Sign in to follow this  
TAFKAG

Bernie Madoff

In the good ol' US of A, Mark Madoff's death actually received more media coverage than Leslie Nielsen's passing!!!!!!

You would think that Mark Madoff was you know, actually a real celebrity. Of course he ain't!!!

Would this have anything to do with their respective nationalities perchance?

Irrelevant.

Leslie Nielsen was much better known than a Madoff son.

In the good ol' US of A, Mark Madoff's death actually received more media coverage than Leslie Nielsen's passing!!!!!!

You would think that Mark Madoff was you know, actually a real celebrity. Of course he ain't!!!

Irrelevant.

Then how do you account for the greater coverage?

Irrelevant.

Then how do you account for the greater coverage?

because the whole Madoff story is such a big deal, a symbol of the corporate greed of our times, and such a train wreck.

I can guarantee you that very few people knew the name of Bernie Madoff's son before his death. However many millions knew of Leslie Nielsen.

Bernie Madoff's son, Mark Madoff, has committed suicide by hanging.

Bernie Madoff's other son, Andrew Madoff, is suffering from stage 4 lymphoma.

Paul Konigsberg, an attorney and accountant, was charged Thursday with multiple counts of falsifying records and related securities charges in connection with Bernie Madoff's Ponzi investment fund scheme.

Brodsky said that Konigsberg "looks forward to clearing his good name at trial. In their witch hunt arising out of the largest Ponzi scheme in history, the government conveniently ignores that the sociopath Bernie Madoff deceived everyone around him --

Bernie Madoff has end-stage cancer? Is this new news?? OJ, now Bernie. Does anyone think these guys are just faking to get compassionate release?

Bernie Madoff has end-stage cancer? Is this new news?? OJ, now Bernie. Does anyone think these guys are just faking to get compassionate release?

They just need a couple of pints of Guiness and everything will be OK.

Er.... eh?

Er.... eh?

Ernest Saunders...

Er.... eh?

Ernest Saunders...

Oh....... haha. Okay.

For a minute I thought you might have been referring to Alex Higgins' copious Guinness intake, which some of us fans of his have speculated was the thing that enabled him to beat cancer (and everything else wrong with him) for so fuckin' long, and live until the unexpectedly high age of 61.

I was a bit baffled there because I was fairly sure I was the only person on this place who was enough of a Higgins fan to think about that one....... turns out I was right.

Well anyway, it's certainly a tactic I'll be adopting if ever diagnosed with life-threatening cancer of any kind.

Guest Howard

What if he dies the same die as his son? Who's funeral does the mum/wife go to

Last of the defendants in the Madoff case, Irwin Lipkin, now sentenced to a couple of months in prison:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/business/irwin-lipkin-of-paramus-last-madoff-defendant-gets-6-months-in-prison-1.1386761

He could have faced up to 10 years but his apparently terrible health reduced the sentence.

$11Billion reasons he MUST be in solitaire cuz it seems to me if someone on the outside with the mean$ wanted him dead, he would be.

Anyways us Yanks have a made for TV special tonight

SC

http://abcnews.go.com/US/recovered-madoff-money-now-11-billion-hidden/story?id=36529402

$11Billion reasons he MUST be in solitaire cuz it seems to me if someone on the outside with the mean$ wanted him dead, he would be.

SC

http://abcnews.go.com/US/recovered-madoff-money-now-11-billion-hidden/story?id=36529402

You mean he plays cards with himself?

SC

Or plays with himself?

• Like 1

SC

Only if he can find a free cell

• Like 6