Sign in to follow this  
Guest deathgal

60 Minutes

Or, with equal 70s horror, Midge and the boys. The poor man's Flintlock :ph34r:

Blimey, I'd forgotten about Slik. That song is a curious mixture, is it not - the choruses are ghastly but looking back at it, the rest was a sign of things to come.

I knew there was a thread somwhere...

Anyway, Andy Rooney is leaving 60 Minutes. He's approaching 93 years of age, make of it what you will.

Can't remember if there's a separate thread for this, (if there is, please feel free to move this)

CBS's Andy Rooney has been hospitalized in a serious condition, although he's reported to be stable

Guest Guest
Can't remember if there's a separate thread for this, (if there is, please feel free to move this)

CBS's Andy Rooney has been hospitalized in a serious condition, although he's reported to be stable

I would strongly advise you to put Andy Rooney on next years list..if he lasts that long.Thats a little tip for you all ;)

I'm considering splitting this to a new topic, but I can't think of a good subject. 'TV commentators' perhaps, or mebby we want a journalist topic.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

I'm considering splitting this to a new topic, but I can't think of a good subject. 'TV commentators' perhaps, or mebby we want a journalist topic.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Hein

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...;hl=journalists

Any suggestions?

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...;hl=journalists

Thanks. I knew there was one. I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

After a few experiments I found that the search facility can find it. Use "jour*" as search key for the title. I suppose I'll have to rewrite the search part of the DL HOWTO.

Ok, mr Rooney goes to the journo topic.

regards,

Hein

Another missed opportunity: RIP Andy Rooney

Post-Operative complications, eh? Does that count for an unnatural death bonus?

Heck, that's about 7 of us getting points in the DDP. (& first hit for my theme team in a whole 16 months)

Guest wildbill7145

Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes. A relentless tiger.

Doing better with my theme team than with the main one...

Heck, that's about 7 of us getting points in the DDP. (& first hit for my theme team in a whole 16 months)

First hit of my one and only team this year.

That's made my wife happy, that's her first hit on our dead pool.

She's been picking him for the past 5 years.

Also means hits for 3 others and a few less wooden spoons I need to buy for this year :)

Bob --not Sam -- Simon from 60 Minutes dies in car crash.

Sir C

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/60-minutes-bob-simon-dead-023754190.html

That's actually quite a sad way to go. After going off and reporting in various war zones over the years, only to be killed in a traffic accident.

Bob --not Sam -- Simon from 60 Minutes dies in car crash.

Sir C

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/60-minutes-bob-simon-dead-023754190.html

That's actually quite a sad way to go. After going off and reporting in various war zones over the years, only to be killed in a traffic accident.

Er........ (from the story):

60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon died Wednesday evening in a car accident in New York.