Sign in to follow this  
Guest deathgal

60 Minutes

Perhaps we can make the most of this thread and use it to discuss other people from 60 Minutes?

I know a lot of them are fairly old, but none are all that infirm to my knowledge... ;)

This a fabulous idea C.P. You must be commended for this divine suggestion.

To respond to your sarcasm, this thread used to be titled "Arthur Bloom" before some kindly mod took up my suggestion and changed it into a 60 Minutes thread. :lol:

There is no reason to take that tone with me young man. I merely applauded you for an idea and right off you decided to launch into an attack. Between you and your possible cohort Tempus Fugit, I am being soundly throttled and thrashed, and I must say I do not like it one bit, not one bit.

There is no reason to take that tone with me young man. I merely applauded you for an idea and right off you decided to launch into an attack. Between you and your possible cohort Tempus Fugit, I am being soundly throttled and thrashed, and I must say I do not like it one bit, not one bit.
Or you could have just said, "I wasn't being sarcastic", you'd have probably got an apology and that would have been that. The phrase 'divine suggestion' appears so over the top for applauding a quite good idea it seems reasonable to me that he would presume you were being sarcastic.

I do honestly applaud you for your massive leap of logic to deduce a Tempus/CP conspiracy from a fairly mild suggestion from CP, and an inoffensive (I think) signature from TF with your login name in it. I also think that the schoolmaster 'tone' (insofar as you can type a tone without adding smilies) that you try and take is certainly an exciting approach to take.

Out of interest, who's doing the throttling and who's doing the thrashing? ;)

Or you could have just said, "I wasn't being sarcastic", you'd have probably got an apology and that would have been that. The phrase 'divine suggestion' appears so over the top for applauding a quite good idea it seems reasonable to me that he would presume you were being sarcastic.

I do honestly applaud you for your massive leap of logic to deduce a Tempus/CP conspiracy from a fairly mild suggestion from CP, and an inoffensive (I think) signature from TF with your login name in it. I also think that the schoolmaster 'tone' (insofar as you can type a tone without adding smilies) that you try and take is certainly an exciting approach to take.

Out of interest, who's doing the throttling and who's doing the thrashing? ;)

You're such a sweetie TLC, always trying to tone down the bitterness and hoping for all to shake hands and make friends again. You seem quite good at calming angry situations and being very diplomatic in your suggestions to those concerned. Are you a teacher or a police constable by any chance?

As for Cerf's response to Canadian Paul, he's obviously trying to wind people up. Best to just ignore him, I think.

You're such a sweetie TLC, always trying to tone down the bitterness and hoping for all to shake hands and make friends again. You seem quite good at calming angry situations and being very diplomatic in your suggestions to those concerned. Are you a teacher or a police constable by any chance?
Why thank you Six, being called sweetie is much better than accusations of being a wet, fence-sitter type; a more usual accusation, although I've been pleased with the lack of such accusations on the DL so far. Plus, being a sweetie is a confirmation of the raw aggressive manliness that I display in my posting style, or so I choose to believe. ;)

I'm not a policeman or teacher though, just an admin monkey for an IFA firm in the city. I'm not confrontational or authoritative enough to be either of your guesses I'm afraid. Kids and criminals can both smell deference and uncertainty a mile off, and unfortunately it's my natural odour. :lol: Not even a liberal dosage of Lynx Voodoo can hide that, for all it's manly bouquet. :(

Six wrote:

Are you a teacher or a police constable by any chance?

:lol::lol::lol:

Although, judging from that enormous digit he's wagging around in his profile pic I think TLC could actually do well in either profession. I would imagine that oversized forefingers are very handy to have when lecturing unruly pupils or lager lout chavs.

Out of interest, who's doing the throttling and who's doing the thrashing? :lol:

As for Cerf's response to Canadian Paul, he's obviously trying to wind people up. Best to just ignore him, I think.

Curses! For eons and eons, the secret society that TF and I are a part of have been secretely running world affairs and governments. Yet a few years back, we were shown a prophecy that one by the name of "Bennett Cerf" would appear on a forum called "Deathlist," and that he would be the star child that would rid the world of our society. Obviously, we could not let this happen.

For years we bided our time, casually commenting on DL until the day when "The One" would appear on these boards and begin his posting rampage. Finally, when he did, I signaled for TF to return to these boards to launch our assault (he had been in deep meditation, preparing for the final battle of course). We knew that the only way to destroy this Bennett Cerf was thus:

1. Lob mild comments in his direction

2. ???

3. Profit!

But the war is not over yet. You may have defeat us in this round Lord Cerf but, rest assured, we have already kidnapped your oracle, The Baroness of Irushikia, and when we sacrifice her to the dragon of the volcano, your powers will be naught. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I must commend you though, I thought we would have the final battle right here, right now.

In honour of TLC's avatar I must add:

"And we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

:lol:

Seriously though, thank you TLC and Six for sticking up for me, I really appreciate it. I think you're both shining examples of what a DL member should be! :lol:

!

But the war is not over yet. You may have defeat us in this round Lord Cerf but, rest assured, we have already kidnapped your oracle, The Baroness of Irushikia, and when we sacrifice her to the dragon of the volcano, your powers will be naught. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was my maid, Marta. You can keep her and do whatever you wish with her, I still have Diego to tend to my needs.

Ed Bradley of '60 Minutes' dies of leukemia at the age of 65

edited to say:-

Just noticed CP posted the same info in the "60 Minutes" thread. I forgot there was a seperate one going

[Posts moved from the Not Exactly Famous Thread - ff]

Ed Bradley of '60 Minutes' dies of leukemia at the age of 65

edited to say:-

Just noticed CP posted the same info in the "60 Minutes" thread. I forgot there was a seperate one going

Nor would I consider him "Not Famous Enough..." 19 Emmys and interviews with everyone from Timothy McVeigh to the players involved in the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case.

I haven't seen Headline News CNN make such a big deal about someone's death in ages.

Nor would I consider him "Not Famous Enough..." 19 Emmys and interviews with everyone from Timothy McVeigh to the players involved in the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case.

I haven't seen Headline News CNN make such a big deal about someone's death in ages.

Complete unknown in Britain though. Only the Guardian (so far) has reported his death, but they'll cover any death it seems.

Well who would have guessed this? Ed Bradley dead of leukemia, age 65.

Sad news indeed. He was one of the best American news correspondents.

Complete unknown in Britain though. Only the Guardian (so far) has reported his death, but they'll cover any death it seems.

I'd only really heard of him from when he interviewed Bob Dylan earlier this year.

The reporters on 60 Minutes are held in high esteem over here, Ed Bradley was one of the first major black news reporters in the US and because of his coverage of the Vietnam war he earnt his reputation in journalism.

I'd only really heard of him from when he interviewed Bob Dylan earlier this year.

The reporters on 60 Minutes are held in high esteem over here, Ed Bradley was one of the first major black news reporters in the US and because of his coverage of the Vietnam war he earnt his reputation in journalism.

I missed that interview, but somewhere along the lines I breifly heard of his illness but forgot entirely. I didn't expect this, I thought Mike Wallace might have had a heart attack or something, I was wrong.

Mike Wallace undergoes successful triple-bypass surgery, though I believe they overstate his age by a few months. Bonus: includes very recent picture. I hope to look that much younger when I'm 89.

Scratch that, I hope not to live until I'm 89. :sicktherm:

I ne ver have forgiven Ed Bradley for trying to kill me. MIke Wallace came much closer the other day when they showed him in connection to the newly dead Margaret Truman Daniel and said something about him approaching 90. (which I believe Canadian Paul just said) The sight of him was indeed frightening and made me spill my medicine jar contents.

Yesterday or there abouts they had a little service for Uncle Walt up at St.Bartholemew's Church. Dan Rather looked as if he was really miffed that he hadn't been selected as eulogist and his eyes were just popped open, nary a blink. Well, Dan will be dead one day adding to this 60 Minutes thread.

Then somewhat decrepit and now 90 years old, Andy Rooney hobbled up to the podium or lecturn or whatever they're called in a Church. Poor man started to fall apart. Began sobbing uncontrollably-------well maybe not that much. He apologized and stepped away. Turns out he and Uncle Walt have been together since World War 2. Working together all these years. With more than 60 years of friendship and workship I'd not be surprised if cousin Andy were next to pop off.

Andrew Aitken Rooney-January 14, 1919---------

Here we have a photo of him discsssing the second month of the year which according to one of the speakers at Uncle Walt's shindig, was a word Uncle Walt had trouble pronouncing correctly::

ANDY-ROONEY-February.jpg

Guest Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Is it a Christian country, or another one of those ' you know ' funny ones.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

You are rapidly beginning to get on my nerves...

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

You know what pal? You're really starting to fekin piss me off as well. Don't come onto a forum (run by Brits) and ask such an insulting question. And don't you think it's a tiny bit rude to judge a country by what religion dominates there? You can take your bible bashing and shove it up your arse for all I care. How dare you storm on here and take such an attitude with people who actually bother contributing to this site. Take a hint and get off of here.

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

You know what pal? You're really starting to fekin piss me off as well. Don't come onto a forum (run by Brits) and ask such an insulting question. And don't you think it's a tiny bit rude to judge a country by what religion dominates there? You can take your bible bashing and shove it up your arse for all I care. How dare you storm on here and take such an attitude with people who actually bother contributing to this site. Take a hint and get off of here.

Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that posting that will only make things worse, but it's always darkest before the dawn anyways...

Guest Bob Loblah

Well,

Is Britain a country or isn't it.

....or does it make up ' part ' of the UK which is considered by the world to be a country.

As for people thinking about the religion of a country ' in general '.....just what do you

think of when you think of Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or Afghanistan. Hmmmmmm....

wadsamadda...cat gotta your tongue.

And as for bible-bashing.......it's actually your reference to this expression that causes

so much killings in this world. My question included NO bible-bashing.

Pertinent to your statement that this is a site ' run by Brits ' .... go get yourself an

education. Whenever someone introduces a forum to the internet, it becomes open

to the Whole Wide World and really belongs to no-one...except it becomes administered

and monitored by the one who designed the forum. Go check it out and see if your

lightbulb comes on.

Finally, your remark about people ' contributing ' to the forum is somewhat facetious.

The better side of 50% consists of input that is of no interest to anyone.

....and you sir, are NO BRIT. At least not in words.

The Brits that Bob Loblah has met along the way would put you to shame.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

Yes, I'm aware that posting that will only make things worse, but it's always darkest before the dawn anyways...

Well,

Is Britain a country or isn't it.

....or does it make up ' part ' of the UK which is considered by the world to be a country.

As for people thinking about the religion of a country ' in general '.....just what do you

think of when you think of Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or Afghanistan. Hmmmmmm....

wadsamadda...cat gotta your tongue.

And as for bible-bashing.......it's actually your reference to this expression that causes

so much killings in this world. My question included NO bible-bashing.

Pertinent to your statement that this is a site ' run by Brits ' .... go get yourself an

education. Whenever someone introduces a forum to the internet, it becomes open

to the Whole Wide World and really belongs to no-one...except it becomes administered

and monitored by the one who designed the forum. Go check it out and see if your

lightbulb comes on.

Finally, your remark about people ' contributing ' to the forum is somewhat facetious.

The better side of 50% consists of input that is of no interest to anyone.

....and you sir, are NO BRIT. At least not in words.

The Brits that Bob Loblah has met along the way would put you to shame.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Where is Britain ???

Never heard of it.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

If that is the case, why are you on this website, numbnuts?

Hey, how come this Bob Noblah dickhead gets to have his arguments in this thread, when mine the other day was moved? That's discrimination that is.