Tempus Fugit

Guests, A Deathlist Enhancement, Or Detriment?

Guests contributions, good or bad?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To ban guests from posting would be like banning every motorist from the road because some will cause an accident.

Many posters here probably lurked, may even have posted as guests before signing up.

Of late, so many "guests" have posted here in such a short space of time, the probability is that DL members are doing it.

It goes with the turf im afraid. You have to let guests post in the hope that at least one joins and contributes on a regular basis.

Blimey, this forum has as many mods as it has mere mortal members, keeping the shite out wouldnt be too difficult, would it?

And no, Im not being critical of mods, some are lovely!!

Guests - mostly pointless posts but the 1% of excellent drivel has to be worth allowing. Anyhow how will I be able to post when I have forgotten my log-in? (again!) Alcohol poisoning affects the short term memory....I think :P

Today's beverage is Becks :)

Please disregard my previous post.

Ban guests from posting.

I think we can live without the 1% of good posts if it means keeping some serious cockspanners from infesting the site like flies round a wet fart.

Regards

LFN ( who has never ever masqueraded as a guest)

Please disregard my previous post.

Ban guests from posting.

I think we can live without the 1% of good posts if it means keeping some serious cockspanners from infesting the site like flies round a wet fart.

Regards

LFN ( who has never ever masqueraded as a guest)

I've contacted the authorities

To use someone else's pub analogy...

Let 'em in, so us regulars have got someone to kick the crap out of. Especially that f****r who keeps defending Chris Langham.

Bring 'im over 'ere by the pool table, I've got sumfink for his arse...and it's chalked...

'Ave it!

BHB

To use someone else's pub analogy...[snip]Bring 'im over 'ere by the pool table, I've got sumfink for his arse...and it's chalked...

What? Like this?

Guest Mindy's fan club president
To use someone else's pub analogy...[snip]Bring 'im over 'ere by the pool table, I've got sumfink for his arse...and it's chalked...

What? Like this?

Hello,

I am a guest who would love to post in the Mindy Mcready (sic) thread and tell you why so many guests are always reading it, but I can't because guests aren't allowed to. Sadly, me and the 7,058 other Mindy-lovers are prevented from registering with this excellent site 'thanks' to an obscure bye-law which we are working to overturn.

Anyway, it's been rumoured that Mindy has begun wearing comfortable shoes since she's been inside. All lies of course, though it's caused a few ripples of excitement amongst our female members.

OK, and if anyone, and I mean anyone makes a 'ripples of exitement amongst our male members' gag, your account will be suspended for ...oh...about 5 minutes probably.

Anyway, it's been rumoured that Mindy has begun wearing comfortable shoes since she's been inside. All lies of course, though it's caused a few ripples of excitement amongst our female members.

I voted yes but would like to explain my reasons and add a caveat.

WSome posts by guests add greatly to a particular thread. My favourite thread (Dickie O) is agreat example of this.

But i think that a guest should be allowed one or two posts at most before they have to register.

We have the technology to create that rule don't we?

Guest Herbert Humpalot

WSome posts by guests add greatly to a particular thread. My favourite thread (Dickie O) is agreat example of this.

But i think that a guest should be allowed one or two posts at most before they have to register.

You dont happen to dig corpses up in your spare time as well, do you?

Let them post. What are you afraid of?

No. Why do you ask?

Guest Herbert Humpalot

No. Why do you ask?

You havent been endowed with much of a brain, have you :)

Go figure.

No. Why do you ask?

Go figure.

Your absolutely correct.

If I were a more intelligent type of person I would post pithy insights such as "You dont happen to dig corpses up in your spare time as well, do you?" with no kind of context or immediate indication of what the hell I was talking about.

I go down the rather obvious path of making it apparent what I mean when I am posting and so could never hope to match your level of enigmatic posting in what is usually a fairly straightforward forum.

By the way, kudos for posting anonymously. Saves having to take any responsibilty for what you write.

Wish I'd though of that.

No. Why do you ask?

Go figure.

Your absolutely correct.

If I were a more intelligent type of person I would post pithy insights such as "You dont happen to dig corpses up in your spare time as well, do you?" with no kind of context or immediate indication of what the hell I was talking about.

I go down the rather obvious path of making it apparent what I mean when I am posting and so could never hope to match your level of enigmatic posting in what is usually a fairly straightforward forum.

By the way, kudos for posting anonymously. Saves having to take any responsibilty for what you write.

Wish I'd though of that.

Far be it for me to step into a spat between a member and guest poster but, in this case, allow me to translate.

Going back to a long dead corpse and digging it up is not too dissimilar to digging out a 9 month old thread and trying to give it the kiss of life.

Hope that has enlightened you.

Mind, there's always a sad, slightly melancholy, pleasure in revisiting the places where the great Tempus once bestrode the threads like a Colossus.

No. Why do you ask?

Go figure.

Your absolutely correct.

Wish I'd though of that.

Far be it for me to step into a spat between a member and guest poster but, in this case, allow me to translate.

Going back to a long dead corpse and digging it up is not too dissimilar to digging out a 9 month old thread and trying to give it the kiss of life.

Hope that has enlightened you.

OIC.

I just thought it looked like an interesting thread and wanted to post on it, but I'd have known it was going to agitate anonymous users of Deathlist..............

Mind, there's always a sad, slightly melancholy, pleasure in revisiting the places where the great Tempus once bestrode the threads like a Colossus.

Now thats odd Mary.

Mr Fugit is a little before my time, however, I am familiar with his posts.

TBH, I always imagined him to be a foul tempered ( but well educated ) Midget.

Dunno why, but it makes the Colossus analogy seem at complete odds to my image of the legend.

Is Tempus banned or just not posting anymore?

I still stand by original vote of no. I find most guest posts tedious and you can't put guests on ignore as you can with tedious registered members.

Back in 2004/5/6 guests generally posted funny or informative stuff, but these days they're just iain/notaguest/morons.

Guest Just a guest

Back in 2004/5/6 guests generally posted funny or informative stuff, but these days they're just iain/notaguest/morons.

And in 2007/8/9/10/11 most of the long established members began to stop posting with any great frequency because the forum had lost its mojo and real reason for existing.Those left soldier on flogging a dead horse. Unfortunately, precious few of those left are good enough to turn it around, you are pissing into the wind of mediocrity. Such tragedy.

Perhaps you would consider the important things before you question the trivial. You always considered it just a game and a bit of fun.

You reap what you sow fella, we all do, some still have theirs to come.

If you really care make the difference or watch it fade into obscurity.

Maybe it already has.

And in 2007/8/9/10/11 most of the long established members began to stop posting with any great frequency because the forum had lost its mojo and real reason for existing.Those left soldier on flogging a dead horse. Unfortunately, precious few of those left are good enough to turn it around, you are pissing into the wind of mediocrity. Such tragedy.

Perhaps you would consider the important things before you question the trivial. You always considered it just a game and a bit of fun.

You reap what you sow fella, we all do, some still have theirs to come.

If you really care make the difference or watch it fade into obscurity.

Maybe it already has.

badassbuddy_com-slowburner.gif

I never did vote on this subject but as it seems to have been re-opened, I'll say that guests should be allowed to post. Although becoming a member is easy I think we should always be open to the views and thoughts of those who would decide not to join. Whether we agree with them or find them entertaining shouldn't be a consideration.