Spade_Cooley

Gangster, Gangster

How come Frankie Fraser's never on the TV any more? He was never off the bloody thing in the late 90s. Is there some, like, Sky 3 or Bravo documentary series he hosts now, or is he just dying in a home alone and unloved somewhere?

People who I crossed off my DDP team for this year at the last minute: "cancer stricken" Glaswegian crimelord Jamie Daniel, because I have absolutely no idea about Scottish crime whatsoever and for all I know these guys could just be having a laugh and a carry on with bored local crime reporters.

Most of the current capi of the American Mafia are in their 70s and unlikely to be shot any time soon. On the other hand, Venero "Benny Eggs" Mangano turns 90 this year, having spent 15 of the past 18 years in prison for his part in an extortion racket that saw the Mafia make $2 for every window replaced in New York for five years.

• Like 2

How come Frankie Fraser's never on the TV any more? He was never off the bloody thing in the late 90s. Is there some, like, Sky 3 or Bravo documentary series he hosts now, or is he just dying in a home alone and unloved somewhere?

He's 87 now, according to his website he still gives guided tours around his old haunts, though it doesn't appear to have been updated in quite some time, so to answer your question I don't really know. He may still be living off his infamy someplace or could be in a nursing home. Perhaps he too is a casualty of the ageist culture on TV, I don't know what is this country coming to when an old renowned torturer and murderer, who deserted his post in WW2 and spent most of it robbing and thieving, can't get a regular TV slot anymore!

Has been mentioned on other threads, but former Aussie outlaw Mark "Chopper" Read is not long for this earth, terminally ill with Hepatitis C was given between 2-5 years back in 2008. Needs a liver transplant but says he would refuse if offered.

People who I crossed off my DDP team for this year at the last minute: "cancer stricken" Glaswegian crimelord Jamie Daniel, because I have absolutely no idea about Scottish crime whatsoever and for all I know these guys could just be having a laugh and a carry on with bored local crime reporters.

Possilpark's finest, Jamie Daniel, now has "weeks to live".

Has been mentioned on other threads, but former Aussie outlaw Mark "Chopper" Read is not long for this earth, terminally ill with Hepatitis C was given between 2-5 years back in 2008. Needs a liver transplant but says he would refuse if offered.

Chopper Read, contradicting virtually everything written above, now says he has terminal liver cancer, that he might die within a few weeks or could last as long as six years and can't actually have a liver transplant as there is too much scar tissue (the result of a prison stabbing) in the affected area to make successful surgery possible.

I'm gonna go on record as saying that Chopped Read is an absolute bullshitter of the highest standard.

I'm gonna go on record as saying that Chopped Read is an absolute bullshitter of the highest standard.

You can't trust anybody these days...

Roy "Pretty Boy" Shaw has hit the floor for the last time.

I could have sworn he was already dead. How many Kray associates/contemporaries are still living then? Frankie Fraser, obviously. Freddie Foreman. Anyone whose names don't both begin with "F"?

"Cocaine godmother" Griselda Blanco was gunned down in Colombia on Monday http://www.miamihera...lda-blanco.html

No loss. Whilst I don't expect drug traffickers to be all sweetness and light, if you've seen the films Cocaine Cowboys and Cocaine Cowboys II you'll know she was a particularly nasty piece of work.

"Cocaine godmother" Griselda Blanco was gunned down in Colombia on Monday http://www.miamihera...lda-blanco.html

No loss. Whilst I don't expect drug traffickers to be all sweetness and light, if you've seen the films Cocaine Cowboys and Cocaine Cowboys II you'll know she was a particularly nasty piece of work.

Quite a temper apparently. Would've been good DeathList fodder as well. Apparently, people were only shocked about the fact that this hadn't happened to her sooner.

Indeed, couldn't happen to a nicer woman. She did well to survive as long as she did really.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/09/zetas-boss-heriberto-lazcano-death-confirmed

Heriberto Lazcano @ 37 , head of the drug cartel Los Zetas/

Was $7m bounty in total on his napper........ and as I see the body has been now stolen he may not be dead yet laugh.gif

Straw poll in the office this morning splits 2 to 1 on whether the wreath reading "240 DC" at Charlie's funeral was laugh out loud funny or just plain sick. Bear in mind that 240 volts was the charge from an old army generator that Charlie would (quite literarally) send through someone's bollocks had that individual displeased him or his fellow gangsters. How many of the burnt bollock brigade lived to see the wreath photographed for the tabloids I'm not sure, but I'll bet they don't know whether to laugh or cry at his death either.

There was a pic of Frankie Fraser in attendance at Richardson's funeral, he looked pretty well for his age

Perennial mob flick character actor Tony Lip has died aged 82. He was Frankie the Wop in Goodfellas, Philly Lucky in Donnie Brasco and, most famously, Carmine Lupertazzi in The Sopranos. We can all wear shorts again now.

• Like 1

Well Frank Lucas is on my DDP team this year, i'm certain he will die

Possilpark's finest, Jamie Daniel, now has "weeks to live".

Many, many weeks later, Jamie Daniel is still going, having apparently suffered a heart attack at Christmas.

Heroin dealing grandmother Mags Haney is suffering from lung cancer. She is a fairly notorious figure in Scotland for heading up the original media "family from hell" and I think her inevitable demise will make the Scottish press.

Even before her diagnosis, she was in poor health according to this article from 2011.

Big Mags. Haven't heard that name for a few years

How come Frankie Fraser's never on the TV any more? ....

He is. Sunday 16th, 9pm, Crime and Investigation Network (huh?).

Apparently, even aged 90 he's a naughty boy, being given an ASBO after an incident in his residential accommodation.

He's reported to be "frail and in poor health".

Tragically I'll probably be tuning into that. As for what the Crime and Investigation Network is, I'd never heard of it, but apparently it has a regular show called Fred Dineage's Murder Casebook. I can smell the Partridge from here.