Tempus Fugit

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Mudslides

Surprise, surprise, it looks like it's going to push up the price of petrol. ;)

Just wasted ten minutes trying to post a link to the BBC site - still can't work out how to do it :lol:

• Like 1

Surprise, surprise, it looks like it's going to push up the price of petrol.  ;)

Just wasted ten minutes trying to post a link to the BBC site - still can't work out how to do it  :lol:

Here it is: Oil close to highs as storm rages.

Of course everything will push up the price of petrol.

regards,

Hein

Surprise, surprise, it looks like it's going to push up the price of petrol.  :angry:

Just wasted ten minutes trying to post a link to the BBC site - still can't work out how to do it  :(

Here it is: Oil close to highs as storm rages.

regards,

Hein

Such cynicism in one so young is truly disturbing.....

The latest reports say that 80% of New Orleans is under water, with some areas being under as much as 20 feet. Many areas are uninhabitable and will be that way for weeks to months. It is just absolutely total devastation of a once proud, fun and thriving city. :banghead:

New Orleans is uninhabitable

What is the price of petrol in the UK these days?

Such cynicism in one so young is truly disturbing.....

Cynic? Moi?

I'm not sure how things work in the UK or the US, but in my country things go like this:

• If the price of crude oil rises, the oil companies increase the price of petrol
  • If the price of crude oil decreases, the state increases excise
  • If the weather changes, the state increases VAT

regards,

Hein

Just remembered I've got relatives over there. My mum's cousin and her family. Never met her though so I can't get too upset but it seems odd to think of them dying and me not knowing

Oh, for f**ks sake. I'm already getting emails from people who choose to live in hurricane-affected areas. Complaining about how the International Community are not offering aid.

Citing their "generosity" toward the tsunami victims.

Give me strength! :(

Well here comes Dubya's public address re. Katrina

Im waiting for it...a new enemy, an invisible enemy, a new war...a war on wind :(

Im waiting for it...a new enemy, an invisible enemy, a new war...a war on wind :(

I've once read a story about a man who went to war on windmills. Quite funny, actually.

regards,

Hein

Mayor, Ray Nagin, orders a total evacuation of all remaining residents of New Orleans.

Evacuation ordered for New Orleans

According to Nagin, between 50,000 to 100,000 people remain in historic New Orleans, which is 80 percent flooded and has no electric, natural gas or water services.

There will be a "total evacuation of the city," he said. "We have to. The city will not be functional for two or three months.

He said 14,000 to 15,000 people a day could be evacuated. And authorities began the evacuation process Wednesday night for the displaced residents.

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco Gov. said the situation was getting so desperate that there was no choice but to clear people out from shelters.

What is the price of petrol in the UK these days?

In Toronto, the price of gas has gone up significantly in the last few days. It has moved from an average of $0.95 a litre just before the hurricane to $1.26 a litre this morning. :(

I put a quip up about dodgy old UK/US band Katrina and the Waves staging a tour of Louisiana coastal resorts but it disappeared soon enough.

Maybe if I try it here the people accessing this thread won't be so easily offended.

[Original post now moved here - tickets on sale soon!]

Edited by Teddy

I put a quip up about dodgy old UK/US band Katrina and the Waves staging a tour of Louisiana coastal resorts but it disappeared soon enough.

Looks like the tour is dead in the water.

regards,

Hein

One things for sure, Led Zeppelin's 'When the Levee Breaks' will not be rushing towards the turntables.

I supppose we'll have the obligatory minutes silence........

Guest Hobbes
Well here comes Dubya's public address re. Katrina

Im waiting for it...a new enemy, an invisible enemy, a new war...a war on wind ;)

and now we await for the rest of the world to give aid to america in their time of need after america has given countless amounts of money to countless amounts of countries in crisis, im sure those "enlightened" europeans are digging into their wallets right now in an attempt to give to the needy in new orleans :lol:

[i'm] sure those "enlightened" europeans are digging into their wallets right now in an attempt to give to the needy in new orleans  :lol:

I expect we soon will. Not as generously as we did for the Tsunami victims, of course, but still generously.

regards,

Hein

Still, it gets my post numbers up :lol:

[Topics merged. Again. -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein