Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy Ronnie

That N. Korean Missile

This article suggests the US might actually be considering trying to shoot down the missle which the mischievous N. Koreans are threatening to launch this week.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13450911/

Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but from the news reports I've seen the past few years it seems the Americans thus far have barely been able to hit any of their own test missiles, and they presumably know when those ones are going to be launched and where they're headed. Let's hope by the time they do figure out how to shoot down an enemy missile Messrs. Cheney and Rumsfeld will have long since left the building.

I share your concerns Ronnie, we could get facile here or admit it's f****n' scary all round. I reckon the Koreans took Team America World Police literally and they've been well pissed ever since.

This article suggests the US might actually be considering trying to shoot down the missle which the mischievous N. Koreans are threatening to launch this week.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13450911/

Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but from the news reports I've seen the past few years it seems the Americans thus far have barely been able to hit any of their own test missiles, and they presumably know when those ones are going to be launched and where they're headed. Let's hope by the time they do figure out how to shoot down an enemy missile Messrs. Cheney and Rumsfeld will have long since left the building.

They have test fired 7 missiles so far and none have been shot down.

North Korea test-fires 7th missile

I share your concerns Ronnie, we could get facile here or admit it's f****n' scary all round. I reckon the Koreans took Team America World Police literally and they've been well pissed ever since.

:D

Not content with failing completely to shoot down any North Korean missiles, the US military has announced ambitious plans to make fools of themselves trying to pick one of their own spy satellites out of the sky before it crashes to Earth.

and they don't want to miss the thing

Why don't they have a program in the satellite which, when it is discontinued, sets out a trajectory when it falls to the earth....into the pacific perhaps. I mean if they're clever enough to pinpoint the trajectory of space probes?

The probability goes unspoken but the word is attempt instead of inaction.

Even in 2008 we are only in the colonial era of modern technology.

The probability goes unspoken but the word is attempt instead of inaction.

Even in 2008 we are only in the colonial era of modern technology.

It's been a while since BS's unique interpretation of the English language made me :D, but that gem did.

Bravo, BS, I didn't understand a word of it! Or, to be precise, I understood all of the words, but none of the meaning.

Well Star Crossed, the exact probability of the US literally putting this Satellite out of commission wasn't even available. What I meant was this article claimed it was worth the bullshit to try and blow up this useless piece of metal for the safety of human beings - instead of just letting it free - fall.

Now in this modern world we have 'I - Phones' which they are practically all possibilities in your pocket and we have robotic vacuums and Tempur Pedic beds ... and even GPS (but I think that even comes with some upgraded I - Phones. Now alright 'we aren't making human sacrifices for the gods' we live in developed cities in sort of a civilized world but when it comes to the cosmos our mobility is pretty much stone age and our accuracy is pretty much Lee Harvey Oswald on the first shot.

I've always thought

If Aliens do exist and they have a sense of humor, times like this must be their Comedy Central.

If Aliens do exist and they have a sense of humor, times like this must be their Comedy Central.

Probability suggests "posts like this."

Why don't they have a program in the satellite which, when it is discontinued, sets out a trajectory when it falls to the earth....into the pacific perhaps. I mean if they're clever enough to pinpoint the trajectory of space probes?

An article that I read said that the spy satalites are equiped with what you suggested, but it broke in the case of this satellite. That explains why they aren't routinely shooting these things down, they usually can dump them in the ocean where noone will find them. In this case, the US is worried that someone will find it and get "secret" info. I wonder what the betting odds are on hitting it.

An article that I read said that the spy satalites are equiped with what you suggested, but it broke in the case of this satellite. That explains why they aren't routinely shooting these things down, they usually can dump them in the ocean where noone will find them. In this case, the US is worried that someone will find it and get "secret" info. I wonder what the betting odds are on hitting it.

Ah.... :D

I love the trigger happy American attitude. I wonder if bird-flu arrives in America, will George Bush ask his citizens to get their guns out and

"Kill every single bird in the goddamned country...If these birds want to pick a fight, then bring it on. And we will take our battle to the countries who sent us the birds. We will not yield, we will not falter and we will not fail. We strive for geese."

I love the trigger happy American attitude. I wonder if bird-flu arrives in America, will George Bush ask his citizens to get their guns out and

"Kill every single bird in the goddamned country...If these birds want to pick a fight, then bring it on. And we will take our battle to the countries who sent us the birds. We will not yield, we will not falter and we will not fail. We strive for geese."

These colors don't run baby!!!

And we will take our battle to the countries who sent us the birds

That's very Bush. As I read it I could hear the Bush-Texan accent within the words.

Now I see the point about 'killing all them birds' is a disguise for 'Extremists' since statistically in Iraq less then 5% of the people actually shooting at us are from Al Quada while the rest are just pissed off Arabs - who basically just don't want us in sacred land.

But I honestly think you might be getting the state of Texas and the majority of the United States of America a little confused.

I stand corrected, if we're to believe this actually happened.

I feel safer already

Not that we'd really know for sure one way or the other. Just like the "moon landings".

I stand corrected, if we're to believe this actually happened.

I feel safer already

Not that we'd really know for sure one way or the other. Just like the "moon landings".

Kick-ass. Wahooo!!!! USA USA USA USA

Isn't that just footage of the last few seconds of the space shuttle Columbia?

I bet it was a goose flying south for the winter.

Smart to sign on as a guest....makes it more difficult for us to find you....

You can bet Allah's boots on it.

I wasn't that guest poster but hey, I'll say it loud and proud; I love hearing about crashed USAF hardware.

I hope as many of their warplanes crash as possible. It may reduce the appalling number of civilian casualties (sorry, "collateral damage") inflicted by them and their "smart bombs". Both pilots of this B-2 crash survived ejection, so all that was really lost was a $1.2bn evil instrument of death-delivery. I'd like to see it posted on youtube. Don't kid yourselves, despite overwhelming supporting propaganda, that the USAF are helping to deliver long-term peace and secure the "freedom" the world craves. All the USA is doing with its warplanes these days is clumsily scattering the fertile seeds of a multi-generational war that benefits nobody except shareholders in the companies that make the weapons.

It pains me to see motivated, well-trained, professional service-people who could be deployed to do so much good in the world, being used as instruments of death and destruction in the name of a misguided administration with vested interests in the perpetuation of war.

How do you like them apples?

p.s. Back on-topic... this spy-satellite shooting-down incident; laughable, man!! For the first time, I find myself agreeing with raving crackpot, dangerously-paranoid-and-self-interested Russian dictator Vladimir "Pooty-Poot" Putin, in his assessment that this has more to do with testing missile defence and "star wars" systems than it does saving the people of the world from hydrazine toxicity. "Hydrazine Schmydrazine", as my New York counterpart might put it. Considering the number of satellites that use hydrazine, and the number that have previously come to earth pissing this stuff all over the place, and the number that will continue to do so in future, the only logical conclusion is US military self-interest. The administration is so used to lying, it can't even tell the truth when everyone else can see it as plain as day. Reminds me of the UK government. And it's all connected, see... this, the military-industrial complex, the oil industry, the grassy knoll, Project Paperclip, Majestic 12, Ingo Swann, Area 51, Black Helicopters, Whitewater, Bluewater, Creedence Clearwater, Watergate, Lightwater Valley, the Moon hoax, the Masons, the Illuminati, Billy-Ray Cyrus, Walmart, the NTSB, Phillip Morris and the KKK, Skull & Bones, and don't get me started on the blah blah blah rant rant rant...

How do you like them apples?

As I said....Kick Ass!!! Kill 'em all and let God sort them out.

"How do you shoot woman and children?"

"Easy...you just don't lead em as much." :rip: