weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

You guys better add Nancy Reagan to your 2005 list, she will be 84 next year!

• Like 1

Guest Guest_Billy the Squid

is there room for her on the 2005 list?

is she famous enough

it would be too strange to have a deathlist without a reagan on it

2005 seems to be shaping up for a potentially bumper year for former First Ladies.

In addition to Nancy, we have Lady Bird Johnson, and lets not forget Barabra Bush (79), Rosalynn Carter (77), and Betty Ford (86). Admittedly, Barbara and Rosalynn may still be on the young side (relatively speaking, of course), but surely the drug and alcohol abuse that Betty fought in the 70's has taken some toll.

Looks like the title ex-First Lady may soon be changing to ex-ex-First Lady :lol:

is there room for her on the 2005 list?

is she famous enough

it would be too strange to have a deathlist without a reagan on it

Why would you ask a stupid question like "Is she famous enough?" She's a first lady for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you that stupid??

It was a fair question from Mr The Squid. Get a sense of perspective - Nancy Reagan is only a former First Lady of a single one of the world's 193 countries, which is home to not much more than 5% of our planet's population; it's just that many inhabitants of that country have a blinkered tendency to forget that there's anything outside their borders. Hell, this isn't even an American website. Could you name the widow of a former President of any other country?

(weatherman90 scurries off to look in an atlas for these 'Canada' and 'France' places of which you speak...) :lol:

(weatherman90 scurries off to look in an atlas for these 'Canada' and 'France' places of which you speak...) 

If its any help weatherman90 - Canada is that cold place up north which isn't part of the US (don't confuse it with Alaska, which is).

France is that big country in Europe which didn't support the war in Iraq. Oops, doesn't really narrow that down much, does it :lol:

Guest Karl-Erik Wadin Wesslén

If she was married to that f*****g despot and capitalist (same thing) I really hope she´ll die a painful death really soon.

In fact I do know alot of First Ladys from other countries, Have you knuckleheads even looked at this year's list? There is a lady named "Princess Alice", who the heck is that??? The Job Description says "Queen Mum's Sister In Law" I think that If some dead Queen's sister In Law from some country can be on the list, dont you think that the first lady of the best president of the 20th century can be on it?

Just to finish this "famous enough" debate - Nancy Reagan will qualify on that criteria primarily because her death will be well reported.

Whether standing by Ronnie's side is much of an achievement to claim celebirty status is debatable but, to use Dearby Dead Pool rules as a guide, she will get obituaries in the main UK newspapers and, our other guide, all the DeathList committee members have heard of her.

Wetherman - not a bad point re Princess Alice - there have been many debates about whether she qualifies - but we finally agreed (or disagreed) that she did qualify - marginally.

Mrs. Reagan should certainly qualify for being the first non-Russian to use an astrologer to determine matters of state.

I doubt she'll last through 2005. She's not looking too well these days.

[sA Edit: Merged with previous Nancy topic 13/10]

Guest Banshees Scream

I Agree Nancy Reagon hasent looked at her best lateley but i think 2005 might be just a bit to soon :P

She was too in-tune with Ronald.

I say she'll die of a heart attack, within the week of the 1 year anniversary of his death, and she'll be going to or coming from some public function.

A welcome return to the forum for Nancy, who seemed to have slipped from peoples minds (well, she slipped from Ronnie's many years ago).

You may also be interest in this thread which also discusses some other former First Ladies.

In fact I do know alot of First Ladys from other countries, Have you knuckleheads even looked at this year's list? There is a lady named "Princess Alice", who the heck is that??? The Job Description says "Queen Mum's Sister In Law" I think that If some dead Queen's sister In Law from some country can be on the list, dont you think that the first lady of the best president of the 20th century can be on it?

weatherman you werent even born yet. that is hearsay.

Ohh Please! You people just can't stop yapping about me can you? When I came back here a week ago after being gone for a month, I browsed through a great number of forum topics that I had either Started or Posted In, and after about a few weeks after I had left I found at least 1 or 2 posts refering to my being banned or my previous postings. Finally, to finish off todays lesson, Just because I was not living at the time of Regan and such, doesn't mean that I cant know just as much about him and his presidency as you, but I probably know MORE about his presidency than most of you. Especially considering that I was one placement away from going to Washington D.C. and going on television with JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek in our National Geography Bee. Meaning I am approximately the 51st most intelligent teenager (grades 4-10) in this nation. Believe me, you gotta know a bit about Reagan to get that far.

That just means you can spell his name. Which, granted, is more than he could for a long while.

Now do be quiet.