Sign in to follow this  
Guest deathgal

60 Minutes

Bob --not Sam -- Simon from 60 Minutes dies in car crash.

Sir C

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/60-minutes-bob-simon-dead-023754190.html

That's actually quite a sad way to go. After going off and reporting in various war zones over the years, only to be killed in a traffic accident.

Er........ (from the story):

60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon died Wednesday evening in a car accident in New York.

Yes, I'm fully aware of where he was killed. My point (since you're oblivious to it) was that he had been in Vietnam, Iraq, Northern Ireland..etc reporting on the fighting within these countries. Not exactly right at the front line, but still in a dangerous territory, only to be driving around Manhattan and be killed off that way.

• Like 1

Sir C

That's actually quite a sad way to go. After going off and reporting in various war zones over the years, only to be killed in a traffic accident.

60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon died Wednesday evening in a car accident in New York.

Yes, I'm fully aware of where he was killed. My point (since you're oblivious to it) was that he had been in Vietnam, Iraq, Northern Ireland..etc reporting on the fighting within these countries. Not exactly right at the front line, but still in a dangerous territory, only to be driving around Manhattan and be killed off that way.

I think Zorders was displaying subtle humour based on the well known social conflicts in New York (vagrants v cops, gangs v cops etc) that's flown over your head to the same distance the planes flew over mist new yorkers heads back in 2001.

• Like 2

Sir C

I think Zorders was displaying subtle humour based on the well known social conflicts in New York (vagrants v cops, gangs v cops etc) that's flown over your head to the same distance the planes flew over mist new yorkers heads back in 2001.

I think you'll find that sort of violence happens in most other parts of NYC, a fair portion of Manhattan (where the crash happened) is actually fairly safe unless you're closer to The Bronx,

• Like 1

On 26/03/2015 at 10:38, Sir Creep said:

Lara Logan now even banned from Newsmax:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/20/media/newsmax-lara-logan-ban/index.html

"In a bizarre interview, Logan told host Eric Bolling that “the open border is Satan’s way of taking control of the world,” and later added that the world’s elites “want us eating insects [and] cockroaches” while they “dine on the blood of children.”

It's hard to tell now where political opinion ends and mental illness begins.

As a memory refresher, she was sexually assaulted during the Arab Spring (in 2011) and that caused her hospitalisation (in 2015), internal bleeding and all.

• Like 2