broad Constitutional directive. Perfect job.

There's some controvery brewing about how Scalia was able to pay for these lavish hunting trips. Certainly he was on a nice salary, but there's speculation that he accepted quite a few bribes to use his influence within the Supreme Court. There's always a chance that others have done that, and could be still doing it.

There's some controvery brewing about how Scalia was able to pay for these lavish hunting trips. Certainly he was on a nice salary, but there's speculation that he accepted quite a few bribes to use his influence within the Supreme Court. There's always a chance that others have done that, and could be still doing it.

Duh.

Duh.

What do you mean "Duh"? I'm not disputing what you said. I'm just commenting on what is possibly coming to light at the moment. Scalia allegedly was infuential in Poindexter winning a case regarding age discrimination.

I mean "duh" that anyone in the US government, including a federal judge, would ever, ever, ever sell their soul. Couldn't happen nuh uh.

Basically, I was being a cynically sarcastic bitch.

• Like 5

I mean "duh" that anyone in the US government, including a federal judge, would ever, ever, ever sell their soul. Couldn't happen nuh uh.

I presume by the regular use of the syllable 'uh'.. that you're American. Huh uh yuh ?

Guess who's drunk? I mean raelly really drunk?

• Like 1

Hmmmm....

Guess who's drunk? I mean raelly really drunk?

Me, tonight.

• Like 2

I presume by the regular use of the syllable 'uh'.. that you're American. Huh uh yuh ?

Texan.

• Like 3

Texan.

Howdy doody ! Thought so. Am all hat & no cattle me.

^_^

And the DL winner for posting the most useless pile of bollocks in their ouvre?

football_fan has 2617 posts, and an almost impossible paucity of 2 'likes'.
Also placing a bar of ineptitude and dislike as high as he can, Canadian Paul has over 4100 posts, and only 4 likes, which gives football_fan a fighting chance.
SirC

Edit: of course should one of the aforementioned come here and say 'fuck off Creep' they'll prolly get a couple 'likes' and off the schnide.

Also placing a bar of ineptitude and dislike as high as he can, Canadian Paul has over 4100 posts, and only 4 likes, which gives football_fan a fighting chance.

SirC

they were around before likes so they are automatically going to get less likes.
  • Like 1

The Like system is fairly new. I know when I check old threads for a bit of data, I sometimes find posts that made me laugh but which were before the like system came into place. Canadian Paul would probably have a million likes these days, as he used to update a massive thread of DDP friendly corpses to be*, and ran the Canadian dead pool. The latter is way before I posted here, but longer time members have spoken fondly of it.

*I've since looked up the original Octopus of Odstock/Canadian Paul list - I believe over 60% of a 200-300 name list were dead within 2-3 years.

• Like 2

SirC

Edit: of course should one of the aforementioned come here and say 'fuck off Creep' they'll prolly get a couple 'likes' and off the schnide.

Well they probably wont but I will.

You are, without a shadow of a doubt, a complete and utter tool.

Fuck off Cunt Creep.

• Like 3

SirC

I genuinely didn't think you were as stupid as this.

• Like 3

SirC

aren't there users with no likes at all. In fact notaguest has zero likes and is banned surely he would have been the worst poster by that logic.

SirC

aren't there users with no likes at all. In fact notaguest has zero likes and is banned surely he would have been the worst poster by that logic.

Why is this even an issue? If I remember correctly, years ago (I've only been on here 10 years) not many people would "like" posts.

It's only in the past couple of years that more people have been doing that.

So now days if you don't get that many "likes" then it could just be the policy of the posts you make.

SirC

I did.

• Like 7

I'm tempted to "like" as many of other people's posts except SC's posts. Just for S&Gs

• Like 5

For fuck's sake. When my kid was about 16 she would go on like 'oh my god mum my insta photo got 47 likes'. WHO THE FUCK CARES?

• Like 2

For fuck's sake. When my kid was about 16 she would go on like 'oh my god mum my insta photo got 47 likes'. WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Sir Creep cares. Why the fuck he cares is anybody's guess, but given his history (such that it is) is anyone surprised he cares?

• Like 1