Death Star

Kirk Douglas

The answer to how to live a long life? Play the roles of survivors http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/kirk-douglas-100th-birthday-what-made-him-such-a-distinctive-star-a7197346.htmltheI don't recall Spartacus living happily ever after.

The answer to how to live a long life? Play the roles of survivors http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/kirk-douglas-100th-birthday-what-made-him-such-a-distinctive-star-a7197346.htmltheI don't recall Spartacus living happily ever after.

However a great many of his followers do.

http://www.spartacusworld.com/en

I can think of at least eight movies where Kirk Douglas' character dies.

That's good, thanks.

Not at the age of 40, no.
I was thinking more being nailed to a cross rather than a mid -life crisis.

Scott Michaels of the findadeath website posted an article on his Facebook page. The headline states that Kirk's son says Kirk is entering his final days. But then the article proceeds to not mention anything about it. So....I don't know. Here's the article in question.

http://godtoday.com/son-of-kirk-douglas-says-father-is-entering-final-days-please-send-your-prayers/

Scott Michaels of the findadeath website posted an article on his Facebook page. The headline states that Kirk's son says Kirk is entering his final days. But then the article proceeds to not mention anything about it. So....I don't know. Here's the article in question.

http://godtoday.com/son-of-kirk-douglas-says-father-is-entering-final-days-please-send-your-prayers/

I predict he'll die either during the last week of 2016 or the first week of 2017.

Not at the age of 40, no.
I was thinking more being nailed to a cross rather than a mid -life crisis.
Point taken.
  • Like 1

I predict he'll die either during the last week of 2016 or the first week of 2017.

I predict he'll die either before New Year's Eve or after it.

"before New Year's Eve or after it" = ANYTIME

I predict that for the rest of the 50 too.......

• Like 1

But what if they died on New Years Eve?

But what if they died on New Years Eve?

Well played

According to Michael Kirk is doing great and looking forward to his 100th birthday.The media are now reporting that his wife Anne is 97 not 86 as previously reported.

The media are now reporting that his wife Anne is 97 not 86 as previously reported.

I'm sure this election has given a lot of people a few extra gray hairs, but this is ridiculous.

• Like 2

According to Michael Kirk is doing great and looking forward to his 100th birthday.The media are now reporting that his wife Anne is 97 not 86 as previously reported.

I still think he'll cark it soon, although it won't be before his 100th birthday. I think he's the kind of guy who dies after a good 100 year old birthday.

The media are now reporting that his wife Anne is 97 not 86 as previously reported.

That's an interesting bit. You would have thought those 11 years must have been noticeable on the wedding photos or when she bore Eric at 39 (instead of 28) etc.

I guess a QO can almost be taken for granted even for her, especially if she goes first (which seemed unlikely earlier, when she was assumed to have been born in 1930).

What are the odds of she going first and then Kirk dying in 2 months of a broken heart? (Disclaimer: That's definitely not something I wish for, but sooner or later they'll die anyways.)

• Like 1

Well with her drastic plastic surgery it is difficult to tell how old she looks.

Here's a picture of Kirk from over a month ago. He's the one in the wheelchair. :wheelchair:

WlrSlaE.jpg

EDIT: Better yet, here's the video: .

[/quote

Crikey both him and his wife look frailer than ever.Reckon 2017 will be the year both conk out

• Like 1

Here's a picture of Kirk from over a month ago. He's the one in the wheelchair. :wheelchair:

WlrSlaE.jpg

Crikey both him and his wife look frailer than ever.Reckon 2017 will be the year both conk out

Or possibly even before that.

It's kind of premature that they celebrate his birthday more than two months in advance. I mean, it made some sense to link his birthday party to the celebration of the 95th anniversary of the Motion Picture and Television Fund, but still, it feels like they are (half-)expecting him to (maybe) cark it before his real birthday.

• Like 1

WlrSlaE.jpg

Or possibly even before that.

It's kind of premature that they celebrate his birthday more than two months in advance. I mean, it made some sense to link his birthday party to the celebration of the 95th anniversary of the Motion Picture and Television Fund, but still, it feels like they are (half-)expecting him to (maybe) cark it before his real birthday.

I hope does make 100.He looks bad but not like he about to die imminently.

• Like 1

I think that he, overall, doesn't look that bad. Fairly stable, I would say. I will concede that he is probably less mobile than, say, in the 2011 Oscars. But there are mostly positive signs:

1. The fact that he even attended means that he was/is not terminal at a hospice care, bedridden or anything.

2. He still has his cognitive facilities intact, meaning that he is aware of his surroundings and doesn't look disoriented or confussed.

3. At one point in the clip, he smiles/laughs at something his son says. Happiness is often correlated with good physical health (not always, of course...)

4. His impaired speech, which he has had for two decades now, combined with the sheer agedness of his face, makes us underestimate his overall strength. This is because we draw conclusions based on how our senses react (eyes and hearing, in this case) to different things. His actual internal physical health (immune system, cardiovascular system, etc.) is anyone's guess because he is never reported as going to hospital for major illnesses.

5. As for celebrating his 100th birthday two months in advance, I think one possible explanation is that humans tend to be overly eager and impatient if they look forward to something really much. Particularly when it comes to huge movie stars who thrive on idolation and attention.

4. His impaired speech, which he has had for two decades now, combined with the sheer agedness of his face, makes us underestimate his overall strength. This is because we draw conclusions based on how our senses react (eyes and hearing, in this case) to different things. His actual internal physical health (immune system, cardiovascular system, etc.) is anyone's guess because he is never reported as going to hospital for major illnesses.

5. As for celebrating his 100th birthday two months in advance, I think one possible explanation is that humans tend to be overly eager and impatient if they look forward to something really much. Particularly when it comes to huge movie stars who thrive on idolation and attention.

Well, let's hope you are right. Yes, we know for a fact that his impaired speech is a sequela of the stroke he had 20 years ago, but it has also become a bit slower and even less comprehensible than in his AP interview from 2014:

. And heck, compared to his current state, he looked like a spring chicken in 2011, able to stand, use his legs etc.

On the other hand, his immobility, the blanket on his legs when others in the room are sporting sleeveless shirts (like the woman in the background on the photo) and the fact that he can hardly grip his notes are clear signs of arthritis and circulatory problems in his extremities. (Of course, that's not uncommon for nonagenarians).

Celebrities like him can afford to hire a private physician and nurses, so he'd not need to check into a hospital unless he feels really ill.