Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

article on WWE.com has announced the passing of John Tenta...since I'm at work, I'm not going to read it. His passing is cited on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_deaths

His death has been announced on the WWE website and wikipedia, but I have not seen any confirmation of his death from any other sources.

Sad loss for the wrestling world though.

CP, congratulations on your hit in Weatherman's death pool.

It was noted on his web forum as well, and I would imagine WWE is a credible site for this sort of thing. I doubt that it will get too much press for that.

While it's nice to have something to make up for Preston, I'll admit that I'm fairly saddened. He seemed like a good man, someone of whom you'd have a difficult time finding a significant flaw. Instead of being all haughty on fame, he had no problem coming to an online forum and chatting randomly with his many fans. Tenta was a man I picked based on odds not on desire and, while I like the points, I don't like that they had to come from him.

Funny how the one person on my list that I would have been OK with beating the odds, didn't. In that respect, I sure hope Ronnie Biggs beats the odds and lives another decade!

• Like 1

very sad john tenta was great as earthquake, he played a great heel, had a good feud with hulk hogan, r.i.p

pro wrestling legend crazy luke graham dies

Another legend passes on.

Grady Johnson, who is better known to long-time wrestling fans as "Crazy Luke" Graham, passed away sometime yesterday. The early cause of death is heart failure.

Graham got his wrestling name in the 1960's; when he was the tag team partner of Dr. Jerry Graham. "Crazy Luke" was a headliner all over North America, hitting all of the major territories during his prime. Graham is a former WWWF Tag Team Champion.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/42177//

bob orton sr, father of bob orton jr and grandfather of randy orton dies

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/ortonsrpasses

Bob Orton, Sr., the patriarch of the famous Orton wrestling family, passed away on Sunday night. Orton, Sr. was the father of WWE Hall of Famer Cowboy Bob Orton and former WWE star Barry “O” Orton, as well as the grandfather of current RAW Superstar Randy Orton.

Certainly remember 'Judo' Al Hayes as he was known here. Used to be a councillor in Westminster.

And on the subject of Mick McManus, he turned 79 in January. Still looks in good health and attends the Wrestlers' Reunion in Dartford every year.

Wow, just noticed you said it's in Dartford. I only live a drunken walk home from there (about 5 miles), when & where about is it held?

I only live a drunken walk home from there (about 5 miles)

Ah yes, a good 20 minutes! <_<

Ah yes, a good 20 minutes! ;)

Swiftly followed by a torturous couple of hours. Especially in Winter, when the beer jacket & compass set purchased from the pub over the course of the evening suddenly stop working. <_<

Ah yes, a good 20 minutes! :D

Swiftly followed by a torturous couple of hours. Especially in Winter, when the beer jacket & compass set purchased from the pub over the course of the evening suddenly stop working. :lol:

No, they work...you're just passed out.....or maybe that only happened to me....

and whatever happened to my all time favorite Sgt.Slaughter?

and whatever happened to my all time favorite Sgt.Slaughter?

He is now a road agent/talent scout for the WWE

These wrestlers don't have much luck with their health. Sean "Shocker" Evans has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Chances of a UK obit? I'd say zero :(

These wrestlers don't have much luck with their health. Sean "Shocker" Evans has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Chances of a UK obit? I'd say zero :(

Never heard of him, to be fair - says he has appeared on WWE television many times. I imagine as a jobber.

Interestingly, just how many wrestlers would get a UK obit?

Hulk Hogan

The Rock

Jesse Ventura (okay, that's cheating)

But there aren't many.

Would Vince McMahon himself get one?

Never heard of him, to be fair - says he has appeared on WWE television many times. I imagine as a jobber.

Interestingly, just how many wrestlers would get a UK obit?

Hulk Hogan

The Rock

Jesse Ventura (okay, that's cheating)

But there aren't many.

Would Vince McMahon himself get one?

Mick McManus, mentioned by TLC, would definitely get one.

WWF? Pah! It's not enough that they're always banging on about some conservation project or other, trying to stop me poaching Black Rhinos and such-like; now they're wrestling too? Has the world gone quite mad?

The wrestler Michael Alfonso, better known as 'Mike Awesome' has hanged himself aged 41. According to Wiki one of his signature moves was called 'The Suicide Dive'

The wrestler Michael Alfonso, better known as 'Mike Awesome' has hanged himself aged 41. According to Wiki one of his signature moves was called 'The Suicide Dive'

How apt! :rolleyes:

It must be all the steroids. They bring on not only great harm to your body, but trouble your mind. Now all we need is for Hulk Hogans daughter to become some elusive model, and Hogan goes over the edge.

wwe hall of famer arnold skaaland dies

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/skaalandpasses

Golden Boy” Arnold Skaaland, a WWE Hall of Famer and a member of the WWE family for over a half-century, passed away Tuesday at the age of 82, with his wife, Betty, by his side.

Arnie was involved in virtually every aspect of sports-entertainment, from grappling to managing to promoting. During the era of the World Wide Wrestling Federation, Skaaland was a stockholder of Capitol Wrestling Corporation, and a producer of live events at the Westchester County Center.

Sonny Myers a legend and a character (apparently) has died aged 83.

stooping to new lows every week. I'm glad I haven't watched wrasslin' in years.

He'll either be on camera by the end of the week with a bunch of makeup to make it look like he's injured (in a hospital bed), or he's going to disappear for a little while and come back with the whole 'faked his own death' storyline. Other option, there's always the 'Evil Twin Brother' possibility.

"Sensational" Sherri Martel has died:

Sensational Sherri passes away

Sherri Russell aka Sensational Sherri Martel passed away, believed to be this morning at home. She was 49.

No other details are available at the moment. Police are currently at her residence with her husband.

In 1991, while managing Randy Savage, Sherri was the only woman ever to win the Manager of the Year award.

• Like 1