Lewd_Squirrel

Shove Off, Eh?

If it's alright with the mods, I started this thread, for famous Canadians, mostly for the ones that are only famous in Canada, or have little exposure to the rest of the world, such as Red Green, or Mike MacDonald, or Jason Rouse, etc. But other famous Canadians can be mentioned in here, too.

• Like 1

If it's alright with the mods, I started this thread, for famous Canadians, >snip

Are there any?

Margot Kidder, William Shatner, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion all the really annoying famous people seem to be Canadian.

I'm sure we already have a thread for this.

Margot Kidder, William Shatner, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion all the really annoying famous people seem to be Canadian.

I'm sure we already have a thread for this.

I know we have a famous Belgian thread. I'll have a look and merge if we have a Canadian thread.

Edit - Couldn't find one, but there is a Canadian Paul deadpool thread. Do you think you might be thinking of that one?

Edited by Paul Bearer

Jim Carrey is Canadian, too. So was Conrad Bain.

The old Canadian Paul Death Pool had a number of decent Canadian options - Maurice Strong was the one I picked donkeys years ago and he's still going strong.

Guest American Sports Fan

No shortage of hockey players who could be listed here, of course.

Lots of well-known Canadian pro wrestlers too, including the Harts, the Rougeaus, The Vachons (Mad Dog Vachon turns 84 this year), Abdullah the Butcher, Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper, and Edge.

Conservative senator and former party campaign director Doug Finley is someone I had marked as a person to watch. He was given 2.5 years to live on a terminal cancer diagnosis, and that was about a year ago.

Christopher Plummer, too

Terence and Phillip

• Like 1

Mr.Karen Brady is Canadian

If it's alright with the mods, I started this thread, for famous Canadians, >snip

Are there any?

Leonard Cohen!

Here are 3 people due to age who would be reasonable options

Monty Hall

The Let's Make A Deal Host is 91,and would probably get at least a Daily Mail Obit since he was a staple of American tv for decades.

Alice Munro

Her short story The Bear Came Over The Mountain which was later adapted in the Oscar/Bafta nominated film Away From Her is 81 and has cancelled appearance in recent years for health concerns.

Gordie Howe

Turns 85 this month and is considered one of the top 2 or 3 Hockey players ever. I assume almost no other hockey player will ever get a UK Obit if he doesn't.

Ronnie Hawkins (78)

Garth Hudson (75)

Robbie Robertson (69)

Joni Mitchell (69)

Neil Young (67)

The old Canadian Paul Death Pool had a number of decent Canadian options - Maurice Strong was the one I picked donkeys years ago and he's still going strong.

Whatever happened to Canadian Paul?

Ronnie Hawkins (78)

Garth Hudson (75)

Robbie Robertson (69)

Joni Mitchell (69)

Neil Young (67)

Don't jinx it. I'm still getting over the death of Levon Helm. I don't want anymore of them to die :-(

Ronnie Hawkins (78)

Garth Hudson (75)

Robbie Robertson (69)

Joni Mitchell (69)

Neil Young (67)

Don't jinx it. I'm still getting over the death of Levon Helm. I don't want anymore of them to die :-(

I always end up up jinxing things. I'm doing my best to avoid asking the question "whatever happened to....." because usually within a month or two, they're dead :D

He's taken a step-back from dead pooling to concentrate on other stuff, like his PhD.

Personally, I love hanging out here to give me a break from the mental anguish of doctoral studies, but CP clearly copes in a different way.

He's taken a step-back from dead pooling to concentrate on other stuff, like his PhD.

Personally, I love hanging out here to give me a break from the mental anguish of doctoral studies, but CP clearly copes in a different way.

Now if only he'd chosen deadpooling as a subject for his PhD, he'd have covered both bases.

• Like 1

I always end up up jinxing things. I'm doing my best to avoid asking the question "whatever happened to....." because usually within a month or two, they're dead :D

Whatever happened to Maggie Thatcher?

Whatever happened to Maggie Thatcher?

I've tried that already. There's strong voodoo shit keeping that woman alive.

Now if only he'd chosen deadpooling as a subject for his PhD, he'd have covered both bases.

Yes and then he could take his position at the Institute for Deadpool Research on a Government funded salary of millions.

• Like 1

Paul Rose, Quebec separatist involved in the kidnap and (probable) assassination of Pierre LaPorte, dies aged 69.
  • Like 1