Rotten Ali

Ebola and Other Viruses

Look out Ebola making a nasty return. 79 dead in West Africa in the last few weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26825869

I'll keep it contained in one post...

As of 2nd April - 95 deaths.
As of 4th April - 97 deaths.
As of 6th April - 99 deaths

Looks like the WHO and MSF are halting it. Well done so far... but it will return...

As of 3rd May - 157 deaths, so it's still going...

5th May - 164
14th May - 166
23rd May - 183
27th May - 200
2nd June - 208
5th June - 231
10th June - 252 deaths.
Ditto 17th June - 337 deaths.
23rd July - 672 deaths. That's doubled in the space of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27953155

• Like 1

Way worse than bird flu. The type of problem that can kill a million people before the end of the year. And if it is really is out of control, then we are all the walking dead.

Guest Sir N Soames

Way worse than bird flu. The type of problem that can kill a million people before the end of the year. And if it is really is out of control, then we are all the walking dead.

Yes, that's right. I have it on good authority that if there is ever a case of Ebola in the UK, the army will instantly set up a 20 mile exclusion zone and shoot every man, woman and child within that zone as a precautionary measure.

I have it on good authority that if there is ever a case of Ebola in the UK, the army will instantly set up a 20 mile exclusion zone and shoot every man, woman and child within that zone as a precautionary measure.

I propose Beaconsfield, Bucks.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

Yes, that's right. I have it on good authority that if there is ever a case of Ebola in the UK, the army will instantly set up a 20 mile exclusion zone and shoot every man, woman and child within that zone as a precautionary measure.

I can see that now...........

"PRIVATE SEAR, WHY AREN'T YOU FIRING AT THAT MAN?"

"Sarge, look he's got a full protective body suit on and he's carrying a case that says "Ebola cure" on the side, in big letters."

"ORDERS ARE ORDERS, SEAR. EVERY MAN WITHIN THE EXCLUSION ZONE."

Guest Guest

I have it on good authority that if there is ever a case of Ebola in the UK, the army will instantly set up a 20 mile exclusion zone and shoot every man, woman and child within that zone as a precautionary measure.

regards,

Hein

send them all to Scotland!

regards,

Hein

Just had a look at a map and I'm actually just about over 20 miles away from Beaconsfield......... so thanks....

The hospital in Nigeria where that chap died from Ebola is now under quarantine.

The Nigerian case is the first on record in African's most populous country...

Ebola has something like a 90% mortality rate, and this chap saved 100 victims lives. So yeah, he was quite good.

• Like 2

Look out Ebola making a nasty return. 79 dead in West Africa in the last few weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26825869

I'll keep it contained in one post...

As of 2nd April - 95 deaths.

As of 4th April - 97 deaths.

As of 6th April - 99 deaths

Looks like the WHO and MSF are halting it. Well done so far... but it will return...

As of 3rd May - 157 deaths, so it's still going...

5th May - 164

14th May - 166

23rd May - 183

27th May - 200

2nd June - 208

5th June - 231

10th June - 252 deaths.

Ditto 17th June - 337 deaths.

23rd July - 672 deaths. That's doubled in the space of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27953155

As the virus kills the very doctors that are treating the sick then the spread will be advanced by those who are infected without knowing that they are ill. That monthly doubling of cases it's self could double. So a four fold increase in deaths month on month will produce a 100% world wide touch within the next 12 months. Because of the lack of a cure only early treatment will help those contracting the virus. Because of a possible pandemic the healthcare infrastructure will not be able to cope and the fatality rate may well rise to the 90% rate.

So, 7 billion people alive now, maybe only 700 million alive this time next year...

Action plan.

1. Other than getting doctors on the ground in these 3 countries, stop flying people in, out and around all of west Africa now.

2. Within the week, fly in many thousands of UN mandated troops to man checkpoints.

3. These troops must turn back all those people who wish to leave, if they don't turn back the troops should be instructed to shoot.

4. Provide the best care possible now, and drop food aid only by air.

5. Lock down like this till it is eradicated, even if it takes a few years.

The WHO said they had lost control of it last month. In another months time, without these actions, a thousand new cases will be happening in Mali, Equatorial Guinea and Ivory Coast.

The next few weeks will be "interesting" - was it confined to the hospital or will other people in Lagos start coming down with it? Also, that man was on a plane and they haven't tracked down the other passengers yet, who could be anywhere: "The airline he flew with has yet to provide a passenger list for the flights he used." :(

The next few weeks will be "interesting" - was it confined to the hospital or will other people in Lagos start coming down with it? Also, that man was on a plane and they haven't tracked down the other passengers yet, who could be anywhere: "The airline he flew with has yet to provide a passenger list for the flights he used." :(

Dear fucking god. This is so pathetic. I thought we were supposed to be an advanced "intelligent" fucking race? EVERY SINGLE CUNTING POLITICIAN IN THE WORLD NEEDS TO GET THEIR PENCIL DICKS OUT OF THEIR MISTRESSES/RENT BOYS RIGHT THE CUNT NOW, OR DRAG THEIR GORMLESS GAWPING MUGS AWAY FROM THEIR TV, AND ORDER EVERY LAST FUCKING PRECAUTION POSSIBLE. OTHERWISE I WILL PERSONALLY LEAD A FUCKING REVOLUTION AND YOU WILL ALL BE FUCKING SENT TO SPECIALLY BUILT PRISON COMPLEXES IN ALL THE COLDEST FUCKING PLACES ON EARTH, AND WHEN/IF POSSIBLE, THE MOON.

(here's details of the precautions being taken by some of the African nations... and some dire suggestions of doom in the comments section, which you have to hope are not true)

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jul/28/west-africa-measures-stop-ebola-spread)

Dear fucking god. This is so pathetic. I thought we were supposed to be an advanced "intelligent" fucking race? EVERY SINGLE CUNTING POLITICIAN IN THE WORLD NEEDS TO GET THEIR PENCIL DICKS OUT OF THEIR MISTRESSES/RENT BOYS RIGHT THE CUNT NOW, OR DRAG THEIR GORMLESS GAWPING MUGS AWAY FROM THEIR TV, AND ORDER EVERY LAST FUCKING PRECAUTION POSSIBLE. OTHERWISE I WILL PERSONALLY LEAD A FUCKING REVOLUTION AND YOU WILL ALL BE FUCKING SENT TO SPECIALLY BUILT PRISON COMPLEXES IN ALL THE COLDEST FUCKING PLACES ON EARTH, AND WHEN/IF POSSIBLE, THE MOON.

(here's details of the precautions being taken by some of the African nations... and some dire suggestions of doom in the comments section, which you have to hope are not true)

http://www.theguardi...op-ebola-spread)

Not that I'd want Dr Zorders to get uptight or anything but here is some breaking news....

Ebola test on ‘feverish’ man who flew into Britain from West Africa as doctors put on red alert over deadly virus

The good news is it is in the Daily Mail, so it is probably bollocks. I hope.

Even if we do all somehow die in an ebola outbreak, or a nuclear war, or both, two things are certain:

The cockroaches will survive..... and Bibliogryphon will still come on the DL forums at lunchtime.

• Like 2

Daily Mail bollocks! You wish, sorry, but I see pain for all.

Ebola's gay.

Which is apt after the death of Mr Van Kirk.....

Ach, bring it on. :)

Cobra meeting today about Ebola. Philip Hammond saying all measures that are appropriate and considerate will be looked at.

That's considered...

Strong facts, modelled foresight, screw that! They will be pissing in the wind on this one no fear, with an almost blank sheet of paper saying that it's not in the UK and readiness is high.

Real action is required.

We will get no real action because they can't see the big picture.

• Like 1

Ali, if it does hit, think of the fun on ne'ers eve, scouring for obitable people that got it that week.

You could clear your card by Jan the 5th.

If it does hit then nine out of ten of us won't be able to see our completed lists.

Even more chance of winning .....

• Like 1