VSBfromH

Rumours

Pooka, welcome back! Tell where the 'misunderstanding' garden is, it might make a good venue for DLCon IV.

• Like 1

What I previously wrote is absolute rubbish. I take responsibility for it and no one hijacked my account to write this statement.

Sincerely,

BCAlum2000

I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying the next few lines, but f%ck it, I'm tired and I'll just say it....

In light of the fact that Ronnie James Dio HASN'T died, I'm really getting aggravated and sick of these goddamn fake celebrity death rumors.

I know, I know, I should be grateful that Ronnie is still alive, and I am, but I'm really angry b/c I basically wasted the last three hours of my life trying to confirm and verify Ronnie's passing so that I can earn points on my death pool and add his name to my annual In Memoriam list.

Why do people start these fake celebrity death rumors? Some speculate that it's basically to get a rise out of people and make fun of our morbid and sick obsession of celebrity deaths. Perhaps these people start fake death rumors go so far as to piss off us deathpoolers (yes, we do earn points if certain celebrities pass away, if they're younger, we earn more points).

Either way, the a$$hole who started this rumor of Ronnie James Dio needs a serious beating. He wasted the last three hours of my life.

The only thing that makes sense in that post was the first line. You really should get your priorities in order, BC. You made the choice to waste three hours. If the guy was dead it would all come out in due time. What's the point of digging for three hours?

I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying the next few lines, but f%ck it, I'm tired and I'll just say it....

In light of the fact that Ronnie James Dio HASN'T died, I'm really getting aggravated and sick of these goddamn fake celebrity death rumors.

I know, I know, I should be grateful that Ronnie is still alive, and I am, but I'm really angry b/c I basically wasted the last three hours of my life trying to confirm and verify Ronnie's passing so that I can earn points on my death pool and add his name to my annual In Memoriam list.

Why do people start these fake celebrity death rumors? Some speculate that it's basically to get a rise out of people and make fun of our morbid and sick obsession of celebrity deaths. Perhaps these people start fake death rumors go so far as to piss off us deathpoolers (yes, we do earn points if certain celebrities pass away, if they're younger, we earn more points).

Either way, the a$$hole who started this rumor of Ronnie James Dio needs a serious beating. He wasted the last three hours of my life.

The only thing that makes sense in that post was the first line. You really should get your priorities in order, BC. You made the choice to waste three hours. If the guy was dead it would all come out in due time. What's the point of digging for three hours?

Passion is a positive obsession. Obsession is a negative passion.

James "Uncle Phil" Avery dead on Twitter. Will willingly sit through the final series of Fresh Prince with the five-year-old in if this turns out to be remotely true.

James "Uncle Phil" Avery dead on Twitter. Will willingly sit through the final series of Fresh Prince with the five-year-old in if this turns out to be remotely true.

It seems to have been put on wikipedia as well, but has been revised.

It seems to have been put on wikipedia as well, but has been revised.

James Avery is not dead. The Scottish football player known as 'Uncle Phil' died in 2007. This has apparently cased a mix up...

Link

The clogs of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the Ikemba of Nnewi remain unpopped despite rumours to the contrary.

Unconfirmed report/malicious rumour that Saudi King Abdullah has died.

Unconfirmed report/malicious rumour that Saudi King Abdullah has died.

So if it's true, President Obama killed him?

That can only be complete nonsense.

Firstly because they wouldn't report a heated discussion between him and Obama like that , and secondly because even the most contemptible tabloid hack would be able to spell "sensitive" correctly.

Firstly because they wouldn't report a heated discussion between him and Obama like that , and secondly because even the most contemptible tabloid hack would be able to spell "sensitive" correctly.

I'm sure you're right NaP, but be prepared to pay even more for your petrol!!!

The originally posted story now carries a rider that the Saudi's are denying the reports. The original source, Islam Times is still carrying it on their front page. As for

even the most contemptible tabloid hack would be able to spell "sensitive" correctly
, bearing in mind the standard of what passes for journalism at my local paper, I wouldn't be surprised by any spelling appearing in an on-line report.

King Abdullah is 'in excellent health'.

King Abdullah is 'in excellent health'.

... or possibly not

"Citing Western intelligence sources, the US daily World Tribune said on Friday that the 86-year-old Abdullah Ibn Abdulaziz Al Saud was suffering from back and heart ailments as well as signs of dementia." However he is "not in danger of imminent death".

Jackie Chan reported dead at 56.

oops, bit hasty there...

Jackie Chan reported alive and well.

Some rumors on twitter are claiming that actor Jon Lovitz died. I asume this is just a hoax again.

Some rumors on twitter are claiming that actor Jon Lovitz died. I asume this is just a hoax again.

Not THE Jon Lovitz? Holy shit!!!!!

I checked Wikipedia - no mention of his death. A hoax - obviously.

Not THE Jon Lovitz? Holy shit!!!!!

I know he isn't really famous (he's one of those guys who's face you'd recognise from bit parts in movies), that's the reason why i kind of believed for a minute that it was real.

I mean if these reports were for Nic Cage or Charlie Sheen, you could see these the hoax coming from a mile away.

Twitter awash with talk of Eddie Murphy dying in a snowboarding accident or something. I'm assuming it's bollocks

• Like 1