Spade_Cooley

Morrissey

After a six-month spell that has seen him battle bleeding ulcers, Barrett's oesophagus and anaemia, history's second most famous racist vegetarian has now had to cancel gigs due to pnumonia in both lungs. It'd be a shame if Stevie took his bow without there being a DL thread for him, so let's have one.

• Like 1

First of the gang to die?

I somehow doubt he'll be the last of the famous international Smiths

The great thing about Morrissey is his back catalogue has so much misery and death-related material, there are loads (and not-so-good) of good puns

After a six-month spell that has seen him battle bleeding ulcers, Barrett's oesophagus and anaemia, history's second most famous racist vegetarian has now had to cancel gigs due to pnumonia in both lungs. It'd be a shame if Stevie took his bow without there being a DL thread for him, so let's have one.

I wonder if his doctor will reccomend a protein-heavy diet and all that implies?

I wonder if his doctor will reccomend a protein-heavy diet

That was Marc Almond's excuse...

• Like 2

I wonder if his doctor will reccomend a protein-heavy diet and all that implies?

"I could murder a steak" isn't exactly the first sentence I imagine to come from his lips.

regards,

Hein

Second-most famous? Hitler wasn't a vegetarian, old wife's tale.

I meant Henry Ford and/or Elvis Costello.

A couple of drunken remarks in 1980 does not an Adolf Eichmann make...

Hmmm, the left wing do two things well; music and soap.

If i'm having a bath i'm listening to Morrisey or Pearl Jam and using some right-on Lush bubble bath.

For running a country however...

Another large batch of tour dates cancelled, this time due to "food poisoning" from penne with tomatoes. Can you get food poisoning from a tomato? Is that even a thing?

In the heat of cancellations and postponements, the humiliation and mortification I feel on a personal level is too mammoth to be measured. If my spirits climb down any lower I could never again find the dignity to stand upright.

Oh come on man, we've all had the shits at some time.

It's in the stars that Mozzer will end up a half-forgotten recluse, festering in the Hollywood hills, the Norma Desmond of Wythenshawe...

• Like 1

ngl, the Marc Almond/Henry Ford/Elvis Costello/Hitler gags in this thread are probably the high point of my DL existence.

ngl, the Marc Almond/Henry Ford/Elvis Costello/Hitler gags in this thread are probably the high point of my DL existence.

:D went to like the marc almond gag and found I already had a year ago.

Whaddya reckon? Workshy fop or masking some significant health issue we haven't yet managed to guess. I mean, Phil Collins a recovering pisshead, didn't really see that one coming.

Whaddya reckon? Workshy fop or masking some significant health issue we haven't yet managed to guess. I mean, Phil Collins a recovering pisshead, didn't really see that one coming.

Ignore the above, seen the cancer headlines.

Maybe they'll prescribe, you know, meat!

• Like 3