Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Lucy Hannah

Third oldest verified person to ever live, but was born 5 months after Jeanne Calment and died in 1993 at a mere 117 years and 248 days. Apparently.

• Like 4

OK, let's put this one to rest.
Emma is the last person on earth who will have some dude chisling ' Born 18--' in her headstone.  Fair enough?

SC

(Edit -- and frankly I don't know what everyone are all on about.  No one ever ever ever EVVVV-VER ever ever said Emma was 'the last person born in the 19th Century' [prove me wrong with a link here ________________], only that she was the last person born in the 1800's.  And that's a fact, jack.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

OK, let's put this one to rest.
Emma is the last person on earth who will have some dude chisling ' Born 18--' in her headstone.  Fair enough?

SC

(Edit -- and frankly I don't know what everyone are all on about.  No one ever ever ever EVVVV-VER ever ever said Emma was 'the last person born in the 19th Century' [prove me wrong with a link here ________________], only that she was the last person born in the 1800's.  And that's a fact, jack.

Not necessarily as headstones can be put up long after a person has died!

But yeah, she was the last person who was born before 1900, without dispute. There are two still left born in 1900 who are really the last remaining people born in the nineteenth century - since there wasn't a year zero, centuries start in the years ending 01.

You know I really hate it when the world's oldest person dies because I have to deal with dumb Facebook comments under the obituaries.

There are two types:

1) People claiming the recently deceased person wasn't the oldest. Under Emma's obituary, people wrote stuff like "there's a guy in Africa who's 145" - sure there is, buddy. :rolleyes: There was also a guy who made like five posts about his grandma in Guatemala who is apparently 123. Yeah, ok...

2) People who can't do basic fucking math. Obviously, the obituary stated that Emma was 117 years old, and that she was the last survivor of the 1800s. You have no idea how many people commented some dumb shit like "but 2017-117=1900 so how can she be the last survivor of the 1800s"? Because she was turning 118 this November...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RadGuy said:

You know I really hate it when the world's oldest person dies because I have to deal with dumb Facebook comments under the obituaries.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you don't "have to" read them.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Okay, I voluntarily subject myself to people's ignorance to then rant about said ignorance.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned if they're not verified they're not real. Full stop !

• Like 1

Okay, moving this conversation forward, to recap the stats, we now have only two people alive who were verified to be born in the 19th century (1900) and who were drawing breath at the same time as Queen Vic. These are:

Violet Brown (10 March 1900)

Nabi Tajima (4 August 1900)

Of these, only Violet was one of Queen Vic's subjects, making her the last Victorian. As of today, she is exactly 100 days younger than Emma Morano was when the latter died, making her the 6th verified oldest person ever (Emma was the 5th).

After these two clear out, we are on to the Edwardians!

• Like 2

Just think too: there is some totally obnoxious teenage girl out there right now, born circa 1999-2000, who is going to become famous as "the last surviving person born in  the twentieth century" in 100 years' time. <_< Think of that when you see the horrible spoilt brats on your train to work in the morning. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Okay, moving this conversation forward, to recap the stats, we now have only two people alive who were verified to be born in the 19th century (1900) and who were drawing breath at the same time as Queen Vic. These are:

Violet Brown (10 March 1900)

Nabi Tajima (4 August 1900)

Of these, only Violet was one of Queen Vic's subjects, making her the last Victorian. As of today, she is exactly 100 days younger than Emma Morano was when the latter died, making her the 6th verified oldest person ever (Emma was the 5th).

After these two clear out, we are on to the Edwardians!

Profile of Violet:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-18/at-117-jamaican-woman-becomes-worlds-oldest-person/8449110

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Toast said:

There is an easy way to avoid this. Only have erudite friends.

You know where we are!

On 4/17/2017 at 15:04, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Just think too: there is some totally obnoxious teenage girl out there right now, born circa 1999-2000, who is going to become famous as "the last surviving person born in  the twentieth century" in 100 years' time. <_< Think of that when you see the horrible spoilt brats on your train to work in the morning. 

You mean like.....

cash-me-oustide-637x333-rev.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 13:04, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I think only if that person is from America will it be a spoiled brat. Kids in Sardinia and Japan are well mannered

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I think only if that person is from America will it be a spoiled brat. Kids in Sardinia and Japan are well mannered

No Yank [or Australian] kid from this generation will become a super-centenarian given the amount of McDonald's they consume...

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 15:04, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Oy vey DJL, in defense of my peers, you's actin' like a grumpy, old man. 

12 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Hey hey know we American teens are hardworking and independent. We drive ourselves around and have jobs.

Meanwhile those Guido kids are out on the curb smoking cigs and refusing to go to church with their nonna at 4AM on Wednesday... pfft, what brats.

8 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

No Yank [or Australian] kid from this generation will become a super-centenarian given the amount of McDonald's they consume...

I dunno about Aussie kids, but American kids are much healthier than their trashy parents. If they have enough money they might even choose fancy restaurants like Chipotle, Panera, and Starbucks... wish I could relate...

Anyways, we made so much progress we ain't even the fattest country no more. That honor belongs to mis amigos al sud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Violet Brown's eldest child, 97-year-old Harold Fairweather, was believed to be the oldest person alive to have a living parent. Now he very well could be the longest-lived person to be outlived by a parent.

Don't see Violet lasting long after that.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Hard to say. She has lost at least one other child before him. She says herself that she is healthier than her surviving children. The woman is wonder of the world!

8 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Oy vey DJL, in defense of my peers, you's actin' like a grumpy, old man. 

I am one.

d5fa6764b30f35fde6a5ef0701c6f18d.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, msc said:

To be fair she wasn't likely to last long anyway :mellow:

9 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

To be fair she wasn't likely to last long anyway :mellow:

Nobody has Calment or Knauss's staying power these days. 140 years old and beyond? Let's see someone reach 120 again first.

World's oldest man Mbah Ghoto has died aged 146. And this morning I saw pigs flying outside.

• Like 1

I'm totally expecting Keith Richards to die now. :D