Davey Jones' Locker

Who Should Be On The 2016 Deathlist?

This list is from the Department of Redundancy Department

SC

A department for a department?

On the basis that we already have an ideas and possibilities for 2016 thread I think this thread should be renamed Who Should NOT be on the 2016 deathlist, focussing on lists like the above of people that shouldn't get included "just because"........

It has never crossed my mind that the 'Ideas & Possibilities' thread was specifically for the Deathlist. I thought it was for the benefit of all deadpoolers.

Thirteen people who I hope not to see on next years list

1. Eddie Large
  2. Jake Roberts
  3. Hosni Mubarek
  4. Henry Kissinger
  5. Doris Day
  6. Harper Lee
  7. Ken Kercheval
  8. Fidel Castro
  9. Bob Dole
  10. Jake Lamotta
  11. Liz Smith
  12. Chuck Berry
  13. Javier Perez du Cuellar

Now they will probably all die to prove me wrong.

Here I am, all ready to post "well, I don't think Al Molinaro will be on the 2016 list!" and you didn't even list him. So much for that time travel induced comic timing!

• Like 1

Guest Mark

Charles Manson

Charles Manson

I agree that old coot surely can't live long

It's somewhat satisfactory to see some of these longtime members of the Deathlist make room for new names... It gives more space for new suggestions.

I'd like to suggest Fenella Fielding and Nicolas Roeg.

Personally, I'm also hoping not to see Liz Smith and Javier Perez De Cuellar in there next year. Yes, they might die, but come on, I can't even research Mrs. (?) Smith because she's such a low profile personality and the american gossip lady with the same name occupies all her internet search function space. And De Cuellar - there's nothing exciting or interesting about him. He might be a hit, but so might hundreds of others be. Even Boutros Boutros-Ghali is a better suggestion, because people actually remember the name.

I wonder who the token wrestler is going to be. Maybe even someone like Lord Littlebrook.

Thirteen people who I hope not to see on next years list

1. Eddie Large
  2. Jake Roberts
  3. Hosni Mubarek
  4. Henry Kissinger
  5. Doris Day
  6. Harper Lee
  7. Ken Kercheval
  8. Fidel Castro
  9. Bob Dole
  10. Jake Lamotta
  11. Liz Smith
  12. Chuck Berry
  13. Javier Perez du Cuellar

Now they will probably all die to prove me wrong.

Whilst I agree with a few of those outright, Lamotta has been on every single Deathlist since 2004 and Castro has raked up 4 straight appearances and 12 in total so I only see one way in which both will leave the list. They seem to keep the long timers on now, after missing out on Patrick Moore. I could see Eddie Large and Ken Kercheval appearing in the great list of "one time only" Deathlist candidates, like Peter Tork.

Well now we only need to lose 12 I will reinstate Castro. It was quite hard to narrow down those names.

There is still time for Peter Tork to make a reappearance.

After Davy Jones' surprise death a few years ago all three remaining Monkees are fair game.

I hope there is not a token wrester on the list. Please just let 2015 be an aberation.

Jake the Snake wasn't a bad choice because of health or being a wrestler. He was a bad choice because he's got the Keith Richards survival gene.

Jake the Snake wasn't a bad choice because of health or being a wrestler. He was a bad choice because he's got the Keith Richards survival gene.

a gene he didnt pass onto his son

Must be time for old 'Brucie Baby' to be on the list after his recent fall and hospital vist so please make my day and add Bruce Forsyth to the 2016 list 'didnt he do well'

Must be time for old 'Brucie Baby' to be on the list after his recent fall and hospital vist so please make my day and add Bruce Forsyth to the 2016 list 'didnt he do well'

We could put him in at number 15.........higher? lower?

• Like 4

I think Prunella Scales and Brucie should be left off next year particularly Brucie as he only had a minor fall which although at 87 is serious doesn`t indicate that he is going anywhere soon.If there was a specific reason that he fell i.e a stroke or heart murmur then yes but just sounds like he lost his footing.He is probably the healthiest celebrity over 85 so I think there is little justification for putting him on the list.Yes Prunella has deteriated severely but Alzheimers tends not to precipate a fatal complication such as pneumonia for several years and I think she only fell ill a couple of years ago or so I would leave her off for a year or two but certainly one to watch closely.

• Like 1

Just as an exercise I have completed a Like for Like replacement for this year's hits.

Sam Simon - Earl Hamner

Denis Healey - Greville Janner

Chris Woodhead - William McPherson

Patrick McNee - Tom Baker

Al Molinaro - Mary Tyler Moore

Maureen O' Hara - Carol Channing

B B King - Kay Starr

Peter O' Sullevan - Murray Walker

George Cole - Peter Vaughan

Leonard Nimoy - Walter Koenig

John Nash - I M Pei

Kirk Kerkorian - Lilliane Bettancourt

Christopher Lee - Roger Moore

Advisory note: Better choices may be available from other posters.

I was thinking earlier.How does everyone feel about foreign royalty?I would say there are four we should consider for next year:

King Michael I of Romania (b 1921)

Queen Anne of Romania(b 1923)

Takahito,Prince Mikasa of Japan (b1915)

Yuriko ,Princess Mikasa of Japan (b 1923)

I accept that the last 3 may not be well known enough for the Deathlist ,however I can`t forsee any of them not getting an obituary in the UK.

I think this would have been wildly fun as a who should NOT be on the list, and post a rather popular choice like say Glen Campbell and then let the arguments ensue. As it is this is just a reboot of the other thread.

I don't care who is on it just keep stupid selections off it, like Berry and Mugabe. I've no reason to think Bouteflika was anything but a terrible choice by them and me as well. I bought into the Lynne Stewart hype, wrong! So let's not see her around. What will be VERY interesting IMHO are the continued results of the experimental stem cell injections that have gotten Gordie Howe and Bart Starr from death's door into an upright and active life. Wondering how sustainable that is. Could be a miracle cure for 5+ years could crash any day. I don't think science has a clue, they've beta tested with these guys. So if leave them off my list. I could go on....

SC

The more I think on it, the more I like the idea of

A - Werner Herzog.

74 next year and a loon.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/11-craziest-things-that-have-happened-during-the-making-of-werner-herzogs-films?page=1

B - Gordon Goody

Train robber who sucks oxygen from a bottle.

C - Mike Hoare.

Legendary merc.

• Like 1

I think this would have been wildly fun as a who should NOT be on the list, and post a rather popular choice like say Glen Campbell and then let the arguments ensue. As it is this is just a reboot of the other thread.

I don't care who is on it just keep stupid selections off it, like Berry and Mugabe. I've no reason to think Bouteflika was anything but a terrible choice by them and me as well. I bought into the Lynne Stewart hype, wrong! So let's not see her around. What will be VERY interesting IMHO are the continued results of the experimental stem cell injections that have gotten Gordie Howe and Bart Starr from death's door into an upright and active life. Wondering how sustainable that is. Could be a miracle cure for 5+ years could crash any day. I don't think science has a clue, they've beta tested with these guys. So if leave them off my list. I could go on....

SC

I think you are being unduly harsh on criticising your decision to include Stewart.She has stage 4 breast cancer which was described by her physician as "the worst case he had ever seen".She was also given 18 months to live in December 2013.According to her website the cancer isn`t shrinking it is just the treatment is temporarily halting its progress.As soon as she becomes resistant to that she will most likely be dead in weeks but that information wasn`t known until recently.So no one would fault your logic for choosing her much like everyone who chose Wilko Johnson last year except she has not been cured far from it.Let`s not forget that she also has high blood pressure and breathing problems as well as diabetes which means she is at high risk of a heart attack,stroke ,pneumonia and also hyperglycaemia.

I'd like to have more knowledge about those cases whose tumours just don't progess - see also Valerie Harper. But I guess that comes with time.

Wilko Johnson was a different case. He had to choose whether to undergo a radical operation with just 15% chance of survival. He was lucky:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/10/wilko-johnson-interview-ive-got-a-future

After Davy Jones' surprise death a few years ago all three remaining Monkees are fair game.

Mickey Dolenz has the look of someone who'll be gurning zanily about the Monkees legacy for another 20 years...he'll probably outlast the remaining Beatles as well.

Mickey Dolenz has the look of someone who'll be gurning zanily about the Monkees legacy for another 20 years...he'll probably outlast the remaining Beatles as well.

Not too sure about that he has a very strained look.

I think the one built for durability is Mike Nesmith.

Guest Droosy

Not too sure about that he has a very strained look.

I think the one built for durability is Mike Nesmith.

Yep, Mike was my favourite Monkey