Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Another candidate from the world fo Cricket:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2015/03/17/cri--south-africa-rice.html

Former South African Captain Clive Rice has a procedure on a brain tumor. Initially, they thought it was inoperable and he was about to die, now they try to defeat it with lasers.

Omo N’Oba Erediauwa, the Oba of Benin, is currently unwell, or, as his official statement puts it:

‘The leopard is ill in the savannah bush.’

This news follows previous speculation about the Oba's predicament:

The announcement confirmed THISDAY’s exclusive report recently that the Oba was in dialogue with his ancestors.
  • Like 2

Omo N’Oba Erediauwa, the Oba of Benin, is currently unwell, or, as his official statement puts it:

The announcement confirmed THISDAY’s exclusive report recently that the Oba was in dialogue with his ancestors.

Nice turn of phrase, I'll have to see if I can slip that into a conversation sometime.

• Like 1

Another candidate from the world fo Cricket:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2015/03/17/cri--south-africa-rice.html

Former South African Captain Clive Rice has a procedure on a brain tumor. Initially, they thought it was inoperable and he was about to die, now they try to defeat it with lasers.

Initially, they thought it was inoperable and he was about to die, now I still think it's inoperable and he's going to die, but first they will milk a small fortune from him for an experimental procedure of dubious value.

He will be a great candidate in 2016 if he makes the startline.

• Like 1

Well, I already suggested him for this year's list but, if he survives the year than firearms designer/mogul Gaston Glock would make an excellent contender for 2016.

He's suffered from strokes in the past, and suffers from "life-threatening decomposition of cardiovascular system and renal system", and is now enduring a stressful legal battle with his wife over the company.

Nice turn of phrase, I'll have to see if I can slip that into a conversation sometime.

"Me gran used to know about that kind of thing, just a sec dear, I'll give her a bell...."

I'll just fucking bet it was an exclusive.

Well, I already suggested him for this year's list but, if he survives the year than firearms designer/mogul Gaston Glock would make an excellent contender for 2016.

He's suffered from strokes in the past, and suffers from "life-threatening decomposition of cardiovascular system and renal system", and is now enduring a stressful legal battle with his wife over the company.

I have him in my shadow list for this year, but forgot to put him on any of my other lists.

How about Charlie Sheen?With all his scandals and excesses I wouldn't be surprised to see him die soon of alcohol poisoning or drug overdose.

• Like 1

How about Charlie Sheen?With all his scandals and excesses I wouldn't be surprised to see him die soon of alcohol poisoning or drug overdose.

If he did that right now, I'd be first in the DDP... But I've come to conclude that those kinds of death are too unlikely to do the same next year. Nevertheless, Charlie is constantly in the news for something. Last week, he made some pretend-happy family pictures with his ex-wife and the children. This week, his Two and a Half Men co-star Jon Cryer comes out with an autobiography which also details Charlie's meltdown. And yesterday, Charlie made a twitter statement that caused some outrage.

The only member of the Russian Duma to vote against the Russian annexion of the Crimea, Ilya Ponomaryov, is currently being stuck in the USA and being refused return into Russia because "they don't want to risk creating any more martyres."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/kremlin-critic-ponomaryov-stuck-in-us-while-being-kept-away-from-russia/518060.html

Ponomaryov wants to return though, his children are still in Russia.

• Like 1

Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot, hero to many a student/unemployed layabout in the early 2000s because of "Late Night Poker", has colon cancer pretty bad. Not so much a "possibility for 2016" as a "possibility for the first week of April 2015".

• Like 1

Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot, hero to many a student/unemployed layabout in the early 2000s because of "Late Night Poker", has colon cancer pretty bad. Not so much a "possibility for 2016" as a "possibility for the first week of April 2015".

Hmm, a nasty turn.

You wait 2 years for a poker bore to die of arse cancer and then 2 come along at once!

Chris Sager's cancer has returned.

Christ sake he was just bragging it was eradicated what, a couple months ago? Reaper was giggling it seems

SC

What about Oscar Brand, 95-year-old folk singer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Brand

Or what about 95-year-old mathematician Raymond Smullyan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Smullyan

Both would be good picks due to age - the problem is whether they would get a UK obit. Most likely in the Guardian, not so likely in other news outlets.

"Due to age" is an incredibly poor reason to consider someone.

SC

What about Oscar Brand, 95-year-old folk singer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Brand

Or what about 95-year-old mathematician Raymond Smullyan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Smullyan

Both would be good picks due to age - the problem is whether they would get a UK obit. Most likely in the Guardian, not so likely in other news outlets.

"Due to age" is an incredibly poor reason to consider someone.

SC

I can't agree Mr. Creepy. Age is certainly a factor (although not the only one) in this kind of stuff. All other things being equal, isn't a 95 year old candidate better than one that's in his 40's? Once a celebrity reaches the 90's they become distinct possibilities even without knowing any other factors. Just check with the life insurance companies.

• Like 3

Indeed. Charon has confirmed and it's on Ulliott's twitter account.

Guest new guest

I think this is a not of a gamble but John Goodman. He is looking increasingly dazed and is very overweight and he has been an alcoholic for 30 years. I am not saying but him on next years list but keep an eye on him

I think this is a not of a gamble but John Goodman. He is looking increasingly dazed and is very overweight and he has been an alcoholic for 30 years. I am not saying but him on next years list but keep an eye on him

I actually was thinking that last night as I watched "The Gambler". Nice titties and a face that has been hit by a hatchet a few times.

5 years max .

Mexican singer/songrwriter Joan Sebastian is currently hospitalized and undergoing cancer treatment, but not yet in critical condition, according to his son:

http://www.latintimes.com/joan-sebastian-hospitalized-julian-figueroa-son-confirms-singer-undergoing-cancer-308202

Also, happy birthday!