Guest Advisor

Nazi of SS

A comprehensive list of U-boat skippers here including one or two survivors.

When Erich Topp died in 2005, he didn't get so much as a mention in the English press. I was toying around with adding Reinhard Hardegen to my list, but decided against it, as I thought it wasn't likely he'd get an obit.

I remember your postings on Topp CP. I was surprised there was no obit. I think Hans Georg Hess would get one because of his youth and because his U-boat U-995 was preserved after the war at Laboe and he has maintained a fairly high profile.

• Like 1

I took a punt on Wilhelm 'Bob' Roessler in the DDP. He would get an obit in the Telegraph.

Just noticed this - well he didn't get an obit as Godot confidently thought, cos he died a few years previously. Still worth the gamble.

Anyway, thread reignited cos of Erich Priebke getting out & about.

Sounds like he still has some fire & reason to go on.

Well he would have had an obit had he not been already dead. I mean I wasn't appraised of that significant factor.

Well he would have had an obit had he not been already dead. I mean I wasn't appraised of that significant factor.

That was my point - he didn't get an obit when he died, as otherwise AtJ wouldn't have picked him in the first place. In fact, most of the world seemed to miss the fact he'd snuffed it, which never helps obit chances. Being dead for three years certainly doesn't....

That was my point - he didn't get an obit when he died, as otherwise AtJ wouldn't have picked him in the first place. In fact, most of the world seemed to miss the fact he'd snuffed it, which never helps obit chances. Being dead for three years certainly doesn't....

But had the world known about him he would certainly have had an obit which was my point. That last point has set me thinking. I wonder what the longest gap has been between a death and an obit. I wonder if there is period after which the newspapers say "sod it, can't do it now."

Not that I doubt your word OoO, but you could provide some evidence of Roessler's death?

MPFC posted a link in the Missing In Action thread, but this is perhaps a better place:-

Nazis in the News again.

This BBC report goes into a lot of detail about Aribert Heim, this report into Soren Kam, whilst along with MPFC's link, this list gives a few more names to peruse.

I'm always wary of putting Nazis down on a DP list, as they could already be dead, or die & then the death isn't announced for some time to allow a bit of calm & no protests at a funeral etc etc, but there are some useful names there - and they are the ones who are free...

MPFC posted a link in the Missing In Action thread, but this is perhaps a better place:-

Nazis in the News again.

This BBC report goes into a lot of detail about Aribert Heim, this report into Soren Kam, whilst along with MPFC's link, this list gives a few more names to peruse.

I'm always wary of putting Nazis down on a DP list, as they could already be dead, or die & then the death isn't announced for some time to allow a bit of calm & no protests at a funeral etc etc, but there are some useful names there - and they are the ones who are free...

Got one of them as a semi-secret candidate, as I noticed that he got his own story in the Guardian a while back and was confirmed to be alive. The above links, along with MPFC's, leads to believe that, unless there's a chance that they're already dead, there's a good possibility for an obit.

Since the Golden Age of Deathlist (I'm the Advisor) I've been contemplating the situation surrounding Alois Brunner who I feel is most likely still alive in Syria cooped up in a little downstairs apartment. I feel if he was ever officially found alive, he probably wouldn't stand trial due to the extreme of his age. Thinking along the lines of if he is alive, I ask myself the question 'if he does' croak will they just come out with the big news that he is dead .. blah blah blah. The whole situation is very unreliable to me and while I'm here I must confirm that Hugo Bleicher's demise in July 2002 was a fraud, I did it about a year ago just to test how long that information would remain. Being realistic, it's somebody who will probably never get an obituary if he is alive and if he is dead (which it's very probable) I thought that was a reasonable estimation.

Posted this round up on the missing in action thread a couple of hours back. Certainly reckons AB's still alive in Syria.

If you think I want to know something, you think I'm going to go by 'The Sun?' .. you think they know? Do you really think so? I don't. I've heard sources say Brunner might be dead since 1996 ... I say bullshit. If anything he croaked two or three years ago... and his death will continue to go on unrecognized. If he did I doubt they would come out with his demise ... they wouldn't say nothing. It's just another Nazi... and the whole Holocaust is over with now. It's over and done. If the guy is alive he's 95 years old. He got away with it. If they found him you would hear he don't know his f****n name anymore because he is in the advanced stages of dementia. It would be another Pinochet sob story. Case closed.

and the whole Holocaust is over with now. It's over and done.

By which you mean what exactly BS? Are you saying 'move on' to us all? In which case;

:birthday2:

On the basis that those who don't learn from history will keep on repeating it.

Vladas Zajanckauskas, Lithuanian SS man and alleged war criminal faces deportation from the US.

"I hope they wouldn't deport me. Last my days…and I already bought a grave for myself in cemetery, with stone, with everything. My name. My wife's name. "It's not too many days left to die."

Worth a shot next year, perhaps.

Former concentration camp guard dies

VIENNA, Austria - A woman who was being investigated in Austria for allegedly beating an inmate to death while serving as a Nazi concentration camp guard has died, authorities said Thursday. She was 85.

Erna Wallisch died in a hospital Saturday of unspecified causes, the Austrian Interior Ministry said.Because of her death, Austrian authorities closed the murder investigation, the state prosecutor's office said.

The case was launched last month after Polish authorities provided new evidence implicating her in the beating death of an inmate at Poland's Majdanek death camp.

She had evaded prosecution on murder charges in the 1960s for lack of evidence, and efforts in the 1970s to charge her with battery and assault at Majdanek failed due to rules on the statute of limitations that apply to those crimes. There is no statute of limitations for murder in Austria.

Wallisch had steadfastly proclaimed her innocence.

The Nazi-hunting Simon Wiesenthal Center in Jerusalem criticized the Austrian government for inaction, and said Wallisch's death "should serve as a reminder to all the governments which are dealing with the cases of Nazi war criminals that they had best expedite these prosecutions while justice can still be achieved."

The group had tracked Wallisch down several years ago after receiving an anonymous letter suggesting she was alive in the Austrian capital, Vienna, it said.

It said she guarded and brought prisoners to gas chambers at Majdanek. She also served at Ravensbrueck, a concentration camp in northern Germany.

Philipp von Boeselager, the last of the July 20 plotters who tried to blow up Hitler in 1944, has died.

The cruel heartless bastards at a ShopRite store in New Jersey have refused to make a birthday cake for poor little Adolf Hitler.

Heath Campbell, 35, and his wife, Deborah, 25, say they are upset at the decision made by their local ShopRite not to write "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" across the cake, and that people needed to move forward.

Mr. Heim, 53, admitted publicly for the first time that he was with his father in Egypt at the time of his death from rectal cancer.

“It was during the Olympics. There was a television in the room, and he was watching the Olympics. It distracted him. He must have been suffering from serious pain.”

Painful enough?

Aribert Heim, an inspired pick by myself in the 2007 DDP has in fact been dead since 1992.

A seat on the DL committee awaits, Anubis.

Indeed. Wilfred Bramble and William Hartnell spring to mind... :)

Aribert Heim, an inspired pick by myself in the 2007 DDP has in fact been dead since 1992.

A seat on the DL committee awaits, Anubis.

Indeed. Wilfred Bramble and William Hartnell spring to mind... :)

Let's not forget Bette "Picked, Removed, Died, Picked Again" Davis.