Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Ray Price

Intriguing isn't it?

If Price snuffs it, Spade has it in the bag. If he lives to next year, he's a haul of points but the impact is negated...

Not yet he doesn't. Perhaps someone else up there in the rankings has picked Price as well and has a youngish unique pick teetering on the brink...

Also, I believe the man to decide this year's DDP may be none other than General Wojciech Jaruzelski.

Hasn't it been a great competition this year? ;)

That's the defiance of a true winner...

However you are running out of time. If this were Rugby, you'd need a try, conversion and possibly a drop goal to nick it, with less than five minutes left on the clock...

It won't happen, but I still dream of a Rocky style comeback. :)

I've managed to convince myself that Ray will go on the 13th and Jamie Daniel will die on Christmas Day. I still haven't found out what's actually wrong with Bairbre De Brun.

Only way I could win is if either Jaruzelski goes and Price/anyone else doesn't, or if Werner Franz goes with or without Jaruzelski. (the 8 points would be enough for me to still lead even if Price dies, though he'd have to be the only other one to croak among high flyers)

Neither super likely but would definitely be nice at least if Jaru could die so I can get past 100 points. It'd be kind of miffing to finish one point short of the century.

Janie Price and I had another telephone session today, Wednesday. She informed me that Ray is determined to go to his ranch-home and she is arranging to fulfill his wish with the doctors today, hoping they can return home today or tomorrow, where he will be provided with hospice care. Ray is more grateful than ever to you precious people who have provided prayers and deep, loving concern. I want to echo that thanks to you.

This is going to go down to the wire...

...from our Country Music correspondent, Spade Cooley.

I could do "the hospice care arrangements of Ray Price" on Mastermind and get 20 in the first round.

• Like 3

Pretty sure this is the last possible announcement there can be before "he dead". From his wife, on Ray leaving hospital today:

"Ray is alert and aware of his surroundings and making decisions," said Janie. "With God's blessing he has not had extreme pain. But it's with great sadness that I announce to you today that my beloved husband has entered the final stages of his cancer that he has battled for 25 months. Anyone who knows Ray is aware that he has strong convictions and great faith in God. It's his decision to leave the hospital and return home to spend his final days on his beloved ranch surrounded by the comfort of his home, family and friends."

Price wanted to give a final message to his fans. "I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."

Pretty sure this is the last possible announcement there can be before "he dead". From his wife, on Ray leaving hospital today:

"Ray is alert and aware of his surroundings and making decisions," said Janie. "With God's blessing he has not had extreme pain. But it's with great sadness that I announce to you today that my beloved husband has entered the final stages of his cancer that he has battled for 25 months. Anyone who knows Ray is aware that he has strong convictions and great faith in God. It's his decision to leave the hospital and return home to spend his final days on his beloved ranch surrounded by the comfort of his home, family and friends."

Price wanted to give a final message to his fans. "I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."

I think he will want to have one more Christmas with his family and will fight on. Ray price everyone's ddp joker in 2014?

If Price somehow makes it to Jan I would still have Sam Simon or Wlko Johnon as my joker cause they would be younger locks.

He just needs to last around Claude Nobs 18 days in a coma now, and a lot of DDP 2014 teams will be happy. The chances of that are, in the words of Gorilla Monsoon, highly unlikely!

Haha, just today I was thinking he would somehow survive the month.

Any link yet. Just for definite confirmation purposes

When they said he was going home for his "final days" they were almost exaggerating !

So that'd give Spade a 6 point lead with 16 days left, or am I missing out bonus points?

Not over quite yet though - Adolfo Suarez might suddenly provide a Hogmanay twist in the tale (as a random sickly name off the Octopus's list).

Well done Spade - 14 hits, a record - and irrespective of anything else that might yet happen - 14 hits is a fabulous achievement.

Much as I would like to win, II'd be happy to settle for the top three and my own personal record points and hits.

If Dennis James and Chick WIllis get obits, then that'll change things again wouldn't it?

Thanks man. I don't think it's even 50% sure that I've won this thing yet, any death from OoO's team would give him a lead, plus deaths to either Kate Granger or Katherine Crowe would see me fall off the perch. A great competition this year though, a fantastic pace-setter team and at least 30 teams have had strong chances of being winners at some point.

Absolutely superb and no joker as well!

This is the first time there's been a hit in December by a "winning" team (and indeed there would have to be should another hit occur that changes things) since DeathList's last gasp Artie Shaw hit of 2004.

This has been a classic year for the Derby Dead Pool, the best in my time as host I think...

BbkI346CAAAVF0L.jpg

Fucking hell, is Janie Price watching this forum and just trying to get a rise out of us?