The Telegraph reporting it with that Times death notice apparently their only source.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11335642/Lance-Percival-dies-aged-81.html

2:20PM GMT 09 Jan 2015

Actor and TV personality Lance Percival has died aged 81.

He first found fame performing on the classic satire show That Was The Week That Was alongside its host David Frost where he regularly performed comedy calypso songs.

His version of the song, Shame And Scandal In The Family, was a top 40 hit in October 1965.

He appeared in a string of comedy films including Carry On Cruising and provided one of the voices for The Beatles' cartoon film Yellow Submarine and became a regular - and witty - guest on a succession of panel shows.

A death notice in The Times said he died on Tuesday in a central London hospital after "a long illness".

I did actually consider him for my DDP team this year, but couldn't find any recent info on him.

• Like 1

I posted it on the 'deaths of 2015' thread earlier. Here;'s the only obit I can find http://announcements...185934/percival . Weird there's not much more about him.He was quite a well known face on tv back in the 60s and 70s .This might jog your memory.. http://www.bing.com/...cival&FORM=IGRE

Your posting was moved to the Carry on Dying thread.

The Telegraph reporting it with that Times death notice apparently their only source.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11335642/Lance-Percival-dies-aged-81.html

2:20PM GMT 09 Jan 2015

Actor and TV personality Lance Percival has died aged 81.

He first found fame performing on the classic satire show That Was The Week That Was alongside its host David Frost where he regularly performed comedy calypso songs.

His version of the song, Shame And Scandal In The Family, was a top 40 hit in October 1965.

He appeared in a string of comedy films including Carry On Cruising and provided one of the voices for The Beatles' cartoon film Yellow Submarine and became a regular - and witty - guest on a succession of panel shows.

A death notice in The Times said he died on Tuesday in a central London hospital after "a long illness".

I did actually consider him for my DDP team this year, but couldn't find any recent info on him.

He was wayyyyyyy off my radar. I stupidly thought he died years ago.

The Telegraph reporting it with that Times death notice apparently their only source. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11335642/Lance-Percival-dies-aged-81.html
2:20PM GMT 09 Jan 2015 Actor and TV personality Lance Percival has died aged 81. He first found fame performing on the classic satire show That Was The Week That Was alongside its host David Frost where he regularly performed comedy calypso songs. His version of the song, Shame And Scandal In The Family, was a top 40 hit in October 1965. He appeared in a string of comedy films including Carry On Cruising and provided one of the voices for The Beatles' cartoon film Yellow Submarine and became a regular - and witty - guest on a succession of panel shows. A death notice in The Times said he died on Tuesday in a central London hospital after "a long illness".
He was wayyyyyyy off my radar. I stupidly thought he died years ago.

I had him on my long list, although I'd often confuse him with Hugh Lloyd

Actress Pauline Yates has died aged 85. Best known for being Mrs Reggie Perrin, she has a list of credits as far back as 1959.

She didn't get where she is today, by being alive.

• Like 4

Actress Pauline Yates has died aged 85. Best known for being Mrs Reggie Perrin, she has a list of credits as far back as 1959.

I was just about post that, then the phone rang.

• Like 2

A unique pick for my DDP theme team :-)

Enjoyed the first series but it all went a bit downhill after that. Oddly enough I had a fleeting thought about putting her on my longlist over Xmas...

Enjoyed the first series but it all went a bit downhill after that. Oddly enough I had a fleeting thought about putting her on my longlist over Xmas...

I never got into the TV series but loved the books.

Alan Howard, stalwart of the RSC & National Theatre, but also known for being the voice of The Ring in Lord of The Rings, has died aged 77.

Guest OK

Alan Howard, stalwart of the RSC & National Theatre, but also known for being the voice of The Ring in Lord of The Rings, has died aged 77.

Also known for copping off with Helen Mirren in The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover.

Guest Guest

Also known for copping off with Helen Mirren in The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover.

thecookthethief.jpg

thecookthethief.jpg

Uh-oh. That was the only film I saw during which members of the audience left in digust . :D

regards,

Hein

thecookthethief.jpg

Uh-oh. That was the only film I saw during which members of the audience left in digust . :D

regards,

Hein

When I went to see it, everyone remained in their seats for the entire film.

The only film I've seen where people left in disgust was the remake of Psycho because the acting was terrible.

I've done a search here and online and can't find anything regarding Valerie Lush, born Christmas Day 1918. She was Auntie Flo in And Mother Makes Three/Five. Anyone know if she's still with us?

tve10714-19970429-761.gif

His IMDb entry explains all...

"He is an actor, known for Fear of Fanny"

• Like 2

I've done a search here and online and can't find anything regarding Valerie Lush, born Christmas Day 1918. She was Auntie Flo in And Mother Makes Three/Five. Anyone know if she's still with us?

tve10714-19970429-761.gif

She must have been in other Brit exports cuz I definitely recognize her face from either BBC offerings pre-2008 or PBS anytime.

SC

I thought we had a Luvvies thread but a basic search does not bring it up.

With the recent deaths of Richard Johnson and Nigel Terry I began to think about the actors I have seen playing Shakespearean roles on stage (mostly at the RSC) not all of them are those you would automatically think of as Luvvies so I have created a list of twenty anti-luvvies who I have seen perform in the theatre but are much better known for their TV & film work.

• Derrick Griffiths (Heads & Tails/Play School)
  • Paul Greenwood (Rosie/Captain Zep Space Detective)
  • Patricia Routledge (Keeping Up Appearances)
  • Stephen Boxer (Moon cat)
  • Robert Lindsay (My Family/Citizen Smith)
  • Freddie Jones (Emmerdale/Ghosts of Motely Hall)
  • Alex Kingston (ER/Doctor Who)
  • Julie Walters (Everything)
  • Clifford Rose (Secret Army)
  • Bernard Hill (Boys from the Blackstuff/Titanic)
  • Anna Carteret (Juliet Bravo)
  • Tim McInerey (Blackadder)
  • Haydn Gwynne (Drop The Dead Donkey)
  • Caroline Blakiston (Return of the Jedi)
  • James Fleet (The Vicar of Dibley)
  • Richard Wilson (One Foot in the Grave)
  • Gemma Jones (Duchess of Duke Street)
  • Monica Dolan (Appropriate Adult)
  • Hugh Bonneville (W1A/Downton Abbey)
  • Stella Gonet (House of Elliott)

A couple of these are worth keeping an eye on but Nigel Terry was much younger than many of them.

By the way, I thought it's time for a "crew of the Nostromo" thread, because I thought all members of the cast were still alive, but that's not quite correct. Ironically, the man in the Alien costume, Bolaji Badejo, died some time ago.

Edit: Though technically, the Alien wasn't part of the crew, so it's still ok. There was also Helen Horton as the computer voice, also dead.

Malcolm McDowell reporting the death of Aubrey Morris yesterday at 89. https://twitter.com/McDowellMalc/status/621506633349214208

Nothing official as yet. Seems to have been in everything since I was a wee lad. Big big loss.

Edit: here's his star turn in The Prisoner: https://youtu.be/DGWpELKh3TY

His name wasn't immediately familiar to me, but as soon as I saw the roles he'd been in I knew who he was. I honestly thought he was already dead.

• Like 1