A few of my pet hates:

- People who say "haitch".

- Richard Wilson (I don't believe it)

- Tony Blair

- Religion

• Like 1

HIPPYS :angry:

I'm kind of a half-hippy myself :blink: I agree with some hippy values, but not so much the dress sense.

I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but my pet hate ( well, one of them ) is the Betterware Catalogue :flame2: I seriously hate the people who deliver them ( :2guns: ). These people post a bulk of junk through my door, then TELL me when to leave it outside so that they can easily collect it!!! They assume that I want to play their annoying game. How dare they assume this? I should not have to put a sign on my door saying " No 'Betterware', or else. ". They should only post them into doors that have signs stating a willingness to comply. Grrr and double grr with grrrr on top.

Breathe in and out, slowly. Calm down. There, all better. :)

• Like 1

I'm right easy goin' me. Had a problem with Michael Knighton when the fat crook was chairman of Carlisle, things have - like - chilled out a bit since.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but my pet hate ( well, one of them ) is the Betterware Catalogue :angry: I seriously hate the people who deliver them ( :flame2: ). These people post a bulk of junk through my door, then TELL me when to leave it outside so that they can easily collect it!!! They assume that I want to play their annoying game. How dare they assume this? I should not have to put a sign on my door saying " No 'Betterware', or else. ". They should only post them into doors that have signs stating a willingness to comply. Grrr and double grr with grrrr on top.

[irony]Have you ever actually looked at the Betterware catalogue? It's packed with useful household items. Ditto the Kleeneze catalogue. [/irony]

• Like 1

[irony]Have you ever actually looked at the Betterware catalogue? It's packed with useful household items. Ditto the Kleeneze catalogue. [/irony]

Arrrggghhhh NOT KLEENEEZE TOO! :angry:

• Like 1

- Those little plastic tags that hold the labels on newly bought clothes. You cut them off and they ping off somewhere you can't see them. Invariably, they end up in my socks! I am always very careful when cutting them off, making sure I have both pieces clamped securely between my fingers as I undertake the tricky operation, but Mrs. V is much more casual (and tends to buy a LOT MORE CLOTHES, being of the fairer sex), so I blame her mostly!

- Most mobile phone ringtones

- People who talk really loudly on mobile phones in public. If in the days of the good old red phone box you'd opened the door to earwig someone's conversation, imagine what abuse you would have got about "invading their privacy". Now people want to talk about their sex lives, Big Brother, their athlete's foot and all, and you have to listen to it!!!

- Big Brother

- Adverts for athlete's foot powder. There's one on at the moment, seeming to suggest that applying the stuff is some sort of erotic turn-on, which it BLOODY WELL ISN'T - and it always seems to be when I'm having my tea!

- Terry Wogan

(to be continued)

• Like 1

- Those little plastic tags that hold the labels on newly bought clothes. You cut them off and they ping off somewhere you can't see them. Invariably, they end up in my socks! I am always very careful when cutting them off, making sure I have both pieces clamped securely between my fingers as I undertake the tricky operation, but Mrs. V is much more casual (and tends to buy a LOT MORE CLOTHES, being of the fairer sex), so I blame her mostly!

- Most mobile phone ringtones

- People who talk really loudly on mobile phones in public. If in the days of the good old red phone box you'd opened the door to earwig someone's conversation, imagine what abuse you would have got about "invading their privacy". Now people want to talk about their sex lives, Big Brother, their athlete's foot and all, and you have to listen to it!!!

- Big Brother

- Adverts for athlete's foot powder. There's one on at the moment, seeming to suggest that applying the stuff is some sort of erotic turn-on, which it BLOODY WELL ISN'T - and it always seems to be when I'm having my tea!

- Terry Wogan

(to be continued)

I suggest you try these tips:

1. Cut up Mrs V's credit cards.

2. and 3. stay at home for the rest of your life, with the doors and windows closed. Eventually, this may remove the need for you to do as recommended in 1.

4. Don't watch it.

5. Don't eat in front of the TV.

6. Don't listen to Radio 2 before 9.30 each morning, don't watch Eurovision, don't watch Children in Need.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

My additions to Room 101, or in some cases the B-Ark

• Telemarketeers. It's a shame the volume of telephone signals is limited by the equipment. I'd love to insert a 180 dB whistle in their ears.
  • People who take the better part of a day just to pay purchases in the shop. There are two especially hideous subspecies:
    • People who just stand idly until the cashier names the amount, then get their wallet out and start searching for cash, fail to find it and only then start the process of electronic payment or writing out a check.
    • Pensioners who do all of the above at a snail's pace, five minutes before the shop closes. Jesus wept, they have all day, so they might as well do it early.

[*]Marketing managers

[*]Queue jumpers

[*]Spammers

[*]Misspelling the word atheist

[*]Evangelists

[*]The Dutch Prime Minister

I'll stop now. This is not good for my blood pressure.

regards,

Hein

4. Don't watch it.

Thanks very much for that, Rick. To be honest, I DON'T watch BB, but it's still diffcult to avoid, unless I take your previous piece of advice, then I may have a chance, although I suspect there's going to be a law passed soon that makes mentioning Big Brother a set number of times compulsory on all other TV shows and web sites.

[*]Misspelling the word atheist

Many apologies. I can spell ... but can't type. :angry:

Taking the theme of people of cell phones in public a step further (or is it farther, I can't ever keep that straight)...

In my office it has become de rigueur to use your cell phone in the restroom. I don't get it. I can't believe that anyone I was speaking with would want to witness the environment of the restroom, even if only through the phone. :angry:

In my office it has become de rigueur to use your cell phone in the restroom. I don't get it. I can't believe that anyone I was speaking with would want to witness the environment of the restroom, even if only through the phone. :flame2:

It beats using those infernal machines during a personal conversation.

I have a "debieltje"[1] and I hate the bloody thing. I appreciate its usefulness, but I fail to see why it must be answered everytime it goes off. :angry:

[1]Literally: little moron, after the normal Dutch word for a cell phone, "mobieltje".

regards,

Hein

SUVs, especially on city streets. I don't get it. If you need a big car, buy a big

car, or, better yet , a truck. But why these huge dinosaurs on wheels that nobody

can seem to learn how to drive let alone park. Rant over.

Ditto.

The ones that really annoy me are those that buy SUVs jsut because they have two children and the only thing they use them for are to go grocery shopping.

Also people who buy pick-up trucks and never use them for their intended purpose

An idea for getting rid of telemarketers - keep a referees whistle by your phone and if someone calls trying to sell double glazing or timeshare, one shrill blast should ensure that the caller has to put the phone down

whilst they attend to their ruptured ear drum. It's always worked for me :angry:

The packaging on children's toys. All those thick plastic ties which you have to cut with scissors, and the bits of thread which are sellotaped to the cardboard, not to mention the twisty wire stuff held down by even more plastic strips.

"Bratz" dolls, and the clothing range, which includes a tight red faux-leather crotch-skimming micro skirt. For six year olds.

Motorised Scooters doing 10 m.p.h in crowded shopping centres and on pavements.

Mini-Motorcycles, Jade Goody, the list is endless!

An idea for getting rid of telemarketers - keep a referees whistle by your phone and if someone calls trying to sell double glazing or timeshare, one shrill blast should ensure that the caller has to put the phone down

whilst they attend to their ruptured ear drum. It's always worked for me :angry:

They are a bit of a pain in the arse, but I usually say "Sorry, there's no one by that name living at this address" which is basically correct, as they don't pronounce my name correctly in the first place as they are probably phoning from Pakistan/India/China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/ you get my drift. Alternatively, put on a very bad st.....st...st...st...st...st..stammer, they'll get so fed up with you, they'll hang up.

They are a bit of a pain in the arse, but I usually say "Sorry, there's no one by that name living at this address" which is basically correct, as they don't pronounce my name correctly in the first place as they are probably phoning from Pakistan/India/China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/ you get my drift. Alternatively, put on a very bad st.....st...st...st...st...st..stammer, they'll get so fed up with you, they'll hang up.

I usually just tell them to F*CK OFF

That's exactly what my neighbour tells them* ( Your name isn't Ron by any chance?)

* Witnessed by 3 of us

That's exactly what my neighbour tells them* ( Your name isn't Ron by any chance?)

* Witnessed by 3 of us

An acquaintance of mine threatens to set fire to their pubic hair.

* Witnessed by 3 of us

Thankfully my name isn't Ron, a small mercy I am grateful for.

If you know the name of the company that is plaguing you, try phoning their head office, ask to speak to a PR person and then tell them to F*CK OFF, and say if you ever receive another call from their company you will pay them a visit in person to fully express your ire.

* Witnessed by 3 of us

If you know the name of the company that is plaguing you, try phoning their head office, ask to speak to a PR person and then tell them to F*CK OFF, and say if you ever receive another call from their company you will pay them a visit in person to fully express your ire.

Register your phone number free with TPS, we did this last year and no longer receive these phone calls.

whilst they attend to their ruptured ear drum. It's always worked for me :flame2:

* Witnessed by 3 of us

Register your phone number free with TPS, we did this last year and no longer receive these phone calls.

I am registered with TPS, but it doesn't cover calls originating from outside the UK. :angry:

I am registered with TPS, but it doesn't cover calls originating from outside the UK. :angry:

I haven't had that problem TF, maybe it depends on what phone company you are with?

Yep - as far as I know, TPS is only legally binding within the UK, so as a heck of a lot of calls come from Asia, they will still get through.

Has anyone ever actually used a service offered via a cold call?