Cowboy Ronnie

Hugo Chavez

Guest John

I think he should definitely be on the 2013 list, if he is still alive on January 1, 2013.

I think he should definitely be on the 2013 list, if he is still alive on January 1, 2013.

I'd concur, definitely one to watch

Guest Guest

An 'emotional' Chavez has 'said goodbye' to the people of Venezuela and is flying to Cuba for urgent cancer treatment. Experts are saying all the signs are that he may have only weeks left to live and that this surgery only has a slim to no chance of saving hi s life .In other words Hugo Chavez will die either by the end of this year or early 2013.The only question is which is it. http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-20656441

An 'emotional' Chavez has 'said goodbye' to the people of Venezuela and is flying to Cuba for urgent cancer treatment. Experts are saying all the signs are that he may have only weeks left to live and that this surgery only has a slim to no chance of saving hi s life .In other words Hugo Chavez will die either by the end of this year or early 2013.The only question is which is it. http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-20656441

I think your interpretation of the article is a little draconian, but the part about him never having named a successor before is interesting.

I guess we will be seeing Chavez and Castro depart within weeks if not days from one another. They must be lubricating the pitchforks in hell already.

Venezuela President Chavez's cancer surgery 'successful', BBC reports. Whatever that means.

regards,

Hein

Venezuela President Chavez's cancer surgery 'successful', BBC reports. Whatever that means.

regards,

Hein

Means that he survived the operation.

Guest Guest

It means he was exagerating the seriousness of it so that he can now proclaim himself as the risen mesiah who has miraculously recovered and rule for another 30 yrears

Venezuelan officials have taken a much more somber tone than the earlier report, as his Vice-President and would-be-successor says Chavez faces a "complex and difficult" recovery; and ask that Venezuelans understand if Chavez isn't back in Venezuela by January 10th, the date of his inauguration.

Venezuelan officials have taken a much more somber tone than the earlier report, as his Vice-President and would-be-successor says Chavez faces a "complex and difficult" recovery; and ask that Venezuelans understand if Chavez isn't back in Venezuela by January 10th, the date of his inauguration.

Sounds like a great Wildcard candidate.

Guest Guest

interesting.Make sure he's on the list

Hugo is starting to sound like this year's Kim Jong-il. It might be too late to pick him. ...not too late for me though.

Guest Guest

Hugo Chavez R.I.P

I guess we will be seeing Chavez and Castro depart within weeks if not days from one another. They must be lubricating the pitchforks in hell already.

No, that set of pitchforks are for Bush and Cheney, Obama and Hilary. The ones for Chavez and Castro are in the other corner.

If he makes it, he has to be a strong candidate for No.1, notwithstanding Cecil, Winner or people like Bernie Nolan...Global coverage should be considered for the DL list. DDP is a different deal....its a test of judgement....does someone get an obit because they are someone's mother or appeared on a TV show. I enjoy both but I like to see the DL 50 have a little more gravitis. Bob Dole should be top 10 as well. Maybe GHW Bush gets in next to the Thatcher. jmho

BBC reporting that he now has a "respiratory infection" but is "stable"

No, that set of pitchforks are for Bush and Cheney, Obama and Hilary. The ones for Chavez and Castro are in the other corner.

In which case what weapon of torture would Margaret Thatcher require?

In which case what weapon of torture would Margaret Thatcher require?

All of them.

Just to be sure.

• Like 2