themaninblack

The Next Piper At The Gates Of Heaven

Who's next to take the last trip?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blimey, there's a lot of things to write when posting a poll these days...

Any additional suggestions will be welcome biggrin.png

• Like 1

Given that Roky Erikson, Julian Cope and Sky Saxon are still pretty much active. I'd go for Captain Beefheart as being the next to go

I voted Captain Beefheart, and I'm starting to think it will be sooner than later...

If we're any judges, it doesn't look good for the skipper, does it? Mind, his is a long-term illness, and whoever voted for Sky Saxon might be very shrewd: nutter does crazy things, forgets meds, etc.

Larry 'Wild Man' Fischer might be worth an outside punt. Only sixty but lacking the sanity to stay safe all the time.

Sky Saxon's web site is a bit of a cheapie, lacking any upcoming gig information. I didn't realise, until I did some surfing over the last couple of minutes, that he's 70 next year.

I saw Roky Erickson play last night, looks in fine fettle and still screaming like a good'un although obviously still damaged to an alarming degree. Barring accidents we ain't gonna miss him for a good while.

I saw Roky Erickson play last night, looks in fine fettle and still screaming like a good'un although obviously still damaged to an alarming degree. Barring accidents we ain't gonna miss him for a good while.

Seems physically healthy enough from this article too - Hank Rollins Paid for my Dentures - although I doubt he quite appreciates the irony of playing a festival called Meltdown.

Regardless Anubis, you should have brought your camera or at least a picture phone. I wanted to see the latest version of Rock Erickson and observe the judgment of others and their opinions, but I guess it's a little late for that now.

Fair point for Deathlist, Banshees but if there's one thing drives me up the wall it's arseholes who spend an entire gig taking shitty pictures with their phones right in front of you.Happened at another gig I went to recently and my other half nearly had a stand-up fight with the guy. Her argument was 'I didn't pay good money to come to a gig only to have to watch it on a 2 inch screen.'

/Scuttles off to Room 101

Regardless Anubis, you should have brought your camera or at least a picture phone. I wanted to see the latest version of Rock Erickson and observe the judgment of others and their opinions, but I guess it's a little late for that now.

Re gigs and mobile phones I'm with yers. The real annoyance is that it's the character and oddball acts who look distinctive who get the worst treatment here. I've seen Motorhead often enough to notice the attention Lemmy gets with the phones because he's so recognisable. Then again, there is some humour to be had when the phone snappers get too close to the moshpit and their treasured technology gets dislodged and trampled to splinters.

Fair point for Deathlist, Banshees but if there's one thing drives me up the wall it's arseholes who spend an entire gig taking shitty pictures with their phones right in front of you.Happened at another gig I went to recently and my other half nearly had a stand-up fight with the guy. Her argument was 'I didn't pay good money to come to a gig only to have to watch it on a 2 inch screen.'

I absolutely hear what your saying, your paying good money to see hour long photographers and heavy set moma grind her shaker, 'but for example' No Erickson. In any live event when they say 'take your seats' they don't say it for nothing, and she had every right to neglect that guy, in fact your example reminds of a girl that was almost mine, she set the night on fire but at the same time she was very domineering to those around her.

Yeah, so he doesn't exactly charge around the stage, but he looks OK for a man who's gone through 30 odd years of damage.

Yeah, so he doesn't exactly charge around the stage, but he looks OK for a man who's gone through 30 odd years of damage.

He looks like Kevin Eldon! :lol:

'You're Gonna Miss Me' - the birth of Punk Rock?

Sorry to go all obscure, but Rúnar Júlíusson, singer with Thor's Hammer. possibly Iceland's best sixties alternative rock group, has died at the age of 63. The link is in Icelandic.

Góða nótt.

Sorry to go all obscure, but Rúnar Júlíusson, singer with Thor's Hammer. possibly Iceland's best sixties alternative rock group, has died at the age of 63. The link is in Icelandic.

Góða nótt.

Who?

Well, at least the celebrity deaths are picking up a bit... Paul Benedict, Odetta, and Forrest J. Ackerman all in one week. not the most impressive bunch, but considering the paucity of celebrity deaths lately, they'll do.

However...Forrest J. Ackermann was falsely reported dead earlier this year (actually only about a month or two ago) and the sources looked legit back then. Hopefully he won't tease us this time.....

Góða nótt.

Who?

I always find it better to enlighten myself by reading up on unfamilar subject matters, rather than displaying my ignorance for all to see <_<. Go well.

Can I out myself as a sad W**ker and say that I had actually heard of Thors Hammer?

Thought so.

They are on the 2nd Nuggets CD box set.

Can I out myself as a sad W**ker and say that I had actually heard of Thors Hammer?

Thought so.

Seems a bit odd to be playing Icelandic freakbeat before 9 on a Saturday morning, but The Hammer's My Life is currently pounding its way out of my speakers in tribute to Runar. Beats Sigur Ros and that madwoman any day.

Who could be next, I wonder. Masaru Hoshi of The Mops, Jimmy Winston of Winston's Fumbs, Frans Krassenburg of Golden Earring(s)?

Thought so.

I'm a sad W**ker, I know my music and I couldn't have told you much about them. Then again, I don't have the second Nuggets boxed set.

Roky is gigging in the UK soon, London date and the Green Man Festival.

Obviously insurable and - therefore - likely to breathing for a while longer.

• Like 1