Red Flag

Robin Williams

Robin Williams has joined the Dead Actors Society. Seems as if he has taken his own life

It's been a weird year for celebrity deaths

Guest Guest

BREAKING NEWS - ACTOR ROBIN WILLIAMS HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE AGED 63 http://insidemovies....ams-dead-at-63/

I preferred him when he was in Take That.

Now he's loving angels instead. R.I.P Rob.

No it's the actor who used to be in Mork and Mindy who's died not the Take That singer

Wow this is just a terrible year for comedy and Hollywood! Genuinely shocked at this.

Morgue And Mindy. (sorry)

Really sad and shocking news. Another icon of childhood gone.

• Like 8

That's so wrong...

Hard to believe that he goes in such a fashion, even though he had all sorts of problems in many areas. Like you say, really sad.

RIP Robin, you were funny.

BREAKING NEWS - ACTOR ROBIN WILLIAMS HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE AGED 63 http://insidemovies....ams-dead-at-63/

No it's the actor who used to be in Mork and Mindy who's died not the Take That singer

Didn't see that one coming! HOW DOES THE BBC DO THAT AGAIN???! A FEW MINUTES AGO I WAS WATCHING THE FAMILY GUY EPISODE WITH ALL THOSE ROBIN WILLIAMSES ON BBC3!!!

Some weeks ago the beeb showed James Garner movie on the same day he died. AND NOW THE BBC STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Robins.png

Someone please ask them to air a Bieber movie!

• Like 2

Wow............. fucking hell.

Well I guess he took one look at life and thought: "This isn't worth Jack!"

No, seriously. They doubt fire killed him. It was the smoke that did it!

He decided he wasn't exactly Hooked on life and didn't want to experience any more Awakenings

Good Mourning, Vietnam!

Guest Robin Williams son Steve

Being Human is not an option for Robin.No more Happy Days in his Cadillac Man. No more Insomnia in a Birdcage or a Night At The Museum.He did not Sieze the day as it's not Death To Smoochy but Death To Robin instead.

Being Human is not an option for Robin.No more Happy Days in his Cadillac Man. No more Insomnia in a Birdcage or a Night At The Museum.He did not Sieze the day as it's not Death To Smoochy but Death To Robin instead.

He deserves this (incredibly mild) mockery for being so selfish - cos now little kids won't be able to watch his movies without it being really awkward with a big grey cloud hanging over it, and their parents who have to explain (or try to avoid the topic of) him gassing himself.......... good job there, Robbie.......

well done big guy, wish I had all your uh....... "problem$". It mu$t be $o hard being born into a generation that ha$ $o many more opportunitie$ and more importantly $ecurity than mine ha$, and then getting paid million$ of dollar$ to dre$$ up like an old woman! I mean it'$ not like I can think of $eventy million problem$ and/or piece$ of utterly non$en$ical political/$ocietal p$ycho bull$hit that I have to encounter on a daily ba$i$ that you never would have freakin had when you were my age! And I certainly can't $ugge$t that mo$t of them were foi$ted upon u$ by people of your generation and political $tripe! No $ir!! Whoop$, I $eem to $uddenly have a problem where every in$tance of me typing an $ i$ replaced by an unreque$ted dollar $ign! $hit, $omeone help me out here, my computer $y$tem ha$ gone nut$!

I had him pencilled in for 2151 - his bicentennial year.

RIP Robin, thanks for the many years of laughter.

Nah, suicidal depression has no discriminations - you could be rich, popular and health and it'd still stick its claws in.

• Like 6

There was always a dark side to him I thought. One Hour Photo showed that very clearly. It's still shocking though.

You don't get the style of humour on here, do you?

Or maybe you do.

Was very shocked to hear this and then got to thinking how few films I had actually watched with him in. Mostly they were kids things that I watched with my daughter such as Night in the Museum, Aladdin and Robots but he is in the excellent Terry Gilliam film The Fisher King which nobody seems to mention in all the tributes.

Like many actors who put in the hard work he has made a fair number of dud movies a friend of mine was in the habit of going to the cinema every week and would pick a film each week. After going to see Toys he came to the conclusion that there are not enough good films to justify a trip every week.

I did like his cameo appearances such as Osric in Kenneth Branagh's version of Hamlet, The King of the Moon in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and the disgraced psychiatrist who works in a cold meat store in Dead Again

Unfortunately I have had all the songs from Aladdin stuck in my head all morning.

I would have been less surprised if it had been Robbie or even Rowan for that matter.

I would have been less surprised if it had been Robbie or even Rowan for that matter.

I was watching this a couple of weeks ago (can't find it on youtube now) and I did wonder if Robin would make it to 70 but I was thinking more along the lines of heart attack. I really didn't expect to wake up to news that he'd killed himself. I've just been reading up on Pam Dawber, she's lost a few colleagues quite young.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437856/

There was always a dark side to him I thought. One Hour Photo showed that very clearly. It's still shocking though.

Have you ever heard of acting?!

• Like 2

He deserves this (incredibly mild) mockery for being so selfish - cos now little kids won't be able to watch his movies without it being really awkward with a big grey cloud hanging over it, and their parents who have to explain (or try to avoid the topic of) him gassing himself.......... good job there, Robbie.......

well done big guy, wish I had all your uh....... "problem$". It mu$t be $o hard being born into a generation that ha$ $o many more opportunitie$ and more importantly $ecurity than mine ha$, and then getting paid million$ of dollar$ to dre$$ up like an old woman! I mean it'$ not like I can think of $eventy million problem$ and/or piece$ of utterly non$en$ical political/$ocietal p$ycho bull$hit that I have to encounter on a daily ba$i$ that you never would have freakin had when you were my age! And I certainly can't $ugge$t that mo$t of them were foi$ted upon u$ by people of your generation and political $tripe! No $ir!! Whoop$, I $eem to $uddenly have a problem where every in$tance of me typing an $ i$ replaced by an unreque$ted dollar $ign! $hit, $omeone help me out here, my computer $y$tem ha$ gone nut$!

Asphyxia can include hanging as well no? So it could be our old friend autoerotic asphyxiation if that makes it easier for you.