He's appearing at the Edinburgh Festival again in a few weeks - been doing it for years. And he hands out Smarties to lucky punters who endure his show. I'm not sure he's ready for the final Sale of the Century.

I'm ready to blow a whistle when his 80 years of life have elapsed...

As the grains of Nicholas Parsons' life drain away, once more it is our pleasure to welcome our many readers, not only in this country but throughout the world

• Like 1

New series of Just a Minute starts tonight on Radio 4.

OK so these are all pre-recorded but I don't think he will go this year (or next)

I am going to declare Nicolas safe for this year but to celebrate and provoke discussion I have attached a list of those currently living Just a Minute guests who have notched up more than 20 appearances (? - on the radio).

All the originals are dead and Linda Smith and Wendy Richard were also on the list but are no longer with us.

I think Andre Melly is an interesting potential future pick as she is also George Melly's sister. Presence on this list alone almost guarantees a UK Obit for any of these.

I am going to declare Nicolas safe for this year but to celebrate and provoke discussion I have attached a list of those currently living Just a Minute guests who have notched up more than 20 appearances (? - on the radio).

All the originals are dead and Linda Smith and Wendy Richard were also on the list but are no longer with us.

I think Andre Melly is an interesting potential future pick as she is also George Melly's sister. Presence on this list alone almost guarantees a UK Obit for any of these.

Andrée Melly could also be included in the thread for Hancock's Half Hour as she played Tony's girlfriend in the 2nd series

Perkins is younger than me. That's shit.

Perkins is younger than me. That's shit.

Whay hay that probably means I am too. :D

Technically she is younger than me but the gap is so narrow I would claim we were the same age!

I couldn't believe Aimi McDonald was over 70.

Guest Markybloke

He was on This Week with Andrew Neil last week. Looked 20 years younger than his age. I don't think he's going anywhere soon

I think that his stint working in the Glasgow shipyards has made Nick indestructible.

I agree, I don't believe this guy's really 90 and I think he might be a bit of a wasted space if he appears on next year's list. A charming and immensely likeable waste of space but a waste nonetheless. Seriously this guy's a fraud, no way is he 90. We need to start an American-right-wing style "WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?" campaign about it.

• Like 2

I propose Nicholas Parsons as the next DL ambassador.

Fraud. He's the youngest looking 90 year old I've seen. Wasn't it common for tv and radio personalties to lie about there age to get certain roles back then, maybe he stuck with it?

Considering we got proof Al Molinaro was still alive shortly after people were wondering, I bet Nicholas Hussein Parsons will be publishing his birth certificate in just a minute.

Anyone fancy a night out to see how he's looking?

There was an interview with Julain Clary recently about David Tennent being on Just A Minute and he did say that it is now always recorded at the BBC Radio Theatre rather than touring round the country as it used to.

I still wouldn't pick him for next year though.

92 Today! :birthday::birthday2::party:

I do take my hat off to Nickel arse.

He recently was driven, by his grandson, to a classic car show where he posed, a la Sale of the Century, next to a Mini Clubman.

By all accounts he was only too happy to mingle and talk to the classic car journos and public.

I used to think he was a pompous twat when he did Sale of the Century but ive come to realise that he is a British Broadcasting Legend, FACT.

Bless ya Nick!!

• Like 1

He's a few years past the average life expectancy for a British man; so looking his age might involve ashes and an urn.

Granted he's frail; but I'm not adding him to my 2017 talent pool just yet.

In 2012, it was the 45th anniversary of Just A Minute, and the BBC made a big fuss about it as "people were worried Nicholas wouldn't live to see the 50th". Due to old age rather than pressing medical issues, of course. He's 12 months off making it now.

• Like 2

Whilst he looks a bit older than when I last saw him pictured I still still think he looks a few years younger than 92.I think it was wise to leave him off this year.Still working and walking about (albeit with a stick) and has no known health problems or even rumours of any health problems.