Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Paul Raymond, who often went out of his way to give so many young women a leg up onto the career ladder, has evidently died at the age of 82.

Paul Raymond, who often went out of his way to give so many young women a leg up onto the career ladder, has evidently died at the age of 82.

Andrex forever in his debt... :unsure:

Hmm.. quite a lot to update on the DDP it seems.

One I don't have to update but was mentioned very briefly in despatches here was Vincent Anania, father of Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Presidential candidate, John. Considering Anania got an obit in the UK press, albeit the Guardian of course, then maybe Mrs. Edwards will too.

Two more:

Profilic & best-selling author Julian Rathbone has penned his last, whilst on the same day one former KGB head steps down as President, another is going one step further & dying - Vitaly Fedorchuk was 89 years old.

From Rome - Italian Opera star Giuseppe di Stefano who survived being jumped handicap style by robbers back in 2004 - and who I had considered for my DDP team is now dead near Milan at the age of 86.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/18...dead-at-86.html

Would that be a bit like getting mugged by Stephen Hawking?

[speakandspell=hawking]"just give us your wallet, yeah, an' mans won't get stab wi' dis dirty needle." [/speakandspell]

Gary Gygax has failed his constitution roll at the age of 69

Former Preston defender, David Singleton, has died aged 71. He was described by Pele as the hardest footballer he had ever played against.

Guess he got squashed by a troll or something.

I only knew of him beforehand due to his guest appearance on a Futurama episode.

I only knew of him beforehand due to his guest appearance on a Futurama episode.

I was a bit of a D&D nerd when I was at school. saw him once at a role-players convention at The Barbican. even treated myself to an "I Hate Gary Gygax" t-shirt

Leonard Rosenman, a two-time Oscar-winning composer who was credited with helping to modernize film music in the 1950s and '60s, died Tuesday of a heart attack at the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, Calif. He was 83. ;)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798182...yid=25&cs=1

Leonard Rosenman, a two-time Oscar-winning composer who was credited with helping to modernize film music in the 1950s and '60s, died Tuesday of a heart attack at the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, Calif. He was 83. ;)

How weird is that.

Rosenman who composed the theme music to Ralph Bakshi's version of Lord of The Rings dies on the same day that Gygax who created a role playing game influence by Tolkien's middle earth creatures.

Fortean Times have reported the death of Georgina Bruni, socialite who fell for the story about a UFO crashing in Rendlesham Forest and went on to write a book that led others to fall for the same crap.

How weird is that.

Rosenman who composed the theme music to Ralph Bakshi's version of Lord of The Rings dies on the same day that Gygax who created a role playing game influence by Tolkien's middle earth creatures.

Wow, today really sucks. Gygax's Dungeons and Dragons and Rosenman's soundtrack have both influenced my writing very heavily. :o

Rosenman was one of James Dean's best mates, wasn't he? I remember seeing him in that mid-seventies documentary talking about the lunatic fan mail directed to him after Dean's death.

Fortean Times have reported the death of Georgina Bruni, socialite who fell for the story about a UFO crashing in Rendlesham Forest and went on to write a book that led others to fall for the same crap.

And why was it "crap" Mary?

By all means bring all the circumstantial evidence to the table which proves beyond all reasonable doubt that it was bollocks.

Arguably prominent physicist Frederick Seitz, whom I had toyed with putting on my DDP (albeit briefly), has died. The part that I like the most about him is that he actually had the guts to question whether global warming was caused by human activity. That and I'm sure there's some juvenile joke to be made about his magnum opus The Modern Theory of Solids.

Not entirely sad that I left him off though, since he doesn't seem to be garnering much media attention.

Former Sheffield legend Derek Dooley has died at the age of 78

And why was it "crap" Mary?

By all means bring all the circumstantial evidence to the table which proves beyond all reasonable doubt that it was bollocks.

Several of those who told detailed stories of their involvement - notably Larry 'Left at East Gate' Warren - didn't seem to spot each other. Details in the various stories, like exactly where in the field the thing touched down or even if it did, largely contradict each other. The 'hard' evidence of radiation etc is circumstantial at best. The other 'hard' evidence of the so-called 'Halt' memo confirms sketchy details and nowt more and once we're into supposition the total pragmatists have a plausible case linking dipshit American servicemen, the atmospheric conditions and the local lighthouse to account for the light.

Personally I'm with the slight conspiracy notion which the otherwise dick-headed Larry Warren hints at when he suggests the presence of secret Cruise missiles at the base because Upper Heyford and Greenham Common were picketed. In other words if you consider that it was important to rehearse firing these things on mobile launchers, realise that was impossible near a peace camp and then consider the best option of trying this to avoid discovery might be in a forest in the middle of the night in the midwinter holiday you've got some idea of where I'm going. Drop the missile over the side of the launcher and you might just explain a sudden scramble of service personnel, lights seen in the forest, strange holes in the ground and a hint of radiation. And the Halt memo is a cover up and distraction so it's no wonder he got promoted soon after. In fact since the Halt memo mentions lights and scrambling service personnel to investigate it might even be true since the recovery team wouldn't necessarily be known to the security staff on duty on the base that night. So Halt might well be telling the truth, just missing out the bit about a few high up in the US command knowing what was going on.

Be interested in your evidence, and your opinions on the 'Rendle Shame' chapter in that highly recommended book 'The UFOs That Never Were.'

Norman 'Hurricane' Smith, the Beatles first recording engineer and Pink Floyd's first producer has died aged 85.

He is also known for his hit 'song' "Oh Babe, What Would You Say".

Guest McNally
Norman 'Hurricane' Smith, the Beatles first recording engineer and Pink Floyd's first producer has died aged 85.

He is also known for his hit 'song' "Oh Babe, What Would You Say".

'Don't Let It Die' was another I remember from childhood. RIP Hurricane, mate.

Frederick Seitz, physicist and big shot skeptic on the subject of Global Warming who led the National Academy of Sciences and Rockefeller University down the same path has croaked in Manhattan at the age of 96.

You know, I actually think Global Warming is a little exaggerated. Of course that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/06/us/06seitz.html?ref=us

Search, check, then post mate.

Frederick Seitz, physicist and big shot skeptic on the subject of Global Warming who led the National Academy of Sciences and Rockefeller University down the same path has croaked in Manhattan at the age of 96.

You know, I actually think Global Warming is a little exaggerated. Of course that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/06/us/06seitz.html?ref=us