millwall32

Alex Higgins (And Snooker)

I want the finals to be Angles vs Fu, but I fear this will never happen. By the way, why is Selby called the Jester (just because it rhymes with Leicester?), because he is as wooden as a plank

Yes, or somebody had a severe attack of sarcasm syndrome.

I suppose it could have been uncle fester from leicester or something or...... ach make your own up.

I'd still sooner have him than Ronnie, at least he's not an arse (or obviously an arse anyway).

It's because when he first come on the scene he actually laughed and joked at the table. That was before he became a grind merchant.

Hoping for Ding V Fu. I want the best players in 10-15 years and only a Chinese win can guarantee that.

I want the finals to be Angles vs Fu, but I fear this will never happen. By the way, why is Selby called the Jester (just because it rhymes with Leicester?), because he is as wooden as a plank

Yes, or somebody had a severe attack of sarcasm syndrome.

I suppose it could have been uncle fester from leicester or something or...... ach make your own up.

I'd still sooner have him than Ronnie, at least he's not an arse (or obviously an arse anyway).

It's because when he first come on the scene he actually laughed and joked at the table. That was before he became a grind merchant.

Hoping for Ding V Fu. I want the best players in 10-15 years and only a Chinese win can guarantee that.

Marco Fu is from Hong Kong which technically is not China

Willie Thorne still bankrupt, still battling prostate cancer, sort of asks for three million pounds:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cancer-stricken-willie-thorne-recovering-7456686

He'll have a second biopsy soon.

Also gambling again despite previously saying it almost drove him to suicide. Such a tragic story, his.

Willie Thorne still bankrupt, still battling prostate cancer, sort of asks for three million pounds:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cancer-stricken-willie-thorne-recovering-7456686

Also gambling again despite previously saying it almost drove him to suicide. Such a tragic story, his.

Oh I don't know, I read that article from your link. He's still got a commentating job with the BBC that presumably pays more than shelf stacking at lidl or digging up roads, it says his 'house' is mortgaged and his cars (note the plural) are leased, he stuck 'only 20 quid' into a FOBT it was nothing....

I'm not saying a gambling addiction isn't bad news, unfortunate? Maybe, but his work and financial situation has some way to fall compared to a lot of the rest of us before it exactly qualifies as 'tragic' in my view. You've got to be able to borrow a million quid to get a million in debt, try that at the local HSBC and let us know ;)

• Like 1

Oh I don't know, I read that article from your link. He's still got a commentating job with the BBC that presumably pays more than shelf stacking at lidl or digging up roads, it says his 'house' is mortgaged and his cars (note the plural) are leased, he stuck 'only 20 quid' into a FOBT it was nothing....

I'm not saying a gambling addiction isn't bad news, unfortunate? Maybe, but his work and financial situation has some way to fall compared to a lot of the rest of us before it exactly qualifies as 'tragic' in my view. You've got to be able to borrow a million quid to get a million in debt, try that at the local HSBC and let us know ;)

He's still over a million quid in debt. A BBC Snooker commentary job is barely going to dent that as it's only for about 5 weeks a year - and he'll be paid per event not year these days. The comment about it being nothing is probably relative to the £20,000 he gambled on one bet at a race a few years ago. But almost all studies into addiction show that cold turkey works and if you keep in at a lower level you're going to be more susceptible to falling into addiction.

• Like 1

Cardboard box under Vauxhall bridge, food from the bins round the back of Tesco's, maybe a dog on a string. Or.... house, multiple cars, job on the telly.

Tragedy? it's all relative.

• Haha 1

Front of a tabloid today, hunched over a slot machine.

The quiet Gazza, eh?

• Like 1

Guess the sour prick did not have £200 on his local side Leicester City to win the Premiership. That one bet would have cleared the £ 1 million debt hole he has dug himself into.

He should have a large blue letter L tattooed on his forehead.

• Like 1

Guess the sour prick did not have £200 on his local side Leicester City to win the Premiership. That one bet would have cleared the £ 1 million debt hole he has dug himself into.

He should have a large blue letter L tattooed on his forehead.

Plenty of forehead to go at, so the large letter would fit

He's still over a million quid in debt. A BBC Snooker commentary job is barely going to dent that as it's only for about 5 weeks a year - and he'll be paid per event not year these days. The comment about it being nothing is probably relative to the £20,000 he gambled on one bet at a race a few years ago. But almost all studies into addiction show that cold turkey works and if you keep in at a lower level you're going to be more susceptible to falling into addiction.

Bankrupt Willie Thorne: "I'm potless, penniless. Even the Sky TV has been cut off"

He has just been given a six year bankruptcy restriction for debts totalling £453,200 – money he borrowed from friends and acquaintances and which The Insolvency Service said he had "no reasonable expectation of repaying".

Bankrupt Willie Thorne: "I'm potless, penniless. Even the Sky TV has been cut off"

He has just been given a six year bankruptcy restriction for debts totalling £453,200 – money he borrowed from friends and acquaintances and which The Insolvency Service said he had "no reasonable expectation of repaying".

Meh, it seems he earns enough money but he just can't deal with it properly, i.e. when there's the snooker break.

Snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan has said he was in hospital for "four or five days" following a breakdown at the Snooker World Championships in 2016.

I'm just happy to post something in here after 18 months in the doldrums.
SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan has said he was in hospital for "four or five days" following a breakdown at the Snooker World Championships in 2016.

I'm just happy to post something in here after 18 months in the doldrums.
SC

I make it 10 months......

• Like 1

Out of boredom I looked at the winners of Pot Black. Only till 86 obviously, as an abomination after that.

Ray Reardon 8/10/32

John Spencer 18/9/35-11/7/06

Graham Miles 11/5/41- 12/10/14

Eddie Charlton 31/10/29- 8/12/04

Perrie Mans 14/10/40

Doug Mountjoy 8/6/42

Cliff Thorburn 16/1/48

Steve Davis 23/8/57

Terry Griffith 16/10/47

Jimmy White 2/5/62

Surprised Mans is still above the pocket, and Davis will outlive them all by 20/30 years.

• Like 2

Good job that Ali Carter v Ronnie O'Sullivan finished their match in that session or they might have been lamping eachother at the table with potential for one of them ending up on this list from injuries.

Yet again the players being wombats off the table is going to overshadow the actual match. 

On 17/03/2018 at 13:45, charon said:

Out of boredom I looked at the winners of Pot Black. Only till 86 obviously, as an abomination after that.

Ray Reardon 8/10/32

John Spencer 18/9/35-11/7/06

Graham Miles 11/5/41- 12/10/14

Eddie Charlton 31/10/29- 8/12/04

Perrie Mans 14/10/40

Doug Mountjoy 8/6/42

Cliff Thorburn 16/1/48

Steve Davis 23/8/57

Terry Griffith 16/10/47

Jimmy White 2/5/62

Surprised Mans is still above the pocket, and Davis will outlive them all by 20/30 years.

A mate of mine last Tuesday told me with complete confidence that Reardon was dead.

Q/O a shoo-in when he does go.

If dead it wid be public, all of them are certs for obits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

A mate of mine last Tuesday told me with complete confidence that Reardon was dead.

Q/O a shoo-in when he does go.

No way Reardon would die with obiting. 

Your snooker forum still active Deathers?

Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Boudicca said:

Your snooker forum still active Deathers?

Asking for a friend.

Active in so much as the admin fucked off and one extremely mardy mod only posts to berate the decent amount of other posters.... but the sites online and posted on a fair bit yes. 

• Haha 1

Thank you. Lolol at your description.

Sounds a bit like DL tbh :lol:

At least (hopefully) MK isn't trolling it any more.

On 29/04/2018 at 00:58, Boudicca said:

Thank you. Lolol at your description.

Sounds a bit like DL tbh :lol:

At least (hopefully) MK isn't trolling it any more.

oh that one. That got deleted, thought you meant the one I use. 

Lovely game - always liked Mark Williams, in spite, or probably because he always looks like a wet bag of sand.

However, it seems to me as if the post-Stephen Hendry generation (O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams) represents the peak of the game and will not be improved upon.

Nah.

The next wave of Chinese robot clone players is about to hit.

Century after century, 147's after 147's.

And it will be boring as fuck.