Guest pip chapman pincher

Chapman Pincher

Yeah, but I can't imagine his hospitalisation will be accompanied by rolling 24-hour news coverage and a Guardian liveblog.

No but even the suggestion managed to generate 4 (sorry 5) posts.

Yeah, but I can't imagine his hospitalisation will be accompanied by rolling 24-hour news coverage and a Guardian liveblog.

Unless perhaps he pisses off the Russians?

Pops up today in the i paper saying how he is still working on new books at 98.

I think my post in 2nd Death of 2013 will be a dud.

The statistics in the article may grim reading for Deathlisters especially for those people who just pick the old.

Pops up today in the i paper saying how he is still working on new books at 98.

I think my post in 2nd Death of 2013 will be a dud.

The statistics in the article may grim reading for Deathlisters especially for those people who just pick the old.

Sprightly old bugger from the sound of it, could well be another Niemeyer...

Interview in the Independent. Reveals his name is actually Harry!

Chapman Pincher's real name is Harry: "When I joined the Express they said, 'We like pretentious names here, what's your middle name?'. I said 'Chapman', he said 'That'll do' and I've been stuck with it ever since."

Pincher was an interviewee in the BBC documentary "Rupert Murdoch - Battle with Britain" on BBC2 last night. For those in the UK, you can check it out on iPlayer. For those outside the UK, you'll either have to find some sort of dodgy proxy-type tool to view it, or close your eyes and imagine a nearly 100 year old white man who still seems to have most of his marbles clutching a walking stick and reminiscing in a distinctive accent about Rupert Murdoch's early days in the British press industry in the late 1960s.

He appeared on a documentary on BBC4 last night about Kim Phiby, he seems very sharp and lucid still.

Seems to be doing okay in

, reciting 'Invictus' from memory.

100 tomorrow! Interviewed on BBC News and seemed lively enough to pass for 20 years younger.

100 tomorrow! Interviewed on BBC News and seemed lively enough to pass for 20 years younger.

Yeah right........ usually when people say that about 100 year olds they drop dead the next week. I seem to remember he had a walking stick in his hand when I saw him on TV last year so he can't be doing that good.

Yeah right........ usually when people say that about 100 year olds they drop dead the next week. I seem to remember he had a walking stick in his hand when I saw him on TV last year so he can't be doing that good.

Huh! I always take a walking stick when out with the dogs. Doesn't mean I've got the proverbial foot in the grave. You'd be surprised how many uses they have out in the country.

Mind you, it has to be the sort that has a hooked end.

Huh! I always take a walking stick when out with the dogs. Doesn't mean I've got the proverbial foot in the grave. You'd be surprised how many uses they have out in the country.

Er.... ok. Like thwacking young whippersnappers over the head after you've caught them stealing your apples?

And yeah ok I get your point. But he was sitting in his chair talking to the camera with a walking stick in his hand. Which basically means he's at the stage where needs it to get to the toilet/kitchen/whatever.

Er.... ok. Like thwacking young whippersnappers over the head after you've caught them stealing your apples?

And yeah ok I get your point. But he was sitting in his chair talking to the camera with a walking stick in his hand. Which basically means he's at the stage where needs it to get to the toilet/kitchen/whatever.

You haven't said if it had a hooked end :D which is actually very useful for scrumping apples, as well as inflicting injuries.

Perhaps Harry keeps it handy in case these pesky interviewers and snappers overstep the mark :lol:

I saw a little preview snippet of an interview with Chapman on C4 news last night. But I didn't see the interview itself.

They asked him what he though about Edward Snowden and he said "He's a bloody traitor and I'd like to see him shot!"

Haha, stupid old-fashioned fart who doesn't understand what modern people are fighting for/against. But then again what kind of talk do you expect from a fucking hundred year old, we're talking about a guy who grew up when radio was barely off the ground yet, nevermind TV, and Britons still used to swan around India in plus-fours, putting their feet up on a bent-over local while sucking on a tobacco pipe. I didn't really have an opinion on him before but now I will probably chuckle a bit when he finally snuffs it.

I saw a little preview snippet of an interview with Chapman on C4 news last night. But I didn't see the interview itself.

They asked him what he though about Edward Snowden and he said "He's a bloody traitor and I'd like to see him shot!"

Haha, stupid old-fashioned fart who doesn't understand what modern people are fighting for/against. But then again what kind of talk do you expect from a fucking hundred year old, we're talking about a guy who grew up when radio was barely off the ground yet, nevermind TV, and Britons still used to swan around India in plus-fours, putting their feet up on a bent-over local while sucking on a tobacco pipe. I didn't really have an opinion on him before but now I will probably chuckle a bit when he finally snuffs it.

That's a shame, because he always speaks very highly of you.

Now, now, put the walking stick down and don't do anything crooked.

Just found this pic of him.

henry_harry_chapman_pinch-467527.jpg

Can't believe he actually has a computer. Given his age and his ripe ignorance I'm shocked he even knows what one is. Old twat.

Anyway given this discovery I am now predicting his cause of death as a heart attack suffered during a wanking session.

Can't believe he actually has a computer. Given his age and his ripe ignorance I'm shocked he even knows what one is. Old twat.

Anyway given this discovery I am now predicting his cause of death as a heart attack suffered during a wanking session.

I don't think it's Harry who is the w***er here.

• Like 6

Am loving that bookcase. That is what they should look like.

Good for him. Hope he makes it to 100 and I will gladly forego the DDP points.

I do like the fitted cupboards at the ends - ideal for concealing literature than one might not wish to have on show ;)

167ro80.jpg
  • Like 3

I do like the fitted cupboards at the ends - ideal for concealing literature than one might not wish to have on show ;)

Like copies of Peter Wright's book?

Some guy on Twitter (@Disappearer) seems to think he died today.