Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Well, I guess my following statement will qualify. I don't care. I don't think Thailand's authorities monitor this forum for content offending to their monarch, but should they do, I don't think they'll start legal procedures against foreigners they cannot reach. I don't intend to visit their, it must be said, attractive country.

I don't care about king Bhumibol. I don't love him, I don't hate him, I'm indifferent. I dislike monarchy as a form of government, but that changes little in the way I appreciate ruling monarchs: I care not. As for king Bhumibol's health: may it be as good as can be expected and he live as long as he wishes.

I leave you with the thought that critical of the government is not the same as lese majeste.

Back in the early ninties when I worked for a certain Nationalised Coal mining organisation we had some Chinese interns with us for a few months and they would spend time with us in the labs. Of course working from British Coal and criticizing the government of the day went hand in hand but this poor Chinese lad used to sit listening to us very nervously watching the door all the time. He later said that he was shocked about how we talked about our Government all the time in critical terms, people who do that in China ( he hesistated looking for the right word) .....disappear.

Made me think about the freedoms we have that we take for granted.

We should never take hard won freedoms and rights for granted. That's why I support and defend the US Constitution.

A person insults his dog, gets arrested, dog dies 2 weeks later. Insult Bhumibol himself, get arrested... see where this is going?

Of course, 2 weeks after I enter Thailand, the king will be dead.

• Like 1

oh FFS just die already you old bastard !

This HAS to be it this time. The guy is a bigger tease than Zsa Zsa!

She may have been on her deathbed in 2010 already, but not much has happened since. Bhumibol, on the other hand, has 20 health crisises per year!

Guest Guest

oh FFS just die already you old bastard !

This HAS to be it this time. The guy is a bigger tease than Zsa Zsa!

She may have been on her deathbed in 2010 already, but not much has happened since. Bhumibol, on the other hand, has 20 health crisises per year!

the key word is 'recovering' . ps when I said old bastard I was referring to the King not the poster

^^ I'm guessing you're not posting from Thailand.

Great. Another month, another hospital visit for Bhumibol.

I think he doesn't even leave the hospital anymore. He's been there for the majority of the past 5 years...

They've repatedly treated him well (or at least well enough to survive) with antibiotics, but as a result, his immune system is destroyed, so now he gets ill every couple of weeks. But I guess his organs and circulatory system must still be in good shape, or else he would have died long ago.

I think he doesn't even leave the hospital anymore. He's been there for the majority of the past 5 years...

They've repatedly treated him well (or at least well enough to survive) with antibiotics, but as a result, his immune system is destroyed, so now he gets ill every couple of weeks. But I guess his organs and circulatory system must still be in good shape, or else he would have died long ago.

I know it's like Zsa Zsa he is being kept alive when in reality both of there bodies are buggered and if nature was allowed to take it's course they would of both been dead years ago but because of who they are and the money they have available they are both being cruelly kept alive when in reality it would be kinder if they were both left to die with dignity an animal would be treated better, the only real question is who will finally snuff it first Zsa Zsa or Bhumibol Adulyadej.

• Like 1

I know it's like Zsa Zsa he is being kept alive when in reality both of there bodies are buggered and if nature was allowed to take it's course they would of both been dead years ago but because of who they are and the money they have available they are both being cruelly kept alive when in reality it would be kinder if they were both left to die with dignity an animal would be treated better, the only real question is who will finally snuff it first Zsa Zsa or Bhumibol Adulyadej.

They probably have more justification in keeping him alive.

I do not think there is going to be rioting in the streets if Zsa Zsa dies

All though there maybe a lot of cross Deathlisters if she doesn't

• Like 1

The health of ภูมิพลอดุลยเดช has improved, apparently.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/world/article/Palace-Health-of-Thai-king-improving-still-has-6839280.php

So it looks like both Zsa Zsa and Bumhole trolled us... again!

Those two will never die, they will still be around in 10 years time, they are indestructible.

• Like 1

Aw FFS, him and Glen Campbell reviving in the same month, it's doing nowt for my sense of well being.

• Like 1

Aw FFS, him and Glen Campbell reviving in the same month, it's doing nowt for my sense of well being.

This reminds me of the last few months of Suharto, his health was back and forth for a while.

Guest Guest

the KIng of Thailand will die this weekend. Glen Campbell will follow soon after. Put money on it !

the KIng of Thailand will die this weekend. Glen Campbell will follow soon after. Put money on it !

Have you booked a trip to Thailand this weekend?

Aren't you the same guy who said that Prince Phillip died as an April Fool's joke last year, and that Billy Graham will be "dead within a week" back in November?

There were a couple of more examples I can't think of right now.

• Like 1

Have you booked a trip to Thailand this weekend?

For a "Country and Western" convention obviously, place is well known for them. Why else would anyone visit Thailand?

Aren't you the same guy who said that Prince Phillip died as an April Fool's joke last year, and that Billy Graham will be "dead within a week" back in November?

There were a couple of more examples I can't think of right now.

RadGuy, you're just encouraging him. Leave off!