maryportfuncity

Fat And Fearless

Where there's a hole, there's a goal. :lol:

• Like 4

I'll check, but i'm sure that's a quote from Nietzsche.

• Like 2

If it is, it was probably said whilst he was down the pub raising his wrist. :D

• Like 1

If it is, it was probably said whilst he was down the pub raising his wrist. :D

Found it ....when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you .... and mines a pint of Landlord.

• Like 1

Damn right

• Like 1

Last weekend, I saw the former manager (not coach, but chief executive, or however you call that in english) of Bayer Leverkusen, Rainer Calmund on television (a live cooking show, naturally).

He has only gotten fatter through the years and recently had a disc prolapse which forced him into a wheelchair, I also thought he looked unhealthy in general:

Here's a german article with a picture:

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/reiner-calmund/bild-interview-im-rollstuhl-47937298,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

Another one of these really obese cases, also hailing from Mexico:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3973316/World-s-fattest-man-32-discovered-15-stone-heavier-thought-weighs-near-record-breaking-92-stone-9lbs.html?ITO=1490

Must be something in their culture. Or a liking for sugary drinks and fast food.

What is strange now is that once upon a time the developed countries had the fattest people, but now it's increasingly some of the developing countries (Mexico, Egypt, etc) that are overtaking even the USA and UK for fat people...

It is the fructose that US companies are successfully exporting to these countries.

Read a book recently

Paleolithic era - average human in West sugar consumption 2kg per year

1830 at time of industrial revolution 5kg per year

Now about 70kg per year

The increase in sugar consumption since second world war is positively correlated to the increase in many, if not all, cancers.

In my home ec class I'm doing a project on his to reduce sugars. Companies tend to name sugars by scientific names so people won't know sugar is in the food. A tip to avoid this is to read ingredients and remember that anything ending is "ose" is sugar in disguise.

• Like 1

PAY-Georgia-Davis.jpg

Another utterly uncalled for shot of a mountain of blubber. Georgia Davies, went to hospital last week after a fall, but only after a massive hole was knocked in the front wall of her house.

Currently reckoned to tip the scales around 54 stone.

Unbelievably (?), the DailyMail seem to have some kind of serial coverage on her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3865596/Woman-Britain-s-fattest-teenager-dumped-boyfriend.html

Update: She's still obese.

In my home ec class I'm doing a project on his to reduce sugars. Companies tend to name sugars by scientific names so people won't know sugar is in the food. A tip to avoid this is to read ingredients and remember that anything ending is "ose" is sugar in disguise.

So if someone is verbose they are saying sweet things?

• Like 3

That'll be a BIG hello from David Morgan-Hewitt, managing director of London's presitigous Goring Hotel in Belgravia.

Enough of a socialite to get mentions in the press as and when the weight does for him

maxresdefault.jpg

Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty, 36, the world's fattest woman will be flown on a specially modified Airbus to India for life-saving weight reduction surgery after reaching 78 stone (1092 lbs, 495 kg).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4212258/World-s-fattest-woman-needs-special-plane-treatment.html

fat.jpg

Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty, 36, the world's fattest woman will be flown on a specially modified Airbus to India for life-saving weight reduction surgery after reaching 78 stone (1092 lbs, 495 kg).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4212258/World-s-fattest-woman-needs-special-plane-treatment.html

fat.jpg

I would.
  • Like 2

If you did there'd be no chance of you forgetting your first time. ;)

• Like 4

fat.jpg

From someone whose local news has been covering this a lot, the hospital she's going to be operated in had to construct a separate, portable, mini-hospital nearby with special equipment and facilities that would be able to bear her weight.

I'm a right fucking porker but how, HOW, do people get this fat?

• Like 2

It's a form of mental illness. In some cases it's sexually based.

• Like 2

fat.jpg

I would.

Personally like the airline I'd give her a wide berth.

I'll get me coat....

• Like 2

One chocolate chip cookie at a time.

It's a form of mental illness. In some cases it's sexually based.

Excellent answer. Thanks for writing it. People can sometimes be cruel to something they do not understand.