DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Almost certainly, although there is an outside chance that he will last a few months. :rolleyes:

No chance in hell - Miser. I'll give Archbishop Christodoulos until February.

• Like 1

Doctors re-examine treatment as pain strikes ailing archbishop

Doctors were said to be troubled yesterday by the pain felt by Archbishop Christodoulos. The head of the Church of Greece is battling liver cancer but doctors were concerned by that fact that he was in so much pain and were considering changing his medication. Christodoulos has refused to go to the hospital for treatment and is mostly confined to his bed at his home in Palaio Psychico, northern Athens.

Crowd pleasers the Greek media eh? Not like their tight lipped colleagues in Cuba last year.

Ian Cundy's home page includes a link to the press release about his health and the information that the post of secretary to the bishop is currently vacant. One to watch closely. Unless a DL'er in the area fancies enquiring about that secretary's job!

Medics say Christodoulos’s health has worsened

The team of eight doctors treating Archbishop Christodoulos yesterday issued a statement confirming that the ailing cleric's health had worsened. "His condition has deteriorated further," according to the statement, which described him "as extremely fatigued."

Medics said the archbishop, who is fighting liver cancer, could continue to be treated at home, according to his wishes. They said they were suspending his anti-cancer treatment, as he has been in great pain, but would continue to treat the symptoms

It's not all doom and gloom in East European ecclesiastical circles, I'm delighted to report that the health of Patriarch Pavle of Serbia has improved.

The 93-year-old head of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC) now exhibits all vital parameters within the referent values, the VMA clinic announced Monday. :ghost:

The Serbian patriarch is lucid, communicative and actively cooperates in the implementation of treatment procedures and the rehabilitation program, the doctors say.

Pavle looks like a tough old bugger, this is about the fourth time he has been "near death" before rallying again.

Scandal mired "Archbishop" Earl Pearly Paulk Jnr, the founder of The Cathedral of the Holy Spirit at Chapel Hill Harvester Church in Atlanta, one of the world's first "megachurches", is about to be arrested and charged with perjury.

The article mentions that he has been suffering from cancer for the last couple of years, this article from early 2006 mentions that he has had surgery to remove his bladder and prostate along with part of his colon.

I think he'd get a UK obit, The Daily Telegraph did a story on him only last November, concerning some of his extra marital activities.

could be soon for Christodoulos

Archbishop Christodoulos, who turns 69 today, is increasingly frail, unable to eat much or communicate frequently with his family and aides, his spokespersons said yesterday. Meanwhile, debate about who will succeed the ailing archbishop intensified amid rumors that the telephone of an unidentified bishop had been tapped.

Also Happy Birthday to Christodoulos

could be soon for Christodoulos

Archbishop Christodoulos, who turns 69 today, is increasingly frail, unable to eat much or communicate frequently with his family and aides, his spokespersons said yesterday. Meanwhile, debate about who will succeed the ailing archbishop intensified amid rumors that the telephone of an unidentified bishop had been tapped.

Also Happy Birthday to Christodoulos

Here is a little more....I hereby retract my matter of "a few months" prediction. He could go at anytime. This sounds like the article that comes out right before the person passes.

The health of Archbishop Christodoulos :banghead: , head of the powerful Church of Greece, is deteriorating and doctors say he will now receive medical treatment at home according to his own wishes.

Archbishop Christodoulos, 68, who was instrumental in improving ties between the Vatican and the Orthodox Church, was diagnosed with cancer in June and flew to Miami in August to wait for a compatible liver donor.

But an attempted transplant operation was cancelled due to his deteriorating health and the leader of about 10 million Orthodox Greeks returned to Athens for medical treatment.

"The archbishop remains at the official residence and is being treated there," a Church of Greece official said on Tuesday. "He has expressed the wish not to return to hospital."

Doctors confirmed late on Monday his health had taken a turn for the worse.

"Archbishop Christodoulos...showed a further deterioration of his clinical condition with his powers weakening," his medical team said in a statement.

Elected Archbishop of Athens and all of Greece in 1998, Christodoulos tried to mend ties with the Vatican. In 2001 he received Pope John Paul II, the first pope to visit Greece in more than 1,000 years.

The Western Church and world Orthodoxy split from each other in the schism of 1054.

Since he was diagnosed with cancer, he has only made brief public appearances, mainly outside his residence, greeted by dozens of well-wishers.

Archbishop's health

Archbishop Christodoulos yesterday underwent an operation for the removal of liquid that has gathered in his stomach and chest over the course of his anti-cancer therapy and has been hindering his breathing. The 69-year-old archbishop was breathing more easily after the operation but is still very weak, doctors said.

Christodoulos weak

Archbishop Christodoulos was still weak yesterday but slightly better than a few days ago when his breathing was difficult, doctors said. The fact that the heart and kidneys of the 69-year-old archbishop are functioning well is encouraging, doctors said. The condition of Christodoulos, who was diagnosed with cancer last summer, has deteriorated significantly over the past few weeks.

So now is the time to start taking bids of when Archbishop Christodolous of Greece will add eight points to our DDP scores 'or 16 for some of us'

I'm going to say he loses his fight on February 2.

So now is the time to start taking bids of when Archbishop Christodolous of Greece will add eight points to our DDP scores 'or 16 for some of us'

Valentine's Day :)

Valentine's Day ;)

It would be better if he passes away, one day before ( Feb 13th )

That would be an extra 2 points for those teams that chose him :)

Valentine's Day ;)

That would be an extra 2 points for those teams that chose him :)

Amen to that....;)

Valentine's Day :lol:

That would be an extra 2 points for those teams that chose him :party:

Amen to that....:)

Christodoulos has died.

Guest Guest_dave_*

and wit the news that the leader of the Mormons Gordon Hinckley also having died could my choice for next deathlist hit Billy Graham make it a holy trinity? :party:

Guest Guest_dave_*

and if im really lucky maybe thi slink

will work too

Wonder which will be greater, the ructions and political machinations in the Greek Orthodox Church or the Richter Scale registering of deadpool points on our man Christodoulos.

That's my number one on the HPDP sorted!

BBC Link for Christodoulos...

now that Suharto and Christodoulos have gone, I'll have to find a hobby :rolleyes:

BBC Link for Christodoulos...

now that Suharto and Christodoulos have gone, I'll have to find a hobby :rolleyes:

Please make it:Patriarch Pavle of Serbia

So it's about time ... The now former Archbishop of Greece is dead - January 28th 2008 and my gamble of when it was going down has proved itself the closest of all. And ... His death just puts the Master Mind team a little closer ... to first place.