DevonDeathTrip

Leonard Nimoy

Even though I wasn't a Star Trek fan, I feel a bit sad about this. I remember a few years back and buying the album "Highly Illogical" at Tower Records. I got to the checkout desk and the guy behind the counter just started talking to me about Star Trek at which point I told him that it was for my dad as it was his birthday the following week. Then he said "Oh, I'm guessing you don't like your dad very much then"

• Like 2

The cosmic ballet goes on

#36 on the Drop 40 this year as well.

Yes, indeed, the drought is over on that score. Strange we've had to wait until the end of the second month for it...

And I thought it was Mission Impossible...

Stage left, the gruf sound of DeForest Kelly saying... "He's dead Jim!"

• Like 2

Well, at least at 83 he'd lived long. And prospered.

RIP :(

He was part of a legendary TV series that scared little kids like me for decades...

A highly logical conclusion to a good life- I'll miss him, as will all of the other Trekkies

He was part of a legendary TV series that scared little kids like me for decades...

Jeez, I was scared for a few minutes here & there, but decades???

• Like 1

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

What I meant is, the show has been scaring kids for decades, AKA it has been DOING IT for decades. Not that the kids were scared for decades.

Guest Guest

PS I'm confident that Leonard Nimoy will live for many years to come ! And so will I !

shit... :shock2:

Beam him up Jesus!

(I may or may not have stolen this from a random person on Facebook)

PS I'm confident that Leonard Nimoy will live for many years to come ! And so will I !

Shame.

One down, one to go.

• Like 11

Great. DL are using the picture I was going to use...

What I meant is, the show has been scaring kids for decades, AKA it has been DOING IT for decades. Not that the kids were scared for decades.

joke-goes-over-your-head-star-trek-gif.g

joke-goes-over-your-head-star-trek-gif.g

I hope!

83 is a good run, yet I feel sad. My intense facination with Star Trek faded many years ago though I'll admit to thoroughly enjoy the lastest two movies. At least the DL finally got a hit and Mr. Nimoy is a decent firsty for the year. LLAP.

• Like 1

Very sad to see him go.

But it doesn't stop me claiming my Deathrace points and updating my shadow list.

He was the only member of the Star Trek cast of the Pilot episode that made it to the main show and that was because Roddenberry held out for him against the studio.

• Like 1

Very sad to see him go. But that didn't prevent me from claiming my first DDP hit. Anyways, RIP Mr. Nimoy.

Very sad to see him go.

But it doesn't stop me claiming my Deathrace points and updating my shadow list.

He was the only member of the Star Trek cast of the Pilot episode that made it to the main show and that was because Roddenberry held out for him against the studio.

George Takei was in the pilot too?

Very sad for me as well. He was the one on the list I most liked to meet. Apart from being Mr. Spock I also liked him in Fringe, where he already looked pretty ancient. He also directed my favorite Star Trek movie, Star Trek IV, which is even on my all-time top 10 movie list.

One of the prime candidates for DeathList glory, Denis Healey once said "if you're in a hole, stop digging!"

Well, I guess the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, so I gratefully pocket my DDP points. Goodbye, mr Spock.

Can somebody transport Nimoy's "poetry" into a black hole now?

regards,

Hein