Guest IYG

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, How long can they Carry On?

Dunno

IMHO, diabetic corpulent Crosby or drug addled rambling Stills will go first, Young, then Nash.

Dunno

IMHO, diabetic corpulent Crosby or drug addled rambling Stills will go first, Young, then Nash.

Didn't Young have a subarachnoid haemorrhage or cerebral aneurysm (if the second bursts you get the first). That's why I put him first. When in doubt always back the man with the dodgy blood vessels. Going into Ladbrokes tomorrow to see if I can get odds.

He was close to having a serious problem but it was caught and treated in time, I'm guessing two albums inside a year plus the CSNY tour means he's in good shape considering. He's probably going to be monitored closely from now on. You could also monitor Crosby and Stills although it'd take seconds to realise they're asking for it pushing that much pork in their sixties!

He was close to having a serious problem but it was caught and treated in time, I'm guessing two albums inside a year plus the CSNY tour means he's in good shape considering. He's probably going to be monitored closely from now on. You could also monitor Crosby and Stills although it'd take seconds to realise they're asking for it pushing that much pork in their sixties!

Aren't Crosby, Stills and Nash favourites of Jim Davidson? Nuff said.

Maybe, but I think you might be confusing them with the band he likes so much he became best mates with a third of it, Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Aren't Crosby, Stills and Nash favourites of Jim Davidson? Nuff said.

I would only be worried if he were a favourite of theirs.

Yup, ELP

I'll spare you the horror of Davidson's wikipedia page, but it does mention his - ahem - collaborations in music production with Greg Lake.

Haven't noticed them troubling the charts.

Maybe, but I think you might be confusing them with the band he likes so much he became best mates with a third of it, Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

You are quite right mpfc. I am indeed getting mixed up. I remember Jim Davidson using Fanfare for the common man in some generation game shite.

CSNY thread could usefully be merged with this one. A few dps have Crosby fingered in the present year.

CSNY thread could usefully be merged with this one. A few dps have Crosby fingered in the present year.

I've certainly fingered him this year......

And apologies, I did search for 'David Crosby' and one of his own didn't come up, had I searched for just 'Crosby' I would have found the link. Merge away. :blink:

Merged - [HCW]

I've certainly fingered him this year......

:blink: Still, a relatively tame fetish for a rock star I suppose.

I like the idea of Crosby as a pick. I see RA pick him all the time and it's one at first glance seems sort of dumb, then when you sit back it's the sort of pick that epitomizes the game for me. Youngish, has a host of health problems, but cannot be "fingered" with any reasonable certainty. A pick who you wouldn't be surprised if he died, but you wouldn't be surprised if he went on to the next year. Also, led an interesting life, so he's plenty fun to talk about.

He'd make a good DL pick for next year I'd imagine, should he decide to stick around until then. Not much reasonable complaining one could do. Satisfies both the "anti-cheating bastards" and "I can't believe you missed X Q and Y when they were clearly dying" camps.

Neil Young , absolute class this one. He's releasing a sequel to his classic 1977 album Chrome Dreams called Chrome Dreams II. Only - as any Neil Young fan will tell you - he never released Chrome Dreams. It's a bootleg classic, and an album loads of us have made up on CD by burning on all the Chrome Dreams tracks - Like a Hurricane, Sedan Delivery - which he subsequently stuck on other albums. Having provisionally scheduled the album and then changed his mind.

Oh yeah, and he's touring. Unlikely that the health problems are that bad, then.

"Absolute class this one. He's releasing a sequel to his classic 1977 album Chrome Dreams called Chrome Dreams II. Only - as any Neil Young fan will tell you - he never released Chrome Dreams. It's a bootleg classic, and an album loads of us have made up on CD by burning on all the Chrome Dreams tracks - Like a Hurricane, Sedan Delivery - which he subsequently stuck on other albums. Having provisionally scheduled the album and then changed his mind.

Oh yeah, and he's touring. Unlikely that the health problems are that bad, then."

Wow, who knew MPFC was a Rustie.

The Archives box set is due for a February 18th 2008 release...just 8 CDs, 3 DVD's and a 160 page book...however the good news (sorry better news) is that it only encompases 1962 - 1971.

I'm off to Farm Aid, with my 10th row seats to see God, sorry Neil, play.

Roll on Chrome Dreams II with Ordinary People and potentially 0 to 60.....

And a potential 6 week accoustic tour.

All I need now is to keep my lead in the DP I am in, and voila, a little slice of heaven all around

Cheers

The Eric Cartman Fan Club

All I need now is to keep my lead in the DP I am in, and voila, a little slice of heaven all around

Which one is that then?

Oh, and welcome to the wonderful world of deathlist, Granny.

Now here's a dilemma, would a Rustie pick Neil for a deadpool?

I'll confess to years of admiration of the great man, his attitude could teach us all a lot. More the refusal to compromise and the will to go with instinct, 62 in November and that - LOL funny - stroke of making a sequel to a bootleg, in other words damn near admitting the fans were right and he should've released Chrome Dreams rather than spread the songs over a few other albums, is one of his best moves in years. Along with finally sticking Ordinary People on summat you can buy in the shops.

Which Dead Pool?

Why our little US based one.....where we get 100 points - the person's/victim's age. Adds a little depth.

http://pbowman.home.comcast.net/picks.html

Now here's a dilemma, would a Rustie pick Neil for a deadpool?

Couldn't.....(although it would soften the blow)....it is, after all, better to burn out than fade away, n'est pas?

I'll confess to years of admiration of the great man, his attitude could teach us all a lot. More the refusal to compromise and the will to go with instinct, 62 in November and that - LOL funny - stroke of making a sequel to a bootleg. Along with finally sticking Ordinary People on summat you can buy in the shops.

Met him once, genuinely nice guy.

As a side note, i've been lurking on this site for nearly two years now.

Much merryment and mirth, from such a sombre topic.

I hate you Kyle.

Since I've clearly found a kindred spirit let's get seriously anorakish here. The following is - near enough - the definitive unreleased album. Easily burned now from legitimate releases of all the songs, but it would've been one of his undisputed best, though it might have weakened the subsequent Rust Never Sleeps to the point that the Young fans might've been Chromies not Rusties. More to the point, it would have been too long to squeeze easily onto one vinyl album obliging Reprise to cut it or make it a double, or a single with a free EP, or summat.

Side One

"Pocahontas" – 3:24

"Will to Love" – 7:11

"Star of Bethlehem" – 2:42

"Like a Hurricane" – 8:14

"Too Far Gone" – 2:41

[edit] Side Two

"Hold Back the Tears" – 5:16

"Homegrown" – 2:20

"Captain Kennedy" – 2:55

"Stringman" – 3:32

"Sedan Delivery" – 5:22

"Powderfinger" – 3:23

"Look Out for My Love" – 4:06

For one who merely dabbles in the work of Mr Young, is there full studio version of Powderfinger available on any bootleg? Great song.

It's on Rust Never Sleeps, so damn ragged it could be a bootleg, also good live versions on Live Rust and Weld. The bootleg versions - widely available - that are treasured are a few early versions of it played as an acoustic song. Though he always intended the electric - Rust Never Sleeps - cut for Chrome Dreams.

Got myself, Mrs MPFC and The Voice of Young Maryport booked to see Neil Young in March next year. Great reports of the gigs in the States so I'm hoping for good things. Obviously, I'll report on how close to death he seems after I've seen the gig.

For one who merely dabbles in the work of Mr Young, is there full studio version of Powderfinger available on any bootleg? Great song.

I'm quite a big Neil Young fan, but prefer the cover version of this song by the Cowboy Junkies on their album Caution Horses [which is an all-round excellent album].

Ah, but is Rust Never Sleeps not a live album anyway? With Live Rust being merely an extension of it.

Oh, and for the record, I have listened to the whole of Arc-Weld.

Twice.

It's on Rust Never Sleeps, so damn ragged it could be a bootleg, also good live versions on Live Rust and Weld. The bootleg versions - widely available - that are treasured are a few early versions of it played as an acoustic song. Though he always intended the electric - Rust Never Sleeps - cut for Chrome Dreams.

Some of RNS - Pocahontas, Ride my Llama & Sail Away - isn't live. Powerfinger on that album is - I think - live in the studio. It certainly isn't the same as the version on Live Rust.

Some of RNS - Pocahontas, Ride my Llama & Sail Away - isn't live. Powerfinger on that album is - I think - live in the studio. It certainly isn't the same as the version on Live Rust.

Mr Young is currently playing the last 6 nights of his US tour. I saw the Philly show last week (Sunday, 9th December) and what an absolute treat. An hour and a quarter of accoustic perfection, including 'Ambulance Blues', Sad Movies' 'A Man Needs A Maid' 'Mexico' (a new song) 'No One Seems To Know' 'Harvest' 'Journey Through The Past' 'Mellow My Mind' 'Love Art Blues', 'Campaigner' and the always phenominal 'Cowgirl In The Sand'. A REAL hard core set.....then followed it up with a raging hour and a half electric set, including perenial faves 'Like a Hurricane' 'Cinnamon Girl' and the slightly more obscure 'Bad Fog Of Loneliness' 'Winterlong' 'Oh, Lonesome Me' and the 20 minute rock out of newbie 'No Hidden Path'.

What a night.

Shame my 'Kick the Bucket' lead has gone. Someone had an unknown, named Elijah Page, as a pick, who was a 25 year old inmate on death row. So 75 points later and a failed protest (this person does not fit into the 'rules'), I am now down by 7 points with only 2 weeks left. <annoyed>. I wouldn't have minded, but thee pick was SO OBSCURE, the guy died in July, and the person who picked him only realised three weeks ago. FIVE MONTHS LATER. ;) The people running the pool just don't want a certain Dead Grandmother winning back to back titles. I am the new ENGLAND Pats of DPs.

Time to unplug Ariel.